What did you do to your E9 today?

shanon

Reaction score
Just installed literally the 'missing link'....holy mother of god!

Was fun drifting around the 'hood until the rain said to park it ;)

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
834FA41F-0F55-4B1C-8548-460B528C5EC0.jpeg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Trying to get another year or so out of my aging and haggard exhaust system so while beginning my engine project and pulling this off, I sanded, brushed and washed the old pipes, filled a small weld hole with JB Weld then painted with POR-15 high temp silver manifold paint. Stuff is amazing.

AE3DEE7D-7A42-4ACB-A589-3D737251EEE9.jpeg

D35A551B-D751-4276-8F58-CAFCD51E1FE0.jpeg

0D75FA49-6055-4D22-8852-16EE51F398BE.jpeg

A54A2DB3-29DB-4F1E-B245-542634E1793B.jpeg

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve,

I painted my exhaust system with a product hi temp product called 'Silver Bullet' (as I recall the name from 6 years ago - on further reflection, I think it was 'Rust Bullet'!). Looked just like yours when i got done. After installing and starting the engine , there was a lot of smoke from the downpipes, and the paint on them turned golden. Remainder of the system from the mid-muffler on back stayed silver over the remaining 4 years. Be prepared during early runs for the 'surprise' from the downpipes.

Gary

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good info. This is the same product, in a different color, that I used on my and a friend's exhaust manifold and it has held up nicely, hopefully this will do same. It is quite thick, I brushed it on. Anything is better than it was!

Steve,

I painted my exhaust system with a product hi temp product called 'Silver Bullet' (as I recall the name from 6 years ago). looked just like yours when i got done. After installing and starting the engine , there was a lot of smoke from the downpipes, and the paint on them turned golden. Remainder of the system from the mid-muffler on back stayed silver over the remaining 4 years. Be prepared during early runs for the 'surprise' from the downpipes.

Gary

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good info. This is the same product, in a different color, that I used on my and a friend's exhaust manifold and it has held up nicely, hopefully this will do same. It is quite thick, I brushed it on. Anything is better than it was!
I painted my exhaust system with POR15 muffler paint at least 5 years ago and it has held up very nicely!