What do you drive when not driving the E9???

m_thompson

Reaction score
128i, stick, sport package, no other options except ipod adapter. This car embodies everything that BMW is still doing right. 128i is nearly as fast, handles just as well, rides and shifts much better in daily use. Scott

I also have a 128i 6MT. It is an M-Sport version that we picked up in Munich with Euro Delivery. It has every toy except PDC, and comfort access. It replaced my '93 325is.

http://sites.google.com/site/mthompsonorg/Home/bmw/bmw-euro-delivery/Neuschwanstein.jpg?

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am a hopeful E9 future owner. My DD's since 1994 was one of three VR6 Corrados and an 98 E36 M3 Sedan. WHen the last Corrado was damaged in an accident, it meshed with the addition of a Sheepdog Pup to the family (Plus two kids I already am on the hook for) so I decided to move into an 03 E46 Wagon as my around town daily. I love this car so far and it is getting set up like an M3 (Without the power for now) The main car that gets beat up for family duty is an 06 Acura MDX. It has been an ultra reliable family vehicle. I also have a 66 Corvair Corsa I have owned since 82.. If I could expand my hobby with the addition of more storage, I would like to get a Lotus Elise, A Porsche 911, a Datsun 240-Z , the E9 of course and then when everyone thinks I am done, a VR6 Corrado, as that has been the car that I never really got tired of.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Since neither of my E9s does much more than move around the driveway, I usually drive either my 05 330Ci ZHP or Dodge van. For BMW events, I try to take my 86 635 although it has not been very reliable this year.

Next car will probably be a Corvette Grand Sport ....

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Any Alfa Romeo fans? I was a complete Alfa Romeo fanatic before I disovered the 2002 and later the E9.

Jellobmw

Site Donor
Reaction score
98 V70R, safron (puke orange) tastefully modded. This is my soccer mom hauler / F150 / grocery store rocket ship. It's been fun getting the hp out of that Volvo 5 cyl HP turbo engine (236 stock, probably 255 now). Goes like stink, handles well, goes anywhere with the AWD and 4 studded hockey pucks, and is quite comfortable. Not quite the car my wife's e39 wagon is, but much cheaper to maintain.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Any Alfa Romeo fans? I was a complete Alfa Romeo fanatic before I disovered the 2002 and later the E9.

Always wanted to try an Alfa 1750 coupe. Just wondering how the drive experience compares to a BMW?

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
DD confessions

Just finished a ten day wilderness canoe trip that involved everything from 130kmh 4 lane hwy to logging roads with two 18' canoes on top and all the prerequisite weather, camping and cooking gear for four adults inside. The vehicle of choice was my 2003 Honda Odyssey van. The ultimate (but very dull) people hauler through all kinds of weather, roads and conditions carrying tons of my stuff to ski races, back country trips and the ballet. In 175,000km and 8 years it has never ever had a mechanical failure and only gets the scheduled maintenance when I think it's needed.

The e9 and 2002 I keep for good weather and escaping the daily world.

I feel like I just outed myself.

Doug

mario1017

Reaction score
e39 wagons

seems like alot of people own these who drive e9s.
funny im looking for a nice one..
anyone have one for sale?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Very timely question as I have just done a few weeks of Chevrolet Corsa (a rental) in South America. Few BMWs except for some classics I have seen in garages. The only cars I liked in the Buenos Aires streets are the smallish Peugeots.

Had a minor collision and picked up a ticket for scratching my ear while driving (two cops swear I was talking on a phone). Good time but missed the coupe!

Bwana

Reaction score
The Base Commander drives a 2000 540iA with the "sport" suspension. When I have to haul stuff or when it's too $^($@ hot here, I take my 2001 S/C Tacoma.

But the real DD is my LDR FJR1300AE. Waaaay too much fun!

Done2.jpg

nameless

Reaction score
Run a small fabrication and engineering prototyping shop. Daily driver is an '86 VW Vanagon Syncro w/ 4" Lift, Subaru EJ22 Engine, Torsen Differentials, Full Camper. Works great as a shop truck and all around go-getter.

Also have a few other BMW's, a euro 2800 e3 and '88 535is Turbo. Project cars are an Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce w/ TWM Sidedraft ITB's, Datsun 411 Sedan w/ 300ZX twin turbo drivetrain, Jaguar XJS w/ Small Block Chevy & 4 TWM Sidedraft ITB's.

I'm certainly that guy who doesn't have the tupperware daily driver that never fails. Mine are pretty much always in need ;-). Spend too much time building parts for other people it seems.

In my spare (read: none) time, I like kayaking and mountain biking. I've got a Necky Looksha V 17' Sea Kayak and a Necky Sky 9' Rec Boat. MTB is a Specialized HardRock 29er.

Cool thread, it's always nice to see what else people are into and what they drive/do...

Jason

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
List photos of some of your project cars, they all seem so interesting.

Run a small fabrication and engineering prototyping shop. Daily driver is an '86 VW Vanagon Syncro w/ 4" Lift, Subaru EJ22 Engine, Torsen Differentials, Full Camper. Works great as a shop truck and all around go-getter.

Also have a few other BMW's, a euro 2800 e3 and '88 535is Turbo. Project cars are an Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce w/ TWM Sidedraft ITB's, Datsun 411 Sedan w/ 300ZX twin turbo drivetrain, Jaguar XJS w/ Small Block Chevy & 4 TWM Sidedraft ITB's.

I'm certainly that guy who doesn't have the tupperware daily driver that never fails. Mine are pretty much always in need ;-). Spend too much time building parts for other people it seems.

In my spare (read: none) time, I like kayaking and mountain biking. I've got a Necky Looksha V 17' Sea Kayak and a Necky Sky 9' Rec Boat. MTB is a Specialized HardRock 29er.

Cool thread, it's always nice to see what else people are into and what they drive/do...

Jason

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
DD-Titleist 907D2, 9.5 degrees loft, Mitsubishi JavlnFX stiff shaft......Oh, and a 2010 Ford Taurus company car(free gas).

rb1971

Reaction score
A 1M, which replaced my E39 M5 pretty recently. It's nice to see BMW still makes one or two cars that can still be fairly called UDM.