What did you do to your E9 today?

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
It's really been oppressive out here. I mean the ground is wet right now. It's California! We're supposed to have bottled water.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
It was predicted to be a nice day so I met a couple of guys for breakfast and hit the local Cars and Coffee (in Boulder CO).

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i bought mine some new bumper jewelry ... very similar to deQ's and Stevhose's lights

s-l1600.jpg

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, not just today, but this past week I removed the four window regulators, replaced all four motors with e28 motors, cleaned all the tracks for the window movement, oiled all the pivot points for the regulators and applied new SuperLube grease to all the tracks.

WOWEE! These windows traversed up or down in 17-21 seconds when I bought the car last May. Yesterday afternoon, three traversed in 5-6 seconds (on battery only, engine not running), and the right rear in 6-7 seconds. Interestingly, that e28 motor took about 2 seconds longer to do 10 revolutions when bench tested (7 seconds vs 5 seconds for the other three), so I'm still satisfied with it.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i took the shift console apart, removed the vinyl and recovered it in black leather.

Attachments

• e9 shift console.jpg
    e9 shift console.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 168
  • e9 shift console 2.jpg
    e9 shift console 2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 164

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Final Amelia Island prep. Retorque cylinder head, valve adjust, oil change, new battery, torque and retorque lug nuts, tightened all fuel lines to the side drafts, synched carbs and set idle mixture, and overall pre-flight check. Full tank of gas and now ready to be East bound and down.

And of course, finished re-painting the wheels on the kitchen table ;)
BT_3_YEJWgw-r_i2ouMhheqs9MKGf5ad_gFAdBNJcdzcZpXMN2pP08ZOYlpmIivWIvb59pMsn7EV05ga-sfw2Ac0UlsZDROlihNfNqxXqpvTypuEotiSCY9eGJu1v65kkhcdsiHvAh-zz7GlXswjeqhJpUImUdNkXwYym5qW6xmFlqg5LDx0opxwK4tiQFH0AQ1EFzl4-45iacUBmAUM6PXi66usZk231Iku3GSXIdW6YuIfaMHFsZY4-anniCexnq41li5HRjnyxBk-3u2UTo2JJLgANX4Yp53s84cSx7rs1pG97mSI2PGx5nH3uCp8KwRh5KZl9CslJhK8RMWkjkzSwaLZoqe5ns-V6UEKnV-4L9elWdxOVKioJ2EvxDmB4jn-hDxz7IAAagkZL0--8nmjn6KQmGvaLrk-2Dy3WekVBqEg5Xo4d98KpYQtSJ1-TfFY34tXSWo-FYEcuVUhyZYmU9yDPgdCSJWGbjjizls5ByCoWg8v4SnO6OyFYMSIyZkAio08cNZUIGrEe4L8pgKk0Vwa31PSCp0g4ycaE0GI_SqOLJPKJGtVaWHgkyanBkWq=w879-h659-no

mlsD1v77BFzAQ10n62KBfHJq_ojRqIDc-Hs3xGvpp9Y_wgf-6Ak6nv8pDzOoliqeuACjWS92layPQkvCQYSGqoNjJAWPBEsYENTKXq1yHsCisFNXZkGXAJozwtRNm9y096aP64xJ-vvh93A8i7WrZVsWWAbQRxYmnbxJsIohUyXRFHZNwoJdNYfYWqQWA5_DVQDy9rBl880HACQs7KQ8Xmf1Etaw6s5PNGxQNiMwnw6GGv57UjDn7PCz0may1qpIm4AlUdI7peTXULopQ5kWtX3kcm59xLA02gzoff3bOfbYph9x-OSaNrllnO0aR0cMRjg1FJes3rb00FQKH-1tCJqrYU4ci7xvS5uxsJQvdzquVQv3CFlkcNt1CGb_RydkfbYe9LVFrU_1C-RfewUbcrpl-dr8bWnMAzAUt0Tlm7qHxDqJtwgtQuJNnZXVGoXZOAwZJbPRlce0YitdmQBGMYtpgx2sM-0ABNYFgKDI88x2rEmfLD_ppwfIBoVNb5CYvVlFAzYmGKzB4uTTmBlYYcEFw7rPMI8yTFrxkWWDSpQnyHaDk9OJfQZeCRIbLtw2arBR=w879-h659-no

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wurth silver and clear, Rustoleum black satin for the centers which goes on and looks great but requires patience to work with, you need to either clear coat within an hour or wait longer than the 48 hours they suggest. If not it will wrinkle. I painted centers first after masking off the spokes. Then I cut pieces to fit the centers and masked them and tires then did the spokes. Took all week. Also filled dings with JB Weld. A repaint like this needs 2 cans of silver and clear for 4 wheels. Double that if starting from scratch.

The Wurth stuff goes on great, a nice fine mist and no runs. I have a lazy susan and a box fan in the basement window to draw the fumes to outside and dry ac air in from upstairs. The old ping pong table that nobody uses anymore-makes the perfect paint bench :smile:

Steve,

those wheels look great, so what type of paint did you use?

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
E9...2day...

Well,
In chasing the intermittent no start situation, I shined up the previously no problem battery ground strap. Wire wheel, scotch brite pad, and so on. Bolted strap back on car, fitted strap to battery. 10/10 starts...no more click...try again..then start. Feeling good! :) Mike

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I removed all of the grey wool carpet in the interior, except the tunnel. Will remove the console today and get that removed, so someone here on e9 forum can have excellent quality GREY carpet for their restoration. (See 'parts' forum for further info).

Last edited: