Andrew Wilson's '73 CSi

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Athena is being road tested to make sure everything is working and running properly. Chris Langston said he thinks she's running better than ever with the rebuilt MAP sensor.

If it works out I should be picking her up Friday, April 15th and driving her home. If the pick up plan falls through, she'll be delivered by VSR.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Patience Sir, you have waited long and it will be so rewarding cruising up 95 (I'm assuming) on a bright, hopefully warm sunny day. Plus the roads up there are so beautiful I hope you have time to snap some shots along the way and share them with us. I'm sure I speak for the group when I say we're all really excited for you. Best of luck with the weather and the drive!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Word from VSR 4.14.2016 am. Athena needs idler arm bushings and they are tracking some small squeaks and rattles and road testing. Will be detailed and ready end of day tomorrow. So I'll be picking her up next week. Most likely Monday.

Let them know to take their time to make sure she's up to their high standards and truly done. VSR has already exceeded my expectations and continue to do so.

In the meantime I'm driving Vern to Andover MA Saturday for a Nor'East '02ers Spring Drive & Lunch, then off to Connecticut to visit friends and attend Caffeine and Carbs in New Canaan early Sunday.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Athena is done! Picking her up Monday the 18th. Then I will post copious pictures :smile:

Now I can be jealous of you garage AND your car!!
Good work Andrew. Enjoy. This is my year for power train.
Next year Mario will start on the body work. Give me Three years to get to where you are and I'll finally be able to do some New England E9 driving events.

John

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Now I can be jealous of you garage AND your car!!
Good work Andrew. Enjoy. This is my year for power train.
Next year Mario will start on the body work. Give me Three years to get to where you are and I'll finally be able to do some New England E9 driving events.

John

It's taken me 5 years to get her to this point, John. Do a little each year as a rolling restoration, enjoy in the summer driving do the work in the winter.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't able to pick up Athena on Monday. Just before my ride arrived I received a call from VSR that she had a sticking caliper and still needed to be detailed.

Rainy Tuesday and have several people coming to the house.

Plan is to head to VSR Wednesday at 9 am. Go over the car, adjust the seat belts/3 point harnesses, make sure the radio and my accessory plug in the glove box work.

Take a bunch of pictures of my beautifully restored coupe.

Settle my bill drive home, then clean off the bugs once I get home.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Andrew, I hate to be a pest, but I think some really detailed pictures of the interior, how everything fits together, some engine and wiring shots, how the seat belt system is mounted, pedal position etc, would be great. It will help me to do a better job when I fine tune my coupes- sorry for poking you with a stick on this one :) Also, of course the beauty shots will make us all happy!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A lot of the assembly pictures are in the Registry link in my signature and already posted in this thread. I will take detailed pictures of the Scroth belts, the interior and countless other details. ;)

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Picked up Athena! She's a completely different car than the one I dropped off November 8th 2015. VSR has out done themselves and exceeded my expectations.

Attachments

• IMG_1800.jpg
    IMG_1800.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_1802.jpg
    IMG_1802.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_1803.jpg
    IMG_1803.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1808.jpg
    IMG_1808.jpg