CSL For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastsideM3

Reaction score
schnell540 said:
eastsideM3 said:
What was the question mark? The amount of rust that was actually there?

Fiberglass was put in the upper fender (seen from looking up in the wheelwell). The fiberglass might have been hiding rust -- or just a really bad repair. There was also a small amount of surface rust around the fuse block; it could be that rust that resulted in the bad repair was causing that surface rust. Beacuse of the fiberglass and surface rust, some work was clearly necessary. The question was how much...
Was all the original alloy bits there, plexi windows etc? Car looks nice in the pictures, seems like an excellent deal for someone if the rust wasnt too bad. Too bad I wasnt here at that time, thats the kind of deal Im waiting for in a CSL, if anyone has a non city pack or bat for sale. :wink:

eastsideM3

Reaction score
schnell540 said:
eastsideM3 said:
What was the question mark? The amount of rust that was actually there?

Fiberglass was put in the upper fender (seen from looking up in the wheelwell). The fiberglass might have been hiding rust -- or just a really bad repair. There was also a small amount of surface rust around the fuse block; it could be that rust that resulted in the bad repair was causing that surface rust. Beacuse of the fiberglass and surface rust, some work was clearly necessary. The question was how much...
Was all the original alloy bits there, plexi windows etc? Car looks nice in the pictures, seems like an excellent deal for someone if the rust wasnt too bad. Too bad I wasnt here at that time, thats the kind of deal Im waiting for in a CSL, if anyone has a non city pack or bat for sale. :wink:

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
dang said:
chicane said:
Be careful dp you are turning into the NEW chicane. :D
If I had said these things the gang would have ripped into me like a bag of Doritos. Although you are spot on, no way is this an $87K car.
Nah. The difference is, Dale's been around so long that no one pays attention to him anymore. :wink:
I wish that were true, especially when I've been too quick to speak and someone who has worked with early and late CSLs pipes up and puts me in my place! :oops:

To be fair, the acrimony started when the name-calling started. To the extent I chose to participate in that, or respond to it, I owe the board an apology.

Thank-you to TimT for answering the question I twice posted, and even after repeating was not answered by the name-calling experts. I am really sorry to have offended any of youse guys. I'm also sorry to have taken the name-calling personal. Please don't shortchange the rest of the forum of your willingness to share accurate information on my account.

There have been a number of very thoughtful replies which I think is a discussion forum's chief asset. And I have resolved to keep more of my personal "critiques" away from open discussion.

I open my challenge to anyone in this discussion thread to buy this car for 87k and silence my high-pricing critiques.

Oh wait, didn't I already just say I was gonna shut up? ;-) You're off the hook, no need to put YOUR money where your mouth is, even if your defense implies (to well-meaning folks) that as an expert you believe that car based on those fotos is worth 87 thousand dollars.

I need to make an honest effort to not to begrudge any success at finding others who will put their money where your mouths are...times is different now, I guess.

The upheaval about grills/noses on CSLs did ferret out a disclosure of body damage on this offered car.

For some reason I still want to just swear that I have laid hands on coupes with the big, heavy, late-style grills (which had correspondingly different sheetmetal.) After a quick scan of the forum foto section, I couldn't come up with a big-bumpered car foto that had a clear shot of the grill (and I'm not at my yard to look at what cars I have) so this pic of Dave Woodham's "Secret Weapon" E3 this is the best foto I could quickly find which clearly shows the heavy later style center grill
woodham_weapon_b.jpg

From Dan K's post about CSLs it sounds like my recollection about big/little grills on CSLs is muddied, and I was remembering stuff which is specific to E3's and even only possibly non-CSL coupes and has no bearing on CSLs. Big mistake, and I am thinking that (for me) I shouldn't say a damn thing based on fotos on the internet, heck that grill on the OP's car still looks like a "big" grill to me!
Regardless, I owe you all a big apology for my drilling in on this topic, and like I said, if only dang was right. :oops:

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
dang said:
chicane said:
Be careful dp you are turning into the NEW chicane. :D
If I had said these things the gang would have ripped into me like a bag of Doritos. Although you are spot on, no way is this an $87K car.
Nah. The difference is, Dale's been around so long that no one pays attention to him anymore. :wink:
I wish that were true, especially when I've been too quick to speak and someone who has worked with early and late CSLs pipes up and puts me in my place! :oops:

To be fair, the acrimony started when the name-calling started. To the extent I chose to participate in that, or respond to it, I owe the board an apology.

Thank-you to TimT for answering the question I twice posted, and even after repeating was not answered by the name-calling experts. I am really sorry to have offended any of youse guys. I'm also sorry to have taken the name-calling personal. Please don't shortchange the rest of the forum of your willingness to share accurate information on my account.

There have been a number of very thoughtful replies which I think is a discussion forum's chief asset. And I have resolved to keep more of my personal "critiques" away from open discussion.

I open my challenge to anyone in this discussion thread to buy this car for 87k and silence my high-pricing critiques.

Oh wait, didn't I already just say I was gonna shut up? ;-) You're off the hook, no need to put YOUR money where your mouth is, even if your defense implies (to well-meaning folks) that as an expert you believe that car based on those fotos is worth 87 thousand dollars.

I need to make an honest effort to not to begrudge any success at finding others who will put their money where your mouths are...times is different now, I guess.

The upheaval about grills/noses on CSLs did ferret out a disclosure of body damage on this offered car.

For some reason I still want to just swear that I have laid hands on coupes with the big, heavy, late-style grills (which had correspondingly different sheetmetal.) After a quick scan of the forum foto section, I couldn't come up with a big-bumpered car foto that had a clear shot of the grill (and I'm not at my yard to look at what cars I have) so this pic of Dave Woodham's "Secret Weapon" E3 this is the best foto I could quickly find which clearly shows the heavy later style center grill
woodham_weapon_b.jpg

From Dan K's post about CSLs it sounds like my recollection about big/little grills on CSLs is muddied, and I was remembering stuff which is specific to E3's and even only possibly non-CSL coupes and has no bearing on CSLs. Big mistake, and I am thinking that (for me) I shouldn't say a damn thing based on fotos on the internet, heck that grill on the OP's car still looks like a "big" grill to me!
Regardless, I owe you all a big apology for my drilling in on this topic, and like I said, if only dang was right. :oops:

chicane

Reaction score
RonP said:
Because you are consistently caustic and abrasive to whom ever you chose to be-so no one is safe from your constant tounge lashing at CSL sellers. The problem is your ignorance and speculation.

Pardon me bud but I am not the one who got this party started.

RonP said:
Also, the Golf yellow CSL that sold last year (from my inside information) was full of rust. I know who purchased the car and it will easily be a $100k restoration.

That is the first I had heard of that. Everyone here said it was a great car.
Not to mention, how much do you think the restoration of the OP's car will be?

RonP said:
Furthermore, the car looks to be sound as it sits.

And you know this because you have seen the car in person?

RonP said:
There are some cosmetic changes that are easy to fix that would certainly add more appeal to it's present state, but I see no reason to publicly bash a car so badly, try to discredit the seller, and speculate that he or the car is a fraud.

I did nothing of the sort and I challenge you to prove otherwise or offer an apology.

RonP said:
I am sure there are E9 coupe owners in Florida and I think it would be prudent to have whomever is close to the seller's location to go see the car in person and give a professional opinion of the car first hand and report back.

As would I.

RonP said:
I do have an idea that the car is a City Package, but the problem is that BMW didn't keep very good records on their early cars. Once I find out, I will report back.

On another note, I didn't see any responses from you on this thread with proof of current CSL sales.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5041&highlight=
65,000.00 EUR=85,491.64 USD and a nice car.

RonP said:
Nor did I see you comment on the price of this car at $125,000-which by the way....has already sold last year to the current owner for the same price.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4787

6 months ago was when people had money and if he is selling that quick I doubt it he is getting his moeny back regardless a rare "L".

RonP said:
I guess what I am trying to say, is that I don't feel you add anything positive by your ignorant comments.

My .02 FWIW

And I guess what I am trying to say is that all L's are not created equal for a variety of reasons, you see an "L" and think everyone is a six-figure car when it could not be further from the truth.

chicane

Reaction score
RonP said:
Because you are consistently caustic and abrasive to whom ever you chose to be-so no one is safe from your constant tounge lashing at CSL sellers. The problem is your ignorance and speculation.

Pardon me bud but I am not the one who got this party started.

RonP said:
Also, the Golf yellow CSL that sold last year (from my inside information) was full of rust. I know who purchased the car and it will easily be a $100k restoration.

That is the first I had heard of that. Everyone here said it was a great car.
Not to mention, how much do you think the restoration of the OP's car will be?

RonP said:
Furthermore, the car looks to be sound as it sits.

And you know this because you have seen the car in person?

RonP said:
There are some cosmetic changes that are easy to fix that would certainly add more appeal to it's present state, but I see no reason to publicly bash a car so badly, try to discredit the seller, and speculate that he or the car is a fraud.

I did nothing of the sort and I challenge you to prove otherwise or offer an apology.

RonP said:
I am sure there are E9 coupe owners in Florida and I think it would be prudent to have whomever is close to the seller's location to go see the car in person and give a professional opinion of the car first hand and report back.

As would I.

RonP said:
I do have an idea that the car is a City Package, but the problem is that BMW didn't keep very good records on their early cars. Once I find out, I will report back.

On another note, I didn't see any responses from you on this thread with proof of current CSL sales.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5041&highlight=
65,000.00 EUR=85,491.64 USD and a nice car.

RonP said:
Nor did I see you comment on the price of this car at $125,000-which by the way....has already sold last year to the current owner for the same price.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4787

6 months ago was when people had money and if he is selling that quick I doubt it he is getting his moeny back regardless a rare "L".

RonP said:
I guess what I am trying to say, is that I don't feel you add anything positive by your ignorant comments.

My .02 FWIW

And I guess what I am trying to say is that all L's are not created equal for a variety of reasons, you see an "L" and think everyone is a six-figure car when it could not be further from the truth.

schnell540

Reaction score
eastsideM3 said:
Was all the original alloy bits there, plexi windows etc? Car looks nice in the pictures, seems like an excellent deal for someone if the rust wasnt too bad.

The car had ali hood and trunk, plexi all around, hood pins, no p/s, and was a true lightweight (non-City pack) but for the steel doors. Whether it came from the factory with those doors, I don't know...

schnell540

Reaction score
eastsideM3 said:
Was all the original alloy bits there, plexi windows etc? Car looks nice in the pictures, seems like an excellent deal for someone if the rust wasnt too bad.

The car had ali hood and trunk, plexi all around, hood pins, no p/s, and was a true lightweight (non-City pack) but for the steel doors. Whether it came from the factory with those doors, I don't know...

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
DanG is a Saint

Bury the hatchet in someone's head, well said. For everyone's info, there was no variation in front sheet metal, but the later grilles with black inserts with four vertical slats did stick out further, was a bit squarer and clunkier looking and did fit in the same hole. I throw them out when I come across one, they are an affront to the car's classic lines.

Wouldnt it be nice if some people, acutally someONE would keep his mouth shut or his fingers still and just go away? Wouldnt we all be a bit happerier if that happened? I know I would. I dare say I would participagte more, share info more and contribute more is there wasnt someone lurking about waiting to nail everyone for everything.

This same person had the affrontery to suggest that people who post or advertise actually must vet themselves!!! This from someone who has consistently avoided indentifying himself, his location, his actual coupe ownership, not even a name!!!! I have even asked Dan G to make you leave, but he is an extremely patient person, something I am not, nor ever have been nor ever will be.

Dan G, you are a saint, I only hope its someone like you that judges me at the end, the afterlife, or whateverthehell it is. Some on this board are very lucky its yours to administer, and not mine.

Over and out, for real this time, unless someONE chooses to pick a fight which seems their only source of satisfaction in life. Pathetic.

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
DanG is a Saint

Bury the hatchet in someone's head, well said. For everyone's info, there was no variation in front sheet metal, but the later grilles with black inserts with four vertical slats did stick out further, was a bit squarer and clunkier looking and did fit in the same hole. I throw them out when I come across one, they are an affront to the car's classic lines.

Wouldnt it be nice if some people, acutally someONE would keep his mouth shut or his fingers still and just go away? Wouldnt we all be a bit happerier if that happened? I know I would. I dare say I would participagte more, share info more and contribute more is there wasnt someone lurking about waiting to nail everyone for everything.

This same person had the affrontery to suggest that people who post or advertise actually must vet themselves!!! This from someone who has consistently avoided indentifying himself, his location, his actual coupe ownership, not even a name!!!! I have even asked Dan G to make you leave, but he is an extremely patient person, something I am not, nor ever have been nor ever will be.

Dan G, you are a saint, I only hope its someone like you that judges me at the end, the afterlife, or whateverthehell it is. Some on this board are very lucky its yours to administer, and not mine.

Over and out, for real this time, unless someONE chooses to pick a fight which seems their only source of satisfaction in life. Pathetic.

chicane

Reaction score
Re: DanG is a Saint

coupeguy said:

Well I guess you are talking about me. Want to know what cars I own read my sig. That and I would never purchase parts for my coupe from you because of your attitude. If I were in the business of selling, I wouldn't go out of my way to tick off potential customers.

coupeguy said:
Pathetic.

Couldn't have said it better....

chicane

Reaction score
Re: DanG is a Saint

coupeguy said:

Well I guess you are talking about me. Want to know what cars I own read my sig. That and I would never purchase parts for my coupe from you because of your attitude. If I were in the business of selling, I wouldn't go out of my way to tick off potential customers.

coupeguy said:
Pathetic.

Couldn't have said it better....

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
YOU are not a potential customer, if I knew who you were I would not even consider selling you anything; nothing; ever. You are without question the single most irritating person I have ever encountered. YOU are the reason that I do not contribute more to this forum, YOU are the single reason I think the forum has degenerated to a pissing contest arena. Somehow I have survived without your business, must be a miracle. PLEASE go away and stay away!!

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
YOU are not a potential customer, if I knew who you were I would not even consider selling you anything; nothing; ever. You are without question the single most irritating person I have ever encountered. YOU are the reason that I do not contribute more to this forum, YOU are the single reason I think the forum has degenerated to a pissing contest arena. Somehow I have survived without your business, must be a miracle. PLEASE go away and stay away!!

chicane

Reaction score
coupeguy said:

:roll:

chicane

Reaction score
coupeguy said:

:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.