What did you do to your E9 today?

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I removed the REALLY OLD sunroof seals (have been there since before 1987), then removed all the old yellow adhesive used for installation (original??). Cleaned everything up and installed the new front section, using Wurth rubber glue. Closed the roof and it looks good, except that the right front of the sunroof itself is about 1/16" proud of the car's roof and the left front is about 1/8" low. Of course it was like this before the new seal, but the old seal had been 'ground off' by someone buffing the top, so it wasn't as noticeable. So, before I install the rear seal, I'll take out the sunroof headliner and adjust the front to be equal to the car's roof and uniform. Then, the job of installing the rear seal.

Any 'tips' on getting the adhesive on correctly and the seal installed correctly will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What I've done for rear sunroof seals is use blue painter's tape to get it positioned correctly, then the tape acts as a hinge so glue can be applied.

Have used blue tape on the front seal as well to position the seal for height.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
"idont need no stinkin badges"

cities we had shows in germany

Attachments

• badges.jpg
    badges.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 192

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This came on one of Mike's coupes, 1972 Munich Olympics. We will put it on the 2800.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 206

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have a stuttgart badge ... probably more appropriate for a porsche

Attachments

• stuttgart.jpg
    stuttgart.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 157

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wrestled the wiring harness back in to the car today. I still have a little tidying up to do but its in and I'm happy with the way it looks.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The wiring harness sounds tough but I have you beat

Spent an hour and a half teaching my 16 yr. old daughter, who's about to get her license, how to drive on the freeway.

I don't remember it being that difficult but maybe I should ask my mum.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
The wiring harness sounds tough but I have you beat

Spent an hour and a half teaching my 16 yr. old daughter, who's about to get her license, how to drive on the freeway.

I don't remember it being that difficult but maybe I should ask my mum.

I would have happily traded places with you.

scottd

Reaction score
I let me daughter follow along in my coupe - behind my friend's '53 Chevy pickup. She really enjoys it. Also had to replace a brake light bulb.

Scott

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 220

coupedownunder

Reaction score
I had my steering box and power steering pump replaced on my 74 CSi...big job to get the box out.. required the engine to be lifted, strength and some skinned knuckles for my mechanic.. thankfully the E3 box /pump/etc ( from my wreck) fit the E9. Also ZF still make the replacement seals to recondition them
Steering is lighter , more precise, and returns to centre.(previously had adjusted it to take out heaps of play, but then it didnt want to centre property!)

The guy who did the reconditioning said that you cant do much to rebuild these boxes once the treads are badly worn..

cost me approx $A1000 ,with labour, but steers now like it should ..:D

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have done nothing to my E9 today, or any day in the last month for that matter. :(

Recovering from hernia surgery, I'm not allowed to lift more than 20 pounds. Severely limits my wrenching abilities. So I'm living vicariously through all of your posts. Can't wait to get back to it!

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I got a little play time in with the Coupé for my birthday. Installed the upper firewall instulation and cleaned up the bell housing.

Last edited:

Simufly

Reaction score
Health and safety.

I got a little play time in with the Coupé for my birthday. Installed the upper firewall installation and cleaned up the bell housing.

Not sure it's a good idea to work on the car in flip flops though. Even a dropped screwdriver can be very painful!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
took the Great White off the lift to swap the wheels.
Sending the Alpina's to VSR for refurb and new rubber.

Hung more car art in the garage.

Thank god for the heater!