Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How about this one?
1200px-General_Electric_GE90_displayed_at_Farnborough_Air_Show_2008.jpg

Sorry, had to tap in...

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hmm... At least 15-20 post on the EXACT drivetrain options you need. Yet another example you don't use everyone's considered time and expertise to your advantage...

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
FOR GOSH SAKES TFERRER LOOKIN ON YOUR 15-20 POSTS I DONT SEE ANYTHING FROM YOU THATS
POSITIVE AND HELPING
SO PLEASE IF YOUR GOING TO POST HERE
MAKE IT SOMETHING THATS HELPFUL
THANK YOU ALAN

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Alan,
Don't you feel some responsibility to turn that lens around and look at your own reactions to the recommendations given herein? I don't think it is fair to be upset with someone for pointing out that you haven't acknowledged the COUNTLESS examples of good advice. That doesn't make their input negative. In my opinion it makes your reception of the advice negative.

Sorry man, we all wish you can find a reasonable path to success here.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
FOR GOSH SAKES TFERRER LOOKIN ON YOUR 15-20 POSTS I DONT SEE ANYTHING FROM YOU THATS
POSITIVE AND HELPING
SO PLEASE IF YOUR GOING TO POST HERE
MAKE IT SOMETHING THATS HELPFUL
THANK YOU ALAN
Why should I? You have at least 5-6 experts chiming in on exactly what to do yet you disregard everything everyone has suggested. Seriously Alan, you ask for help and then discount everyone's help. Markos actually called the seller for you yet still no acknowledgement of the time and effort spent on your behalf. I'm just telling you like it is. You're being disrespectful to all that have offered suggestions. I'll let myself out now! ;)

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Alan, I think you are beginning to or have successfully burned out the people that are trying to help you. You aren’t paying attention to what people are advising. No one likes to be second guessed and no one likes repeating themselves. This vicious cycle has been going on since 2016 and no progress has been made. I strongly suggest you go back and look at what good folks have been advising you to do. It seems like there are people pointing directly at a solution and you seem to be only half listening and pointing to something completely different. You are burning out your audience.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
ok pologize for the comments about all the advise given
its not that im ignoring all the responses. its that
i dont know which way to go. ive looked for the complete car
way , and also the motor out of the car.
ive really thought of the way to go and the cost of each direction.
"i wont ask for any more advice" as its all been noted many
times. i really appreciate all the comments and its up to me not to
figure out a direction with the available amount of funds i have to draw
upon .
again thank you very much for all your advice and comments.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
so i have my original motor out of the car and disassembled
down to the just the block and pistons.
so i may send it over to the machine shop to have it redone,
ive called them to get some pricing.
to clean it all up
id like to have that engine ready to just drop back in for the heck of it.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
so i have my original motor out of the car and disassembled
down to the just the block and pistons.
so i may send it over to the machine shop to have it redone,
ive called them to get some pricing.
to clean it all up
id like to have that engine ready to just drop back in for the heck of it.
Sounds like a good plan and a step forward.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I always love to see my title highlighted meaning someones here to
comment on my post
thanks all for your wonderful help and comments
no to MAKE EVERYONE GO CRAZY -IM GOING TO
REUSE MY ORIG ENGINE. !!
just kidding
but i have stripped it down to the bare block.
looking at it on the benches
i just wish i could get more
power from it. as it would be pleasing to me to power the unit with the
orig engine.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
DREAM DREAM---

This engine technically was never in a BMW. It was in a couple of BMW LeMans cars, but the only road car that ever featured the S70/2 was the McLaren F1. Gordon Murray, the brilliant man who designed the F1, needed an engine that had the power, throttle response and sound that he thought the F1 deserved. Paul Rosche of BMW’s M Division developed a 6.1 liter V12 producing 618hp for Murray and his F1. Most people who’ve driven the McLaren F1 say that its engine could possibly be the greatest in history. It was incredibly high-tech, using quite a bit of magnesium, twelve individual throttle butterflies for the intake and a dry-sump oil system. However, it’s the immediacy of its power delivery, the manner in which it revs to its 7,500 rpm that makes the engine so special. It’s a marvel of mechanical engineering and is not only the best BMW engine ever made, but possible the best engine ever made. Period.

ADVERTISEMENT

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
DREAM DREAM---

This engine technically was never in a BMW. It was in a couple of BMW LeMans cars, but the only road car that ever featured the S70/2 was the McLaren F1. Gordon Murray, the brilliant man who designed the F1, needed an engine that had the power, throttle response and sound that he thought the F1 deserved. Paul Rosche of BMW’s M Division developed a 6.1 liter V12 producing 618hp for Murray and his F1. Most people who’ve driven the McLaren F1 say that its engine could possibly be the greatest in history. It was incredibly high-tech, using quite a bit of magnesium, twelve individual throttle butterflies for the intake and a dry-sump oil system. However, it’s the immediacy of its power delivery, the manner in which it revs to its 7,500 rpm that makes the engine so special. It’s a marvel of mechanical engineering and is not only the best BMW engine ever made, but possible the best engine ever made. Period.

ADVERTISEMENT

Did you know that BMW put one in an X5? Here is Stuck taking it around the Ring.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
DREAM DREAM---

ADVERTISEMENT
My number one dream car. Love that thing.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bosch 0280001114 Computer ECU L-Jet BMW E24 635csi series-1 m90 Euro Market.
Just pulled from a running 1978/79 635csi e24 early series 1 with the original M90 engine and manual transmission
can i use this on a 635 engine

Last edited:

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
WHY DID BMW set the stock suspension to raise the front end the dreaded 2 inches
above level?
this is a super markos question.
fun

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Same reason that Jaguar had to mess up the headlight arrangement of the Series onee-type cars, and start producing the Series 2 model.

Now, the NHTSA has not done a thing about headlights on SUV's and Pickups that are so high they are essentially at eye level for the driver of a standard sedan (or e9), literally blinding that driver even when on low beam. UGH. Big deal to make a change in '68, now 55 years later a problem is ignored.

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bosch 0280001114 Computer ECU L-Jet BMW E24 635csi series-1 m90 Euro Market.
Just pulled from a running 1978/79 635csi e24 early series 1 with the original M90 engine and manual transmission
can i use this on a 635 engine
Pretty sure that's a no go. I have a 114 brain in my 79 635csi, and when I was first trying to get it started (it sat for ten years before I bought it), I swapped in an m30b35 brain. It started, but would not idle smoothly. The idle was very lumpy, almost like a muscle car with a big cam. So while it ran, it did not run well. I'm pretty sure going the other way would be a problem too.

Question - can you get the engine (and tranny and dif) from that car? It would be a nice setup for a coupe.