BuzzBomb

Reaction score
i dont understand
i put a tii booster in and it just bolted up exactly the same
i think i just changed the rod from the old booster
they work just like the other
i didnt even adjust it
even the lenght was dead on
How did you just change the rod? The Tii booster has a welded fork about 1cm away from the booster. The coupe booster uses a threaded rod coming out of the booster with that fork at the end of an adjustable rod.

Regardless, consider the environment. This is a race car. If there were to be a booster failure in competition, an out of the box replacement Tii booster can be swapped in and be Coupe ready by removing one nut, rod length stays adjusted. PNP. No offense, but I'm liking my setup, especially when time matters.

Last edited:

wsk

Reaction score
Yep, those are Porsche calipers in the rear. Well, not specifically Porsche. The Ates were used on other cars as well (e.g. Alfa), and they were homologated for Group 2 on the CSL. The front calipers are considerably more rare, and they gave BuzzBomb headaches. But it's all working out. I really can't thank enough all the people who have poured enormous amounts of effort into this project.

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
IMG_1057.JPG
IMG_1056.JPG
Yes I sprouted a few new gray hairs but they are in and they are awfully purty.

Last edited:

Sam Lever

Reaction score
Wow! That is not only a very cool and satisfying way to return a landmark car to the way that it should be, involving period personnel and gurus into the bargain, but a fabulous piece of work too. Well done and good luck with what remains.

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
It was a bitter-sweet Friday, as we said goodbye to this fair lady, now on it's way up the coast for the second leg of the project to prepare for Monterey. Bill will take over to wire the car, and finish all the odd bits left over from the long list that it takes to build a car like this. We did the lion's share, and it was an education, and I appreciate that.
So for me, all I'm left with is a brilliant desktop wallpaper. Another empty nest moment.
IMG_1060.jpg

artcarcsl

Reaction score
It was a bitter-sweet Friday, as we said goodbye to this fair lady, now on it's way up the coast for the second leg of the project to prepare for Monterey. Bill will take over to wire the car, and finish all the odd bits left over from the long list that it takes to build a car like this. We did the lion's share, and it was an education, and I appreciate that.
So for me, all I'm left with is a brilliant desktop wallpaper. Another empty nest moment.
View attachment 19577
Thanks for all your hard work, you certainly made it easier to finish the project.

bdigel

Reaction score
vary nice work fella's , thank you for sharing and good luck @ the historics!