The end is near....SCOTTeVEST's Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
They don't sell the chrome side vents anymore. Watching you guys toss them in the box makes me cringe.

What I did is purchase 4mm brass tube from eBay. I haven't done it yet, but my plan is to drill a hole and expoxy the tube in to create a new post. I will also fill the tube with epoxy, which is specifically why I got tube instead of using a rod.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/K-S-4mm-x-...Wall-3-9836-/282952102330?hash=item41e14271ba

Thank you. I was afraid of that. I really do need these done in chrome as it is necessary for the overall look. Hopefully Gary will be able to accommodate this. I really wish we had sorted this out in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok. I went down again today.
It seems that Benny will be able to something with the chrome side grills. Whew!
The only issue he is having is figuring out how to attach the rubber to rear bumper, and front bumper too. He describes it well in this video. Please take a look and let me know your thoughts. Seems pretty simple, but not sure.
I now just need the hood roundel and 3.0CS lettering. I am going to reach out to Carl Nelson now on all this.
Benny thinks I may in fact be on the road next week, with some minor details to sort out later.
SOOOOO excited.

Attachments

• IMG_0256.JPG
    IMG_0256.JPG
    415.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    465.3 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2651.JPG
    IMG_2651.JPG
    414.7 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_4515.JPG
    IMG_4515.JPG
    425.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_6155.JPG
    IMG_6155.JPG
    388.5 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_7273.JPG
    IMG_7273.JPG
    444.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_7325.JPG
    IMG_7325.JPG
    319.5 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_8328.JPG
    IMG_8328.JPG
    400.5 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_8849.JPG
    IMG_8849.JPG
    427.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_9105.JPG
    IMG_9105.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 181

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know you prefer the Cliff's notes but this is worth reading if you are no longer striving for a date that you won't hit.

https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/raised-letter-hood-roundel.16424/

Although they are broken, I doubt that your shock tower covers will fit over your new reinforcement. You may want to have Benny hit your trunk area with some paint when he does the engine compartment. Otherwise a matching grey texture paint might look nice. Something to consider since they are the experts at masking and spraying stuff.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know you prefer the Cliff's notes but this is worth reading if you are no longer striving for a date that you won't hit.

https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/raised-letter-hood-roundel.16424/

Although they are broken, I doubt that your shock tower covers will fit over your new reinforcement. You may want to have Benny hit your trunk area with some paint when he does the engine compartment. Otherwise a matching grey texture paint might look nice. Something to consider since they are the experts at masking and spraying stuff.

His upholstery guy is going to come in tomorrow to take a look. Frankly, I would be fine with a spray of paint. It’s just the trunk after all. Not terribly worried about it.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
While they're in there replacing bulbs, have them paint the yellow reflector in silver so it wont be visible through the lens.

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 20.50.29.png

This is how the metal rails for the bumper rubber are installed, pop rivet the rails to the bumper, then slide the rubber on from one side/end. Use some kind of lube to make the rubber slip on easier.
It's a good idea to paint them before installing, but I didn't do it.

Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 23.22.10.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 23.22.19.png

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
While they're in there replacing bulbs, have them paint the yellow reflector in silver so it wont be visible through the lens.

View attachment 45860

This is how the metal rails for the bumper rubber are installed, pop rivet the rails to the bumper, then slide the rubber on from one side/end. Use some kind of lube to make the rubber slip on easier.
It's a good idea to paint them before installing, but I didn't do it.

View attachment 45861

View attachment 45862

Thx soooo much!!!! I love this forum

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The bumper rubber is pretty easy. Find the midpoint of the rubber and bend it back so the rear slits fan out. Slide it over the bumper piece. Then keeping it bent feed it onto the bumper from center to ends. Keeping it bent will allow the rubber to fit over the metal. Then tuck in the ends.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Meeting now at the shop with an upholstery guy and decided to go ahead and get the interior done this winter. Does anyone know a good source for the interior leather sets etc.?

Short video with upholstery guy. Ideally, I could buy the parts so he can just install.

eb7cad7db6162e0ef176c265ec72ed38.jpg

c61ffff6a1b1d7e5da877987eb554c60.jpg
940722f0b38758936577108435a9a4ed.jpg

Last edited:

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just got an email from Benny. Apparently, he wants to send out all of the aluminum to be shined by someone else. I really wish she had thought of this earlier as it was suggested several times. Looking less and less likely that I will meet the deadline. Such is life…

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
Is it just me or do your seats and panels not look too bad? A little elbow grease and some matching carpet and you might be all set... unless of course you are wanting to change the color of your interior...

Status
Not open for further replies.