1974 3.0 CS With M88 Engine (3.5 CSM)

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
here you see that sandwiched perforated cilinder , his flange ( just a circular edge ) is ofcourse welded under a angle to fit the exhaust route.
We added it to avoid a deep loud sound we had ... is indeed better with it.

SAM_3796.JPG

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Drove the car after a further round of engine tuning.

We’re about 80% there. Starting to run well.Thank you so much to all that offered to help, but I think after a round dyno sessions we will have it nailed down.

We found that pulling vacuum from just one cylinder made the tuning fluctuate too much. When we drilled and tapped a port that was common to all six cylinders the tuning became predictable.

Almost there.

RP

julianCS

Reaction score
Could you please share a picture from your throttle cable setup? I‘m currently looking for input/ideas for this.

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Julian, I cut this little bracket from some thin sheet metal. The final bracket is thicker aluminum and then polished.

RP

julianCS

Reaction score
Thank for the picture!

where did you attached the bracket? I‘m between 2 mounting points: engine mounting bracket or mount it on the Pedalbox to keep the links short.

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Your rims and tires look awesome. What is your configuration? Thanks!
Thanks, Howard.
The wheels are some Alpina 16" that were blasted and powdercoated. The color is not correct, it has a tint that I don't care for...too late now.
Tires: standard 16" stagger, 225/50/16 rear, 205/55/16 front.

The key to the "look" is the stance.

RP

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Julian, if the bracket wasn’t so difficult to uncover, I’d have a picture to show you.
Just atttach your bracket at a convenient mounting place.

RP

Last edited:

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
5351C760-F573-437C-BCDA-CEF9FE80CD9D.jpeg

Just doing the “two step” with this broken arm that connects the clutch pedal to the master cylinder.One step forward and two steps back.

When it breaks, you can’t press the clutch. Thankfully I was in the parking lot of my shop.

More stuff to fix.

RP