Wheel + Tire Sizes / Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
interesting, @Stevehose ran 215/60-15's on his coupe for a while ... prior to going to 14" alpinas with 205/70-14's. i know that he did because i have the wheels and tires. perhaps because your springs were cut, they don't fit with a wider / lower profile ... presumably rubbing the strut. very curious of the wheel size / offset

see an earlier post where @Markos was test fitting a 16 x 8" wheel w/ et 23 ... and ran into issues of the wheel rubbing the strut. we know that 17" x 8" wheels fit on the coupe as @vince runs them in the front while running 17" x 9" wheels in the rear ... my understanding is that is very close fit in the back.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
interesting, @Stevehose ran 215/60-15's on his coupe for a while ... prior to going to 14" alpinas with 205/70-14's. i know that he did because i have the wheels and tires. perhaps because your springs were cut, they don't fit with a wider / lower profile ... presumably rubbing the strut. very curious of the wheel size / offset

see an earlier post where @Markos was test fitting a 16 x 8" wheel w/ et 23 ... and ran into issues of the wheel rubbing the strut. we know that 17" x 8" wheels fit on the coupe as @vince runs them in the front while running 17" x 9" wheels in the rear ... my understanding is that is very close fit in the back.

One comment about the 17x8. Those are ET20 so they are 3MM further from the strut. The extra 3MM plus the extra .5" up the angled strut (1" diameter / 2) helps to clear the strut.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
according to @vince ... he has fronts 17 x 8 w/ et 20 and no spacers. haven't personally seen it, but he says no rubbing. he has 9" rears - tight but no rubbing

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
And I am running 205/60 r15s on my car now. Carl Nelson springs; rolled fenders.

E3-3.0Si

Reaction score
I have a quick question on this point made under the 16” wheel section:

‘BBS Mahle
16" diameter / 7" width / et 11
<< Note - longer studs or longer lugs are required on e9 coupes due to thicker mounting surfaces of the BBS Mahle wheels >>
ARP 100-7715 - can be purchased from SummitRacing.com’

I’ve just googled these ARP parts and it seems they’re listed as Lexus fitment - is it by coincidence that they also fit an E3/9 hub?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a quick question on this point made under the 16” wheel section:

I’ve just googled these ARP parts and it seems they’re listed as Lexus fitment - is it by coincidence that they also fit an E3/9 hub?

The key is that you want M12x1.5. I think that the splined shoulder on wheel studs is for the most part, consistent across all metric studs. One of those part that you pick the diameter and the length and you should be good to go. Find the stud online and check the length of the shoulder to ensure that it won't under engage the flange. Likewise, make sure the shouldn't isn't sticking out too far. The dimensions should be listed. I'll try to take a measurement of the studs on my spare axle. Gimme an evening or so.

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Guys.
Where should the color change on this wheel? Is there any measure? on the round edge?
Captura de pantalla 2020-11-26 a la(s) 4.13.10 p. m..png

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@rsporsche My 2800cs had Alpina looking wheels when I bought them (still does) but I'm not sure if they are real Alpinas. They have BMW stamped near the lugs but no Alpina stamp. Here are some pics - any thoughts?

alpina1.jpg
alpina2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.