BaT: Euro 1973 BMW 3.0CSi 5-Speed

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
that is a weird set of photos, why are there photos of things that don't go with this car?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ya, seems a bit of bondo on there, but am sure most of it was sanded off. They did a great job getting all the contours right if the bondo is indeed left on thick:

1973_bmw_3-0csi_1618594069d2d00d6c2795b8dae1P2220081.jpg

f3ae8ad4-e229-4914-bbf1-20c474ae4089-jpeg.118223

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Can't you add a mirror merely by drilling two holes (in precisely the right place).

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Those were dealer installed at buyer’s request.

My euro passenger door has no mirror. The driver’s door is US spec, likely from the donor car that provided so many other parts. Was it common for US bound cars to get one mirror? If I had to guess, the passenger door is the original CSI door.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Back in the day all BMWs came with only the driver side mirror like my 74 2002 had. You could have the dealer install a mirror but if you waited a couple of years and wanted one you now had to buy a flag mirror as traps weren’t available hence many older BMWs have both flag mirrors.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Shouldn’t there be some primer or sealer on there first before applying the bondo?
Epoxy primer works if you can sand it with something like 150g without sanding it all off. Bare metal is fine but filler is porous so it needs to be sealed as soon as possible.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
In general, I take issue with someone that takes 100 plus pics of the new interior but not a single picture of the most important, rust prone areas and the remediation done. Fluff job...

JamesE30

Reaction score
175k.. impressive!

Great to see there is some appreciation for not only factory original cars, even with a black stripe and the wrong stitch on the seat!! God forbid :O

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
175k.. impressive!

Great to see there is some appreciation for not only factory original cars, even with a black stripe and the wrong stitch on the seat!! God forbid :O
James......c'mon man, don't you know that adding an offset black stripe sticker and not stitching the seat properly actually ADD'S $50K, but only to '73 CSI's......LOL....sarc of course......

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Big money for that particular car. The seller's agent did a nice job.