'73 Sienabraun 3.0CS Restomod

Marc-M

Reaction score
I have all the repair sections for the inner wing - I got them last year from WN - but I then came across new old stock complete inner wings for rhs and lhs , in fact I got the repair sections for both sides - will do a deal with you if you want them...im in Preston Lancashire and send them down next day via TNT..

Regards

Marc

nosmonkey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Boredom is a dangerous thing.

Still got a LOT of flatting and polshing to do as well as trimming the edges to get it sitting perfect, but not coming out too badly imo.

nosmonkey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bit more progress on the ducktail. About 13 hours into it now, and halfway done. Once i've finished blocking it down ill trim it and then finish it off

nosmonkey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bonnet coated in epoxy primer now

Picked up the remainder of the manifold bits from Daddywad. Omex 45mm ITBs on order

Steering wheel sticker from Pukar Designs

Got a rear wheel test fitted up aswell. No clearance issues which i'm happy with as I was a bit worried with the rear offset.

Whilst I was at it got the BBS' from my mk1 onto the daily

Boot now off the car and being stripped to bare metal. Hopefully next month I can started getting the repair panels for the inner wings

nosmonkey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Build is taking a break whilst the mk1 gets built up.

In the meantime, managed to source a complete Getrag 265 set up with only 21k on it from new, wheels are all built up. Hoping to get properly into it again come winter time

nosmonkey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Making a start on the O/S inner wing and bulkhead area, few repairs that have been done in the past visible there. Picked up a few W+N pieces from @Marc-M and @Sportster cheers guys! In need of the thick stamped strut support if anyone has one available for purchase

m_thompson

Reaction score
Make sure you have the door installed and test fit the fender before you weld it in place.

I spot welded a strip behind the but weld at the front of the fender. This held everything in place while I MIG welded the fender to the nose. My welding skills were not good enough to just but weld the fender.

nosmonkey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Make sure you have the door installed and test fit the fender before you weld it in place.

I spot welded a strip behind the but weld at the front of the fender. This held everything in place while I MIG welded the fender to the nose. My welding skills were not good enough to just but weld the fender.
That's my plan anyway, did a big buy of clecos to help out with the positioning of everything before it all gets welded in place.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Amazing how well these cars keep on going being that rusted.
Has anyone seen a coupe crack apart on the road?

Great work on the restoration!