Carpet Followup

Gernstetter

Reaction score
John,

not talking about another color run, but fabrication from one of their standard colors

scott

Shipping is going to cost a lot of money to individuals. The best way is to have them ship to ONE location in the states, and don't forget there will be customs fees when it lands in the states.

I can pick up the European orders...

Perhaps there is a dealer we trust that can coordinate for a reasonable fee, regards, Rob

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
To perhaps make communication a bit more inclusive if all that are interested could send me your email address via PM I can copy you in on communication with Cabrio. You can then do similarly.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Shipping is going to cost a lot of money to individuals. The best way is to have them ship to ONE location in the states, and don't forget there will be customs fees when it lands in the states.

I can pick up the European orders...

Perhaps there is a dealer we trust that can coordinate for a reasonable fee, regards, Rob

shipping to spain was quoted at 75 euro

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
All, I have set up a gmail account for this effort.

This can be used to keep everyone in the loop on progress and for outreach to other forums / clubs / etc.

email address:

[email protected]

Latest communication with Cabrio below:

Dear Klaus,

A NOS carpet sample has been sent to you from Rob Gernstetter. Please let me know when you receive the sample.

To facilitate communication I have created a new gmail account to simplify tracking and to allow others interested in the purchase to stay informed.

We currently have 16 people interested. Through outreach I am optimistic we can get to the target of 30 sets in the timeframe we have identified.

If there is a target date by which we will need commit to the purchase please let me know.

Very Best Regards,

John

New email account below:

[email protected]

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hey John,

i have asked you a question via PM and asked the same question / thought on this forum ... please do me the courtesy of an answer ... even if its to go pound sand.

scott

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
hey John,

i have asked you a question via PM and asked the same question / thought on this forum ... please do me the courtesy of an answer ... even if its to go pound sand.

scott

Sorry mate...

Trying to deal with the elemental stuff..with a specific focus.

Klaus is working on contacting material makers and getting an assessment on $.

We have discussed many variables and I am interested in answering the first questions before getting into the next.

Not ignoring and thought I had responded, but obviously not to your point.

Just trying to facilitate, but don't own the discussion. Please feel free to contact him directly on the subject.

Best,

John

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
It should be pretty easy to get together 30 sets. I would take at least two sets of Blue/ Gray loop right off the bat, but I would also want the correct heel pad. More importantly, I would love to see the original e9 headliner reproduced. Not the material that everyone is calling original because it's all that BMW is offering, but the material that was used for the sun visors as well.

Tom Colitt,
ClassicAutosLA

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
It should be pretty easy to get together 30 sets. I would take at least two sets of Blue/ Gray loop right off the bat, but I would also want the correct heel pad. More importantly, I would love to see the original e9 headliner reproduced. Not the material that everyone is calling original because it's all that BMW is offering, but the material that was used for the sun visors as well.

Tom Colitt,
ClassicAutosLA

Tom,

Heal piece is certainly something to put on the list. Not sure what all is involved but confident Cabrio can handle. When we get a bit closer I'll confirm this up to Klaus.

Thanks for signing up. Would you please drop a note in number in the Parts thread. We are tracking there.

John

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Carpet Samples.

Hi,
I have access to a couple of manufacturers of carpet and would like someone to send me a small sample of the original caroet so I can show them the exact color.
Thanks
H.Malkasian
20 Concord Lane
Uxbridge,Ma. 01569

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Koopman,

Feeling kind of vested with Cabrio at this point. Not that there aren't alternative suppliers, but going to wager quality german carpet manufacturers are a handful at most. Cabrio seems to play well in this pool. and seemingly understands the process to get a special run.

More interested in finding entities that want what we are currently putting together. These guys be willing to buy raw carpet to be able to make their own sets as a group buy?

John

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
one other thing to think about is that most american carpet manufacturers deal primarily in nylon carpet. a lot of the euro carpets have a wool component to them.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
while that is generally true ... the more important thing to think about is the color limitations of nylon to and it is significantly more difficult to match the original color is very difficult. not to mention that most us nylon is solution dyed ... which is more limiting and requires a bigger fiber run. wool is much easier to dye to the correct colored fiber.