The end is near....SCOTTeVEST's Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
what did the front bumper mount slots end up looking like? Stock or removable panels

I think the video shows this, but I'm heading down there again today and will take some super hi-res images of everything and focus on this. I will tell Benny re belt line trim issues here re window out, etc.

Thanks all. Tell me if you want pictures of something specific.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
FYI: just talked to Benny, and he is starting to get a little scared about the belt trim based upon the information. Looks like I won't be on the road by May 15. Such is life.... Will have another video and more pictures shortly.

Dohn

Reaction score
Scott, I know it's disappointing, but you'll have years to enjoy your beautifully refreshed coupe.

As they say, sin in haste, repent at leisure...

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott, I know it's disappointing, but you'll have years to enjoy your beautifully refreshed coupe.

As they say, sin in haste, repent at leisure...
I agree and I am willing to wait to get it right. By the way, as soon as my car leaves another coupe takes its place. Someone saw my coupe in there and wants to have theirs done.
Just took a whole bunch of pictures and will upload including videos of the vehicle getting painted

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree and I am willing to wait to get it right. By the way, as soon as my car leaves another coupe takes its place. Someone saw my coupe in there and wants to have theirs done.
Just took a whole bunch of pictures and will upload including videos of the vehicle getting painted

Is benny giving you the “new business acquisition” discount?

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
So, just got back. Here's a short (1:15) video of me showing how the bumpers will be attached and a very quick walk around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7vl_C-ODXM
Also, as soon as Benny finishes my Coupe, another 74 Coupe owned by Nelson Bowers in Chattanooga Tennessee will have his done. Not sure if he is a member on this forum or not. I wonder if Benny will be doing the bumper conversion.

Here he is: http://www.bowersag.com/dealership/staff.htm "Mr. Bowers is currently a principal in Presidio Strategies, LLC a San Francisco-based investment banking firm specializing in advisory services to auto dealers. In addition, Bowers continues to own and operate successful automobile dealerships and collision centers in the greater Chattanooga, TN, Cleveland, TN, and Valdosta, GA areas. He is also an active venture capitalist and investor in a variety of business opportunities. Bowers was also involved with the NASCAR scene for many years. He was one of three owners that formed MB2 Motorsports in 1996 and sold his interest in 2006."

Amazing that he owns collisions shops but is shipping his car to Benny to paint. Says something... Who's next.

Lastly, I took a bunch of hi-res images and uploading to this Flickr album. Note that this includes some of the images taken yesterday with my iPhone X, but now also includes DSLR images, some with wide lens. There are LOTS here.

You can see how he is doing the front bumper here: https://flic.kr/p/25GKhzA

607A1211.jpg
Screenshot 2018-05-03 14.50.37.png

Thoughts?

Benny gave me a bunch of GO PRO videos showing him painting, and added them below. BORING< but thought I'd add them anyway since I have them.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
So here’s an oddball question that I had not considered and is not time sensitive but wondering if I should attend the mirrors at all? I hadn’t thought about it but someone suggested a 50% mirror which would complement the BBS wheels and stay in theme with black and silver. I kind of like that. Here’s the discussion on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/SCOTTeVESTceo/posts/10211132327530938
https://www.facebook.com/SCOTTeVESTceo/posts/10211132327530938

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott,

Why listen to everyone’s suggestions? Enough is enough sometimes.

I agree that sometimes enough is enough but if someone offers an opinion and it makes sense then it’s worth considering. If you don’t want to offer a suggestion that’s cool. I think tinting the windows could possibly improve the look of the car. That’s all. Thanks

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
For the record, my wife is adamant not to tint the windows. She thinks the car looks like a flying saucer from the future and it is a major element of being able to completely see-through the vehicle at all times. I tend to agree but think that a slightly mirrored look would look cool because the other colors are silver and black and it would carry it through.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I wasn’t trying to be critical. As to tinting, if you ride a road bike you hate people with dark tint, you can’t see their face and don’t know if they see you, it’s a safety thing. And illegal in CA but everyone ignores that.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wasn’t trying to be critical. As to tinting, if you ride a road bike you hate people with dark tint, you can’t see their face and don’t know if they see you, it’s a safety thing. And illegal in CA but everyone ignores that.
I never thought of it as a safety issue. I just wanted to look really cool and consider the car a bit of a canvas and this is a major part of the canvas to do something with. I do want to stay close to original look but not necessarily at all lanes. I’m not worried about the safety issue as much as I am concerned how it will impact the looks of the vehicle.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
The safety issue affects others, e.g. bicyclists.

To be quite honest I don’t really care about that at all. Not one bit. Whether the occasional bicyclist on a highway has a problem with slightly tinted windows is meaningless to me. Does that make me a bad person?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with tint if it's not TOO dark (night time hard to see out of) . Try it.

Easy to remove .

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score

I’ve been hit twice (while cycling) due to people not seeing me. Fortunately nothing 25 stitches wouldn’t fix ( motorists fled the scene). Both times they should’ve seen me thru their side window but didn’t.

The problem isn’t in bright sunshine but early evening/morning when the tint really cuts down in visibility.

But to be honest with you I think cellphones are a much bigger problem today.

None were vintage BMW’s (Toyota sedans).

Last edited:

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve been hit twice (while cycling) due to people not seeing me. Fortunately nothing 25 stitches wouldn’t fix ( motorists fled the scene). Both times they should’ve seen me thru their side window but didn’t.

The problem isn’t in bright sunshine but early evening/morning when the tint really cuts down in visibility.

But to be honest with you I think cellphones are a much bigger problem today.
it is my understanding that 50% mirror tinting would NOT impact MY ability to see out. Agreed re cellphones. Sorry about your situation. That sucks.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
To be quite honest I don’t really care about that at all. Not one bit. Whether the occasional bicyclist on a highway has a problem with slightly tinted windows is meaningless to me. Does that make me a bad person?

I think we all need to be concerned for other’s safety including our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.