Blue EV build

jefflit

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Back to the HVAC controls and lighting the words... I realized I'm not beholden to two 70's era lightbulbs so I modified the design to accept a 5mm LED behind each word. Printed in white, painted black, except for the lettering. Needs one more coat of black but the result is certainly brighter than stock. I can even remove a bit of paint along the bottom edge to shine down onto the levers.

Off and On compared. Could not get the camera to stop long exposure.

notLit.jpglitUp.jpg

Attachments

• testFitLEDs.jpg
    testFitLEDs.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 101
  • wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 109

jefflit

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Doing two cars at once is insane. Neither gets all the attention it deserves. My car is back home in my garage with all the metal work now complete. My painter gave it a once over and his blessing. There isn't an ounce of filler on the car now. It will get some skim coating for sure but a many of the small imperfections will be handled by primer surfacer and a lot of block sanding. One can spend an infinite amount of time and money metal finishing. We got the metal as close as was reasonable.

Now I have about 1,000 small electrical issues to tackle, HVAC to figure out, etc. Then I'll do some more shakedown runs and pull it all apart for paint. Someday.

Attachments

• frontBumper.jpg
    frontBumper.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 85
  • hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 81
  • roof.jpg
    roof.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 86
  • trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg