WOW?!

CSfan

Reaction score
OCCoupe said:
Wow, I tried helping csfan with a car I flew up to see in Oregon. I introduced him to the seller and gave him my .02 cents and this is what we get? I don't think I gave him the impression that I had any oral talents with my mouth; but I think it is fare to say that he is calling the kettle black.

I've had some less than desirable experiences with one or two members in the past; but when it comes to needing help everyone who has help to offer jumps right in with tons of much appreciated support and I've never had bad advise.

Cheers!
OCCoupe, now known as OCCoupe-CS

You were a big help! THANKS. but as my memory serves me correctly. You had the same problem with the first CS you found regarding the sellers obtuse attitude?

CSfan

Reaction score
OCCoupe said:
Wow, I tried helping csfan with a car I flew up to see in Oregon. I introduced him to the seller and gave him my .02 cents and this is what we get? I don't think I gave him the impression that I had any oral talents with my mouth; but I think it is fare to say that he is calling the kettle black.

I've had some less than desirable experiences with one or two members in the past; but when it comes to needing help everyone who has help to offer jumps right in with tons of much appreciated support and I've never had bad advise.

Cheers!

You were a big help! THANKS. but as my memory serves me correctly. You had the same problem with the first CS you found regarding the sellers obtuse attitude?

CSfan

Reaction score
RonP said:
Maybe the problem is you!?!?! You should possibly re-think wanting a CS. Every one I know that owns an e9 are the best people I know. Here is a list of the e9 owners that I am friends with:

1. Paul Cain
2. Tom Rakestraw
3. Mike Pelly
4. Murray Fowler
5. Carl Nelson
6. Mitch Brookhyser
7. Michael Burger
8. Terry Connors
9. Chris Macha
10. Chris Provo

Just to name a few. All of these guys have helped me in some way with my coupe in one way or another. Maybe you should go back to the Porsche group where you are more comfortable in you surroundings. Oh, and by the way, none of these aforementioned people are cocksuckers.

I don't know the complete list but to have them in the same company as Carl Nelson and Murray Fowler. I am more then sure they are gent's and scholars!! Oh by the way? Did you sell your 100K CS yet?

CSfan

Reaction score
RonP said:
Maybe the problem is you!?!?! You should possibly re-think wanting a CS. Every one I know that owns an e9 are the best people I know. Here is a list of the e9 owners that I am friends with:

1. Paul Cain
2. Tom Rakestraw
3. Mike Pelly
4. Murray Fowler
5. Carl Nelson
6. Mitch Brookhyser
7. Michael Burger
8. Terry Connors
9. Chris Macha
10. Chris Provo

Just to name a few. All of these guys have helped me in some way with my coupe in one way or another. Maybe you should go back to the Porsche group where you are more comfortable in you surroundings. Oh, and by the way, none of these aforementioned people are cocksuckers.

I don't know the complete list but to have them in the same company as Carl Nelson and Murray Fowler. I am more then sure they are gent's and scholars!! Oh by the way? Did you sell your 100K CS yet?

CSfan

Reaction score
acat2002 said:
CSfan said:
Again, please don't take it personal just exercising my freedom of speech in which I am preserving everyday on duty!!!

Pulling out the "I'm serving our country card" does not give you a license to incite trouble and act like an ignorant dick.

Okay, now that we got that over with, I usually agree with people on this board who get fired up over ridiculous asking prices. I simply don't understand how you can paint an entire group of owners with the same brush? So one hopeful dreamer on CL is trying to sell his average coupe for $55k?.......so what?....no big deal, let him dream!

On the flip side, do you expect someone in the E9 community, or on this board to give you an E9 for free because your serving in the military? Listen, I'm going to let you in on a well-known concept.......cars and hobbies cost money! This is not the snowboard/surf/motorcycle community where somebody will take pity on you and give you some free equipment ("bro-form" style). especially since you've probably alienated yourself from most people here.

Not expecting a "free lunch" but within reason of price. But very well put on your end!

CSfan

Reaction score
acat2002 said:
CSfan said:
Again, please don't take it personal just exercising my freedom of speech in which I am preserving everyday on duty!!!

Pulling out the "I'm serving our country card" does not give you a license to incite trouble and act like an ignorant dick.

Okay, now that we got that over with, I usually agree with people on this board who get fired up over ridiculous asking prices. I simply don't understand how you can paint an entire group of owners with the same brush? So one hopeful dreamer on CL is trying to sell his average coupe for $55k?.......so what?....no big deal, let him dream!

On the flip side, do you expect someone in the E9 community, or on this board to give you an E9 for free because your serving in the military? Listen, I'm going to let you in on a well-known concept.......cars and hobbies cost money! This is not the snowboard/surf/motorcycle community where somebody will take pity on you and give you some free equipment ("bro-form" style). especially since you've probably alienated yourself from most people here.

Not expecting a "free lunch" but within reason of price. But very well put on your end!

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
PJ! Your a gentlemen and a scholar!

you crack me up man!

You guys have way to much CLASS for me! That's the honest to GOD truth. Sorry If I offended anyone.

OCCoupe wrote:

Cheers!

and others...

Csfan, I can't tell if you are being sincere or cynical. As for the Coupe I tried to help you with, the seller was not the problem, I just found a better car. I don't recall the seller having any sort of attitude other than a good one, he was a really nice guy.

Mike

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score

you crack me up man!

You guys have way to much CLASS for me! That's the honest to GOD truth. Sorry If I offended anyone.

OCCoupe wrote:

Cheers!

and others...

Csfan, I can't tell if you are being sincere or cynical. As for the Coupe I tried to help you with, the seller was not the problem, I just found a better car. I don't recall the seller having any sort of attitude other than a good one, he was a really nice guy.

Mike

CSfan

Reaction score
OCCoupe said:

you crack me up man!

OCCoupe wrote:

Cheers!

and others...

Mike

correction on my part then. THANKS!

CSfan

Reaction score
OCCoupe said:

you crack me up man!

OCCoupe wrote:

Cheers!

and others...

Mike

correction on my part then. THANKS!

jhjacobs

Reaction score
CSfan,

If you are in the market for a coupe they are continually popping up in all price ranges. They are worth precisely what the highest bidder is willing to pay.

As for me, I could afford a $55K coupe if that is what I wanted but there is another strategy here, the one which my son and I followed. He purchased a coupe for $8500; it could argued that he got ripped off. It needed lots of work. He spent two years at it and gave up and then gave me the car as a gift. I've spent 4 years working on it and now with lots of grinding, welding, and many new and used parts it is starting to look respectable. While a $55K coupe would be nice, I think I like mine better because I can drive it without fear and there is a bit of me and my son in it (and probably parts and advice from 25 or more CSers from this board).

I'm not saying that you should raise a good son and have him give you a coupe (although it isn't a bad idea), I'm saying buy one at a reasonable price and restore it to a level that makes you happy to see it each day. The process or restoration is a fact of life unless you have money to burn on a perfect coupe. You could even go the route that Malc chose and build one from scratch! Between me and my son we are probably in for about $25K and I'll bet I can could get a cool $12K for it. However, it is not for sale at any price.

Now, the fine people of the C...S... community are an invaluable resource. I have carbs from Virginia, trim bits from Germany, dash panels from Belgium, fog light from Australia, and the coolest grill badge in the world from Austria, and so on. Combine this with the free advice and documentation freely offered to and from pros and amateurs here on the board and it adds up to nothing less than magic. On top of this I have had the good fortune to meet many of these people in person and there isn't a single bad egg in the lot. Personally I hope to meet as many CSers as I can before I am no longer able.

So, go out and buy a coupe at a price that you can deal with. If one is priced too high just walk away and look at the next one. You too can become a C...S...er like the rest of us.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
CSfan,

If you are in the market for a coupe they are continually popping up in all price ranges. They are worth precisely what the highest bidder is willing to pay.

As for me, I could afford a $55K coupe if that is what I wanted but there is another strategy here, the one which my son and I followed. He purchased a coupe for $8500; it could argued that he got ripped off. It needed lots of work. He spent two years at it and gave up and then gave me the car as a gift. I've spent 4 years working on it and now with lots of grinding, welding, and many new and used parts it is starting to look respectable. While a $55K coupe would be nice, I think I like mine better because I can drive it without fear and there is a bit of me and my son in it (and probably parts and advice from 25 or more CSers from this board).

I'm not saying that you should raise a good son and have him give you a coupe (although it isn't a bad idea), I'm saying buy one at a reasonable price and restore it to a level that makes you happy to see it each day. The process or restoration is a fact of life unless you have money to burn on a perfect coupe. You could even go the route that Malc chose and build one from scratch! Between me and my son we are probably in for about $25K and I'll bet I can could get a cool $12K for it. However, it is not for sale at any price.

Now, the fine people of the C...S... community are an invaluable resource. I have carbs from Virginia, trim bits from Germany, dash panels from Belgium, fog light from Australia, and the coolest grill badge in the world from Austria, and so on. Combine this with the free advice and documentation freely offered to and from pros and amateurs here on the board and it adds up to nothing less than magic. On top of this I have had the good fortune to meet many of these people in person and there isn't a single bad egg in the lot. Personally I hope to meet as many CSers as I can before I am no longer able.

So, go out and buy a coupe at a price that you can deal with. If one is priced too high just walk away and look at the next one. You too can become a C...S...er like the rest of us.

G

Reaction score
pj said:
Ron , I notice you didn't include TJ , so does that make him a cocksucker :lol:
Cs fan talked to me about my coupe , I wonder if i suck cocks too :(

jhjacobs said:
CSfan,

You too can become a C...S...er like the rest of us.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I almost fell off my chair reading these 2 posts. you guys are hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

Reaction score
pj said:

jhjacobs said:
CSfan,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I almost fell off my chair reading these 2 posts. you guys are hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol:

CSfan

Reaction score
G said:
pj said:

jhjacobs said:
CSfan,

Me TOO! good to laugh! :lol:

CSfan

Reaction score
G said:
pj said:

jhjacobs said:
CSfan,

Me TOO! good to laugh! :lol:

CSfan

Reaction score
jhjacobs said:
CSfan,

Thanks for the kinds words. I appreciate your time and write up

CSfan

Reaction score
jhjacobs said:
CSfan,

Thanks for the kinds words. I appreciate your time and write up