'67 2000CS resto...Papa's Church Car

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks! It is Granada, however. Cell phone pics can be tricky to show the correct hue.

Ed

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ed, you've got a beautiful coupe coming along ... keep it going ... i know we all look forward to seeing it finished. will be great to see it in person some time.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i like the granada color ... how does this compare to verona?

FAQ has a great reference of BMW colors for 2002s. Click on each color for more pics
https://www.bmw2002faq.com/colors/?d=6

Here's Granada
IMG_9476.JPG

and Verona.
IMG_9477.JPG

Ed

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
To all my friends...

With a very heavy heart I must announce my beloved father joined the Communion of Saints last Wednesday morning. I had so hoped he would see this car completed and we would tour the states over the summer. It seems The Lord had bigger and better plans for Papa. I am, and will always, miss him tremendously. He and I have been almost inseparable these last 5 years while I cared for mom and then him; so, you can imagine the empty space in my heart right now.

The car is painted and polished about 10 days ago and Mitch, knowing Papa couldn't get to the car, shot a quick video and posted so I could show it to Papa. Papa was a car nut and he LOVED this car... "I can't wait 'till we get those mirrors out on the fenders" He very much wanted to be a part of the restoration and help out. He begged me to let him pay for some of it. I told him it wasn't necessary, but as a token, I let him pay for the NOS Talbot 333 mirror I found in Germany. That made him very happy
default_smile.png

I am eternally grateful for the genuine friendship of Barney Toler over this last year. He and Papa became best of buds while we toiled away on the Coupe in Barney's shop. Papa very much enjoyed our Saturday outings to work on the car and eat fried catfish on our lunch break; but mostly, he just wanted to spend time talking with Barney and Barney always patiently obliged the old man.

I am also very blessed that many other BMW friends who met Papa were so gracious to him and welcomed him into the fold. I regret that I didn't bring him to MidAmerica02Fest last year and had hoped to rectify that this month...Papa will be there in spirit, for sure. Once I have some time to right myself, I'll get back onto reassembling the Coupe. In the meantime...if your folks are still with you, I suggest you call them today and tell them you love them. Build memories now that you can carry with you every day. If there is a burned bridge... start rebuilding it through grace, mercy, and forgiveness.

Blessings to all,

Ed Z

Cedar Park, Texas

IMG_6522.JPG

IMG_8055.JPG

IMG_8062.JPG

IMG_8786.JPG

IMG_6647.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8826.JPG
    IMG_8826.JPG
    440.3 KB · Views: 198

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ed so very sorry to hear this. Papa obviously had a zest for life that we can only hope for.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you. My dad lived with me the last 12 years of his life and we would cruise in the coupe every so often. He was a car guy but only a driver. Papa seemed very into the car. If I could be so presumptuous, I might suggest a custom bit of paint near the tail light "remembering Papa" or at least 4 PAPA as a license tag.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ed, so sorry to hear about Papa, If anything I can Do?

Thanks, brother. Right now, I'm just gathering my thoughts and cherishing his memory. I'll get to work on the CS soon enough; car work has been my therapy and this car will be especially therapeutic. Papa will be right by my side the whole way.

Ed