"Mad Max's " S54 powered E9 project

bdigel

Reaction score
Who did the dash pads?

My Friend Anthony Nue , along with most anything interior related on this project . The stuff was quite beat down and he was able to salvage it. I am using wood restored/ made by our own Peter Coomaraswamy

bdigel

Reaction score
DSCN3127.JPG
DSCN3130.JPG
DSCN3131.JPG
DSCN3128.JPG

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i am amazed at the glovebox ... i sent that glovebox to Max ... basically for the shipping cost because it was not in that good of shape.

bdigel

Reaction score
i am amazed at the glovebox ... i sent that glovebox to Max ... basically for the shipping cost because it was not in that good of shape.

Attachments

• glove box done.jpg
    glove box done.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 300
  • inside glove box.jpg
    inside glove box.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 269

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm totally the novice here but having fun sniffing all the paints and stains! I finished staining the dash this morning and I'll be spraying the automotive clear-coat before leaving work tonight. Here is a before picture- I hope it looks reasonable tomorrow morning!
dash ebony.JPG
The gauge cluster has new veneer but the other dash pieces were stripped and re-stained

bdigel

Reaction score
DSCN3454.JPG
DSCN3455.JPG
the body work is progressing . Its been primed and they are doing the final sanding and blocking before it gets sealed for the color to be applied

DSCN3448.JPG

I am really happy with how they molded the front spoiler in and blended it with the fender flares , It should be a nice detail when its finished

DSCN3449.JPG

side shot of blended in spoiler and flares

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm totally the novice here but having fun sniffing all the paints and stains! I finished staining the dash this morning and I'll be spraying the automotive clear-coat before leaving work tonight. Here is a before picture- I hope it looks reasonable tomorrow morning!View attachment 45098 The gauge cluster has new veneer but the other dash pieces were stripped and re-stained

I love the look of the black!
I wonder, do you want the wood grain visible or would it be cool to machine it out of delrin sheets, or something like that? Super easy on a mill or saw.. Hmmm...know my mind is wondering....damn!

bdigel

Reaction score
Wheels have been refinished and had the centers painted Charcoal to match some the interior pieces

DSCN3485.JPG

DSCN3485.JPG

rear wheel 17x11.jpg

rear wheel 3.jpg

rear wheel 2.jpg

Wheels are built out to 17 X 11 in the rear

Attachments

• DSCN3486.JPG
    DSCN3486.JPG
    302.8 KB · Views: 458

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yeah ... that's going to look great. so when does the inka start? asks the guy who is still waiting for the ceylon to start being sprayed on his car

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hey Brendan -- What fasteners did you use on the wheels and where did you get them?

bdigel

Reaction score
Hey Brendan -- What fasteners did you use on the wheels and where did you get them?

The wheels are actually being built at BBS , so the hardware is what ever they use , and David The rears will be 17 x 10.5 and the fronts more than likely will end up being 17 x 9

bdigel

Reaction score
DSCN3482.JPG

Car is completely disassembled , removed the rear suspension , and the undercarriage is ready to be painted

DSCN3483.JPG

Engine bay ready for paint

DSCN3481.JPG

exterior ready for sealer primer !

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looking most excellent sir Brendan. some day soon we are going to have a collection of amazing coupes in the ATL ... starting with the ones that are already here and fabulous and then Gary's, yours + mine to add to the list of Don's, George's, Phil's, the polaris one that just arrived ... and a few more that i can't remember.