WOW?!

atan888

Reaction score
Someday you will find the right car and just make sure dont let the opportunity pass you by. My moto is "I keep the best and sell the rest." GL with your search :D

atan888

Reaction score
Someday you will find the right car and just make sure dont let the opportunity pass you by. My moto is "I keep the best and sell the rest." GL with your search :D

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That one is about 10 minutes from me.

If someone is serious - I can (maybe) take a look over the weekend for someone.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is that the Master Cylinder hanging next to the expansion tank? What is attached to the driver's strut mount? Did it get the e24 brake set up that has a brake bomb instead of the booster?

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looked at car today.....
PM if interested in details.

But to answer the above questions....

HB Chris said:
Is that the Master Cylinder hanging next to the expansion tank?
No - it looked to be part of the plumbing carried over from the engine swap. The brake master is lower (can't see it in the pics)
HB Chris said:
What is attached to the driver's strut mount?
Electrical relays and associated wiring
HB Chris said:
Did it get the e24 brake set up that has a brake bomb instead of the booster?
Yes

acat2002

Reaction score
either this car is badly rusted or the market really sucks right now. I suspect maybe a little of both.

I'd have bought this car just to have a spare coupe to drive in the rain at this price.

Good starter E9 for someone who want to actually enjoy tooling around town rather than sweating parking lot dings. I even like the Nevada color.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I looked at this car.

Considering I just bought Tony's (velocewest's) car last fall for not that much more in terms of real $$'s (all things considered) - this sale price here was very strong for what I consider to be a challenged car.

While the drive train was interesting - there was little else in the package to warrant much excitement on my part (this comes from 25 years of BMW ownership - I have had my 2002 since 1983).

This was too bad actually - I was looking forward to seeing a car that, although it might have had some issues, could be a good foundation to work from for someone here. :cry:

For me, this auction was an example of how expectations built from looking only at pictures (and reading descriptions) comes back to reality when you see the item in person. I am NOT saying the seller was hiding anything or such- it is just the nature of things. The seller was very up front about everything. It just took seeing the car in person to put it all together.

Good luck to the buyer -

acat2002

Reaction score
lip277 said:
I looked at this car.

Considering I just bought Tony's (velocewest's) car last fall for not that much more in terms of real $$'s (all things considered) - this sale price here was very strong for what I consider to be a challenged car.

While the drive train was interesting - there was little else in the package to warrant much excitement on my part (this comes from 25 years of BMW ownership - I have had my 2002 since 1983).

This was too bad actually - I was looking forward to seeing a car that, although it might have had some issues, could be a good foundation to work from for someone here. :cry:

For me, this auction was an example of how expectations built from looking only at pictures (and reading descriptions) comes back to reality when you see the item in person. I am NOT saying the seller was hiding anything or such- it is just the nature of things. The seller was very up front about everything. It just took seeing the car in person to put it all together.

Good luck to the buyer -

Thanks for the synopsis! very diplomatic, yet candid - thanks!

I looked at a similar Euro E9 csi in Connecticut a few years ago with very similar results. Seller was up front, but the pictures definately don't show all the hair. I was hoping for a nice space euro motor and euro trim bits, but couldn't even justify paying a few thousand even for parts.

Too bad about the Seattle car, I hope the new owner knows what they bought and enjoys driving it for a while (if that's possible). Hey, he/she could probably hock the knock-off Alpina wheels for $1,000-$1,500 and be into the car for roughly $5k. Not bad for a beater/driver. Better than a 150k mile Toyota Camry for roughly the same cost for daily transportation.