CSL Bumpers

aguirola

Reaction score
We have been making parts in the same fashion
for over 20 years, and not one issue. If we were to use black, some may object to the shade, matte, semi, gloss, etc.

We use gelcoat for very large parts as the 2002 trunk bins, and on boats, we do use it also.
For this project, 3 layers of glass works very well.

Then, when it comes to joining 3 pieces for the front bumper and 2 for the rear,
one would have a very difficult time in the fairing of the parts.

When I made the ones for my car, it really was the best option.

Thank you for the kind remark.

Regards, Alberto

PS. As far as strength, please see a photo of a Dino side, dimension: 1:1 scale.
Zero cracks.
Please see below.

Dino Fibreglass Body.jpg1.jpg

aguirola

Reaction score
Black gel coat would have been nice
You are right James, but in which shade?, as matte and semi matte are not the easiest to achieve
in a constant fashion, in production quantities. One, is reasonable, two, harder, three, even worse.

In this instance it becomes an Industrial set up, not a 'cottage industry'... which is what we are.

Regards, Alberto

aguirola

Reaction score
Never mind about the Airdam, The person that wanted a 2nd one, I found his mail
cancelling his request.

JamesE30

Reaction score
You are right James, but in which shade?, as matte and semi matte are not the easiest to achieve
in a constant fashion, in production quantities. One, is reasonable, two, harder, three, even worse.

In this instance it becomes an Industrial set up, not a 'cottage industry'... which is what we are.

Regards, Alberto
If the mould is smooth the finish will be glossy of course, however thats irrelevant since the part will be sanded/primed/painted anyway.

You just have the advantage with gel coat that it is a bit easier to sand when preparing the surface. Plus, in the event the the paint is later scratched or chipped, Black gel coat likely won't be as noticeable.

aguirola

Reaction score
Right on all issues James, we torture tested my bumpers after painting and if you apply
equal quality as we did, it is very sturdy as a very thin coat was applied, so quite unchippable.
Now, if scratched of course, that is another issue. Our preparation in the sanding process was quite easy and fast.

Hope you enjoy your bumper, we went to great lengths to get it to you in a very inexpensive manner
with my wife's great collaboration. She is really a great sport :) and pleased to help as she is car passionate...

Regards, Alberto

aguirola

Reaction score
Pleased to report that all the bumpers requested are in the SFO Bay Area.
Delivery will commence on Monday.
We have 1 (one) extra rear bumper, as one buyer did not even care with responding.
If interested, now's the moment.

Regards, Alberto

aguirola

Reaction score
That's what I like. Decisiveness :)
Please send me your address, and will see you on Monday.

Regards, Alberto

aguirola

Reaction score
It seems the Bay Area fog is in my head too...
There is one more rear bumper available, just unpacked for tomorrow's delivery and lo and behold,
surprise!
Jump on it, as it will not be until next year, when available again.

Regards, Alberto

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
It seems the Bay Area fog is in my head too...
There is one more rear bumper available, just unpacked for tomorrow's delivery and lo and behold,
surprise!
Jump on it, as it will not be until next year, when available again.

Regards, Alberto
I’ll take it. PM sent.

aguirola

Reaction score
OK. All sold, no more until next year.

Thank you all for the kind support, now I can retire to somewhere exotic :)...

Regards, Alberto

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arrived today- very nice!
The fit and finish is excellent.
Quality products, now very anxious to get my hands on those air dams!
Alberto is a great resource for us.
Thank you very much!

aguirola

Reaction score
Thank you Don!
I am extremely pleased you approve.
We aim to make top quality, otherwise, what is the point ;)
We will continue to produce "quality products" as long as there is demand for them,
and if you approve them, judging by your 'standards', then it is very rewarding.

The air dams will be available in the near future.

Kind regards, Alberto

tygaboy

Reaction score
What a day! A set of bumpers and an air dam from Alberto arrived yesterday... delivered by Alberto himself! The best part about my car disease/addiction hobby is the wonderful people I have the opportunity to meet. Alberto is the latest. A gracious and warm gentleman I happily add to my list of "I'm lucky to know him" folks.
But OK, OK, what about the parts? Having done a fair bit of composite work myself, I can tell you these are NICE parts. The finish is wonderful and they are nearly ready for paint. The bumpers are super light while the air dam employs a much thicker layup schedule (see the pic of its upper edge), just as I'd expect. One of my Porsche buddies was here when Alberto arrived. He reviewed the parts and said "These look so nice, you should just run them raw, as is!"
He's a bit of a track rat/weight wennie but his comment goes to how good all these items look in their natural state.
Yes, I'll bond the three front bumper sections together and feather the seams ahead of final finishing but I couldn't be happier. Now add to all that the price? Buy your set now, before Alberto realizes he should be charging more!

IMG_4494.JPG
IMG_4495.JPG

IMG_4492.JPG
IMG_4493.JPG

aguirola

Reaction score
Thank you Chris!
Really appreciate the honest and flattering comments. It was very nice to have met you
just as your friends, I agree, they were also very appreciative of our products. A bonus!
It is always nice to meet other quality car crazies!!!

Best part, they all fit 100% correctly, no adjustments required, none, and as always, the same great quality
.I like the 'natural look' idea, inspiring...

To my collaborators back home, this is very rewarding, and without them, there would not be
parts available. So, please keep ordering and I will supply.

Next delivery will be around February 2022.

I can bring spoilers in the ski bag, and that seemed to have worked quite well for a small
'sporting goods' surcharge from the airline, but very reasonable all things considered.

Rear bumpers and fronts always available, at...the same price, unless resin is more expensive,
but so far so good.

If you have other thoughts for other 'glass items, please do. We made some 'CSL splitters' from an original rubber one.
Have the mould and if warranted, we can make those too.

Only request, please place orders no later than Xmas.

As an aside, If you know someone with a 2002 that need a trunk bin, great quality, perfect replicas, gel coated.
I have 3 available in California, 2 vinyl shade (original) and 1 white. Best would be buy all 3 and resell them.
Will deliver locally.
Black Friday spl....

Thank you all again for your kind support!

Kind regards, Alberto

https://uploads.bmw2002faq.com/monthly_2021_05/IMG_3546.jpg.448a51ed8b1b0d853a9ace43e1f2d519.jpg