Will have to start somewhere

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Do allot of people leave them off? I just don't recall seeing them on other coupes, of course I have not seen that many but as long as they're not broken I'm putting them back on :)

Thanks

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
still finishing up

I thought I would post a picture of the interior now that it's almost done. 2 things, the seats and they are comfy:) and I had the hole for the 3rd speaker on the rear deck-lid, I made a cover piece and thought something special should go over it- picture is very poor and yes,I know- wash the windows!

Attachments

• interior1.jpg
    interior1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 309
  • decklid1.jpg
    decklid1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 336

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Seats look excellent, did you raise the fronts to support your legs? Stevehose has a project thread about doing this.

Where does one find a CS Registry badge? May want to take a pic from inside the car of the cover, the glare from the flash makes it hard to see what you did. :D

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I know, I know....

I keep saying she's done but she's really almost there. With the help of some friends we managed to get all the electrics sorted out and I'm left with a very short list and I need some help with a couple of things. I am going to do a photo shoot later this week and post it here before I bring her up to the storage building at the ranch. It will get driven occasionally until I decide what to do with her but I need to get her titled and registered down here in Texas.

Issue 1:
On the fan assembly I remember when I took it off there was a piece about 1/4 in. thick, some kind of spacer that was in pieces, when I put it back together I just left that out but I am getting some noise from there- does anyone have a diagram of the fan and pulley assembly? The belts line up correctly, just not sure what I did wrong.

Issue 2:
We tried the original AM/FM Cassette but it was a no go, think it might have gotten wet a long time ago. We put in the Retro-Sound unit and it is really cool but the Hirshmann will not go up. Has anyone rebuilt theirs? and if so can they offer some advice before I take it apart and break something permanently.

Thanks-

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have rebuilt 2, it depends on what is wrong with it, is the motor spinning but no movement on the mast or is it dead?

. We put in the Retro-Sound unit and it is really cool but the Hirshmann will not go up. Has anyone rebuilt theirs? and if so can they offer some advice before I take it apart and break something permanently.

Thanks-

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Shots before being detailed

So, almost done... The glove box was cleaned with soap and warm water on the inside. The other shots are just some detail but hopefully will look better with a couple of hours of elbow grease. I did swap in a set of Webers for the Zeniths but I'll probably get the Zeniths completely rebuilt and put them back on. The air conditioner is completely locked up- bummer so I'll have to try to find another.

Took her for a ride yesterday and wow is she comfortable and peppy! Much faster than the 3.0 (thus the 3.5 Megasquirt, bla, bla,bla that's going in to the blue coupe)

Attachments

• gloveboxcleaned.jpg
    gloveboxcleaned.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 378
  • side trim.jpg
    side trim.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 321
  • console1.jpg
    console1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 339
  • headlamps.jpg
    headlamps.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 343
  • hoodlatch.jpg
    hoodlatch.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 357
  • rear trim.jpg
    rear trim.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 317
  • first drive-no leaks.jpg
    first drive-no leaks.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 370
  • patina.jpg
    patina.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 323
  • nothingnew2.jpg
    nothingnew2.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 326
  • nothing new.jpg
    nothing new.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 353

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A little more

Just the rest of what I took yesterday

Attachments

• interior2.jpg
    interior2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 317
  • reardeck.jpg
    reardeck.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 317
  • moreseats.jpg
    moreseats.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 320
  • trimshot.jpg
    trimshot.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 323
  • retrosound1.jpg
    retrosound1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 334

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hey Peter - looking good.

On the fan assembly in my car, there is a "shim" that goes on the bolt that holds the fan clutch in place. Its part number 8 in this picture:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=3436-USA---E9-BMW-3.0CS&diagId=11_2449

As to A/C, I have a compressor that I just removed from my car. I'm going to a Sanden, so you are welcome to this if it is what you are seeking. Also, a guy locally claims to have a NOS condenser for our cars; he offered it to me but I had already purchased a newer larger one.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Peter,

you've done all of this amazing work on this coupe ... you still have the VSR tag on the key ... after a year and a half?

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
out on the town- sort of

Thanks for the comments gentlemen. I had to take her for a ride today, she is wonderful, drives like a new car, makes me want to re rebuild the blue one-already in the planning stages. I have some outdoor shots and she's all stock with the exception of the radio, carbs, (temporary), CN springs and rear shock reinforcements - I send a big thanks to Mario as well :)

Attachments

• stock2800-2.jpg
    stock2800-2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 334
  • stock2800-1.jpg
    stock2800-1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 333
  • stock2800-3.jpg
    stock2800-3.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 342
  • stock2800-4.jpg
    stock2800-4.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 344
  • stock2800-5.jpg
    stock2800-5.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 346

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No turning back:

Once again, thanks to you all for your help and support with my little Hamleta. She is off to her new home up north. Could not have done it without you all!

Peter
going home.jpg
going home.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You did a great job on this coupe Peter ... Job very well done. And you brought us along for the journey.