Andrew Wilson's '73 CSi

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Love the electric heater bypass solution.
Car looks really really good. Are you trying to compete with Stan for a concour award?

John Feng

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Love the electric heater bypass solution.
Car looks really really good. Are you trying to compete with Stan for a concour award?

Thanks, if Athena wins an award I'll be very happy, yet it's not the reason for all the detailed restoration work this year. We are driving her cross country for Legends, Laguna Seca and attending Pebble as spectators.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Picked up the restored driver side carpet made from an old trunk carpet today. Made by an 85 year old master upholsterer who is retiring after he completes his current open jobs.

Received an e-mail from VSR, bumper rubber came in from Germany so bumper is being installed, fogs lights hooked up and grills installed. She'll be detailed and delivered most likely after the Amelia Island Concours March 11-13, which I am unable to attend this year.

Attachments

• Driver side carpet.jpg
    Driver side carpet.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 231

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks very nice Andrew!!! It's getting tougher and tougher to find good artisans to work on our cars. Too bad your upholsterer is retiring.

I just picked up the front and rear rubber for the over-riders and the rubber strips that go between the over-riders and the bumpers. $634.00 later!!! I am still feeling the pain of that one.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Picked up the restored driver side carpet made from an old trunk carpet today. Made by an 85 year old master upholsterer who is retiring after he completes his current open jobs.

Received an e-mail from VSR, bumper rubber came in from Germany so bumper is being installed, fogs lights hooked up and grills installed. She'll be detailed and delivered most likely after the Amelia Island Concours March 11-13, which I am unable to attend this year.
Andrew,

that came out better than i expected ... having seen the trunk carpet. glad it worked out

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Your car looks beautiful. Is that a leather covered shift knob?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Spa days are coming to an end she's been at VSR since November 9th 2015. Bumper and grills are on, waiting on seat belts from HMS Motorsports, putting in black harnesses, https://www.hmsmotorsport.com/products/autocontrol#2295 Should be home by Friday, March 18th 2016. She's undergone an incredible transformation from a nice looking E9 to an amazingly clean rust free one. I cannot praise VSR and the amazing craftsmen enough.

Attachments

• Athena VSR 3:11:15.jpg
    Athena VSR 3:11:15.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 232

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Spa days are coming to an end she's been at VSR since November 9th 2015. Bumper and grills are on, waiting on seat belts from HMS Motorsports, putting in black harnesses, https://www.hmsmotorsport.com/products/autocontrol#2295 Should be home by Friday, March 18th 2016. She's undergone an incredible transformation from a nice looking E9 to an amazingly clean rust free one. I cannot praise VSR and the amazing craftsmen enough.

And you didn't have to worry about storing her for the winter! The way this season is going you will be able to start driving next week!!

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Andrew, looks like a beautiful day in NH, when you get her back home we expect a nice photo shoot with lots of angles! She looks great!

Peter

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Andrew, looks like a beautiful day in NH, when you get her back home we expect a nice photo shoot with lots of angles! She looks great!

Peter

Will do and David Rose of Hitting Redline, BMW CCA and BMW NA will be stopping by to interview me for a piece on Athena later this year. 8)

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Talked to Mario today, he said Athena wasn't running right and did some investigation. She was re-timed, injectors removed and the screens were clean, throttle linkage is fine. Fuel pressure was really high, so they set that to spec and the car ran like crap and that lead them to the MAP sensor being faulty. They put in a known good one and the car ran as it should. My MAP sensor is on it's way to CA to be rebuilt. So Athena will not be home this week.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A little heartbreaking- I trust you have a few other "projects" to keep you busy while you wait :)

Yes I do have other projects, will be great to have her running correctly. She's had a stumble at 1800 rpm since I bought her. Hope this resolves her running issues too, so I'm willing to wait. :D

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry about the problem Andrew! I'd be interested to hear more about the rebuild if gain insights. Our CSIs rely totally on that that little gem of electro mechanical wizardry. How are they fixed when go go bad? Is attention paid to the color of dot - which we are told should match the ECU?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry about the problem Andrew! I'd be interested to hear more about the rebuild if gain insights. Our CSIs rely totally on that that little gem of electro mechanical wizardry. How are they fixed when go go bad? Is attention paid to the color of dot - which we are told should match the ECU?

Thanks, it's just a little setback, VSR is very thorough which I really appreciate. Mine's a red dot MAP & ECU. Not sure what has to be done to fix the MAP, it's going to Injection Services or something like that in CA. They have a 3 day turnaround time which is really fast.