Andrew Wilson's '73 CSi

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes I do have other projects, will be great to have her running correctly. She's had a stumble at 1800 rpm since I bought her. Hope this resolves her running issues too, so I'm willing to wait. :D

Interesting that you say that. My car, which is similar specification (and not similar at all, appearance wise) will pull fine through +- 1800 RPM when accelerating or such but doesn't really like sitting there; for example, in second gear stoplight to stoplight.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drove out to VSR to see Athena today. Wheels are all assembled with the center caps and look great. Exhaust has been media blasted and painted black and the tail pipe has a new chrome tip. While I was there the new seatbelts arrived, went with Schroth 3 point harnesses. They'll take a little getting used to. Also my new close to perfect Euro center panel arrive today from France, thank you ebay.

She'll be at VSR for about 3 more weeks while the MAP sensor is rebuilt.

Attachments

• IMG_1640.jpg
    IMG_1640.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_1641.jpg
    IMG_1641.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_1643.jpg
    IMG_1643.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 362
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 347

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Got a call from VSR today, they were in the process of putting in her new seat belts when one of the guys working on Athena found a wire in the trunk that was hot and grounding to the fender. It had been left exposed by a previous owner. :twisted: Very lucky she didn't have an electrical fire after all the KM/miles we've travelled.

Very glad no one was injured working on the car.

Once the seat belts are in then just we're just waiting on the MAP sensor to return and she'll be done! They'll put her in the trailer and deliver her home.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bought a center console a while ago from Eric Anton. Today I added a dual USB charging port that was a gift from a friend. Taking it with me to VSR, hoping they will be willing to wire up the USB and aux power supply.

Pictures of installed consoles are iconoclast's & Stan's cars.

Attachments

• IMG_1713.jpg
    IMG_1713.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_1714.jpg
    IMG_1714.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_6958.jpg
    IMG_6958.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_6941.jpg
    IMG_6941.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 372

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's mine (posted before).

Attachments

• console2.jpg
    console2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 376
  • cscocomats1.jpg
    cscocomats1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 397

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks! Maybe they'll park our two fjords next to each other at Legends and Oktoberfest.

I'll try to remember to bring you one of these...

Attachments

• SIG hat2.jpg
    SIG hat2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drove to VSR for my usual every other Wednesday trip. Athena's black Schroth seat belts are installed, sans yellow logos, and waiting on the MAP sensor. I was hoping it would be in the days deliveries, it wasn't. :sad:

Dropped off the driver side carpet, the Eric Anton center console, the Bluetooth receiver and a NOS rear center panel.

I didn't take any pictures as she looks the same as last time in the storage garage, beautiful. Each time I see her I am stunned by how much better she looks compared to July 2011.

The transformation would not be possible without the incredibly talented staff at VSR. They have gone above and beyond to make my vision of Athena a reality.

Attachments

• 480-img3.jpg
    480-img3.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_1641.jpg
    IMG_1641.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 290

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Athena aside from a detailing is done at VSR. Thinking of driving her home, depends on Mrs. Wilson's schedule and weather. April has been more like March, so far it's colder and has snowed more. :shock:

Should be back in the garage by next week, for real this time, honest.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How did the MAP sensor rebuild work out, Andrew?

Don't know yet, weather in ME & NH has been terrible with snow squalls, high winds and driving and sometimes freezing rain. April has been colder and worse than March. So there hasn't been a road test. I know Mario and Chris wanted to put some miles on her before putting her in the trailer or me driving her home.