having personally walked around this build recently and seen the green race car ... Brendan is an excellent builder of an extreme machine. amazing workmanship, well thought out ... and there is no such thing as half-ass work in his vocabulary.
Jumping around , to a different project today. We got some interior work done today . Like most of these cars a lot of the interior is in disrepair , disintergrated , missing , broken rusted , etc, etc. That to Scott perkins aka rsporsche who gave us a beat down rear package tray , we used for a templet , cut out a new piece of wood and covered it in new vinyl . re installed the rear seats to test fit the new piece , and did some work on the side panel's , Thanks to Peter C and his wood skills , he sent a test piece stained in ebony that we installed to see how it would look ,
The new panel test fit before getting covered
a nice snug fit with the seats
the new piece covered in new black vinyl
Interior starting to come together
very excited to see how the interior would work with the "outlaw " floorboards
Peter C . wood work fit in the German outlaw
Can't thank Peter C and Scott enough , thank you guys for the help , Really shows how great the E9 community is !
Working on the new pieces this week, please email me some photo's of the dash, you could even send it to me and I could get it ready in stock formation in time for the Vintage... I hope. Also, that piece you have is just a color test, I have 4 pieces getting done now- too many imperfections in the sample to use in your car.
I did some preliminary measuring and the gauge cluster from my 996 tt would fit perfectly in the original wood and offer much greater accuracy and functionality.
And wood pieces- still polishing dust on them but they're black and shiny. Once they're installed I hope they are what you were looking for, I test fitted them and they look pretty good- I must say and the grain is visible through the clear . Measuring out the door-pull supports to drill the final hole.
skipping some of the tedious stuff that been done lately to show you guys some exciting bling . After cutting up the stock airbox to remove the airhorns/ trumpets I was left with some rather unattractive pieces. I had them painted , and a machinist made some rings to hold some screens for filters on
stock horns still contained in the airbox
naked on the engine
screens cut out and filter assemblies installed
test fit on to the engine, a few tweeks will needed to get them just right , but I think it adds a nice touch
As you may have noticed from the above posted Video I actually got the car running . A huge step forward . We have been working all summer on the harness/ wiring . I had motorsport style harness's built for the chassis , and that was intergrated with the factory style S54 engine harness . after month's of intense work we got it fired up. still have to finish the detail of the cars wiring .
The project didn't come with any of the center council , I made this switch plate , racecar style , which holds circuit breakers in lew of fuse's . and window switch's and some button's for the S54 power . This in rough form currently
Behind the switch plate all of the car electronic's are housed in this box we built , this is the back side of the box as the milspec connectors are getting installed and the power block
The electronic's getting installed , new modern relay's wiper control , modern circuit breakers , switch's and an obd 2 port for ecu com
One of the milspec chassis harness completed Note the weather proof details of the harness, lightweight milspec wire's Raychem shrink wrap, expoxied sealed , etc. etc