The end is near....SCOTTeVEST's Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Blue wire goes to the dash.

If you have the OLD style alt, there should be another wire (light brown?) that goes up to your voltage regulator that's next to your round relays. You kind of need that if this isn't the internal regulator style.

You DO have a big fat red wire on that alt too, no?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You have an internally regulated, “single wire” alternator. Large red wire goes to the post with m6 10mm headed nut, skinny blue wire goes to the D+ spade terminal. You might also have a brown ground wire from case of Alt to the mount on the block.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
7D9C2AB4-4AFA-4DDD-BCDA-C51CD345B6AB.jpeg

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I recorded this short video. Can someone let me know what they think I need to do to get my alternator working? I’m going to ask Benny tomorrow and have someone else but wondering if someone has a thought. Thank you

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The black rectangle is the diode with brushes, they are cheap, unscrew both screws and replace it. I can see where the old regulator wires have been cut as they are not needed. You can even see the blue wire at bottom of the Alt, under $20 and all is well. If you drive with the red light on it will drain the battery. A multimeter on the battery terminals with motor running needs to show around 14 volts, Benny/Gary can do this.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
The black rectangle is the diode with brushes, they are cheap, unscrew both screws and replace it. I can see where the old regulator wires have been cut as they are not needed. You can even see the blue wire at bottom of the Alt, under $20 and all is well. If you drive with the red light on it will drain the battery. A multimeter on the battery terminals with motor running needs to show around 14 volts, Benny/Gary can do this.
Thx Chris

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
HOLY SHIT!
I just met with Benny. The moment he saw the car with all the tape on it, he flipped out. He asked me to come into his office and turn off the camera and went off on me. Apparently, someone from this forum (i am pretty sure it was @restart based upon his interactions here but may be wrong) contacted Benny directly and shared among other things this video of me walking around the car with my buddy trying to identify issues.

Benny was VERY upset by this UNLISTED video. I re-watched the video and didn't find it that bad at all, but Benny did with the fueling of the fire by the forum member here. For the record, the video he was upset about is marked unlisted/PRIVATE and to date has a total of 21 views, of which 3 are mine and 2 are Benny's. I think he thought it was widely distributed, which it was not.

In sum, Benny said:
  • I only wanted a driver, not a show quality car, and that's what I paid for and got
  • he wasn't finished buffing and cutting when he gave me the car back and asked me to identify my list. I asked him to then just finish and then I can examine it, and not focus on the video but on the work.
  • the car was not supposed to look any better than the Mustang did, which I believe didn't have these imperfections, but going to compare to Corey's car in person to confirm if there are visible fisheyes, etc.
  • he promised to fix things, but did not indicate when it would be done. I hope he doesn't spite me and leave it there long.
  • he alluded to that it would take time for him to finish the car, and suggested that I needed to pay for that time. This doesn't make sense to me since I paid for him to finish it, and he admitted it wasn't finished and this final review was part of the process.
  • he wasn't willing to go through my list together or examine the car closely together and said he would do so on his own when he cooled down, but then began to look over the vehicle and said many of the things I was pointing out were minor and he planned to address with the final cutting/buffing
  • He said he couldn't figure out how to get the main window seal to sit right and I needed to get a window guy to do it. Any thoughts on this?
  • He kept reminding me that I didn't pay for a show quality paint job, nor a bare metal restoration; I knew that but pointed out that the issues I pointed out had nothing to do with whether we went bare metal or not, but rather the final assembly and the final block/cutting efforts. He didn't argue with that.
He was very upset that I would post a video in this private forum showing the imperfections. I am sorry someone from this forum felt the need to get involved and share that video and their thoughts directly with him. I think he somehow thinks that video was being widely viewed and distributed and when people searched his name they would see it. That is not the case, and if someone from this forum didn't get involved, he never would have seen it. The video is not that bad anyway.

Since I know that same person will share this post with Benny, I will say this directly to Benny.

Benny, I truly appreciate all your and Gary's hard work. I hadn't realized that when you gave me the car and asked me to identify issues that you had not finished it yet, although you alluded to the fact that last weekend before I picked up the car that you intended to some final work but we ended up brining it to Schwab instead. I hope that you will take care of it so that we are both proud of the work done. I hope to record a final video singing your praises, but as things stand now, it is simply not complete. I re-watched the video of me and Mike going over the car and there was nothing objectionable in it, just 2 car guys going over a beautiful car trying to point out imperfections as you asked us to do. I stand by everything that was said in that video, including saying it looked like a million dollars and you intended to address these issues. If you listen closely, my reference to Makko was not to suggest that this was of that quality, but just the opposite. It was not intended to be and isn't a Makko job. I hope to be back on the road and count you and your team as a friend. I hope you will attend our party this fall too, and when you see my car going down the road you will be proud of the work that you have done, recognizing that it was not intended to be a show car, but a car without obvious, visible imperfections. I want to thank you for allowing me to document my experience with the private forum. You and Gary were exceptionally patient and tolerant in doing so. It was fun when we were doing it. Please let's just finish up strong and be done with this and be proud. The final video however when the car is done and I am hopefully extremely happy about the final product will be public and have MANY thousands of views and serve as a tremendous marketing vehicle for you and a sense of pride for both of us. For truly very minor imperfections that require close examination to see, I am not worried about those, but suspect those will easily be resolved with buffing/cutting/ color sanding, etc. I am more concerned about the more problematic obvious things that may require more attention.

Lastly, here is the video I made today while I was waiting for Uber to pick me up. Wish me luck.

As far as the person, (I am pretty sure it was @restart), wow. I can't believe that you would involve yourself in my business in this fashion. I really appreciated all the help from this forum, despite the few hiccups.

The punch list provided to him is below, but the story is in the images and tape marks.
  • Paint Issues: See tape marks

• Sunroof, including jam area

• Select Door Jams not painted nor the bottom piece along doors

• Hood and trunk are not centered properly. Trunk is off center and hood is too far back
  • Non-paint Issues:

• Electrical Power issues- drain and/or needs new alternator

• replace the brushes/diode it is held on by two screws, they cost $15.

• The black rectangle is the diode with brushes, they are cheap, unscrew both screws and replace it. I can see where the old regulator wires have been cut as they are not needed. You can even see the blue wire at bottom of the Alt, under $20 and all is well. A multimeter on the battery terminals with motor running needs to show around 14 volts, Benny/Gary can do this.
    • Passenger door not opening and shutting right

• Door locks for both passenger and driver side seem very loose. Need to test trying to lock doors

• Windows not going all the way up readily, especially drivers window which won’t go all the way up without pushing with hands

• Hood it needs to move forward, too far back, gap is not right

• Antenna not going up/down

• Trim not attached uniformly, see tape

• Driver’s side Light for license plate

• Center console inside needs to be adjusted

• Rain gutters are not attached properly

• Round control for side vent window passenger side, on backwards, but be sure not to pry it out, but rather remove from the back with proper tool

• Rubber seal on exterior of windshield on the upper corner near drivers and passenger

• Do a drain test to confirm it water is draining properly and soak the car and water to see if anything comes inside

• Fasten and clean belt trim near the bottom

• Lip of trunk near glass

• Paint chipping on air dam already

• Need extra Touch up paint and paint brand and color code

• Interior back window headliner meets seal is undone

• Center armrest in back seat needs to be installed properly

• Elephant skin interior trunk- install back piece again?

• Install subwoofer Pins for subwoofer

• Screw in door jam on the driver side at the bottom is loose

• Install hardware for the rear seat belt attachment for the front seat belts; see dash tray

• Wood for speaker and what part behind it, just black sheet of paper behind it is fine. I can buy or you can

• Trunk not shutting right, gaps not even

• Front camber plates -The tire place probably couldn’t figure out that you need to remove strut bearing studs first.

• Clean engine bay?

• Send excess parts back to La Jolla Carl Nelson, esp screws

• Paint imperfections around side view mirrors

• Final Detail properly

• Belt Trim Gap on passenger side not matching up, and trim near bottom of passenger window not level. The gap between the two pieces of belt molding can be adjusted by moving the door piece forward and the fender piece backward.

• Lettering not level, both 3.0 and CS should match the line of the trunk before and after:

• Door handle on drivers side a bit crooked

• Paint screws for the air damn black

• the thin black rubber trim that goes under the door and rear side window chrome sills missing
      yEzJddY0j84mIHi9iCOC6lUVVs8oL8Ih-mYfSVg5-igytIMftStwh3aOCZpPgiHEHVuY6Uyxu-vKSkW6jTTqR_FbBNp3itOjWAYUYgbJ4XnnVjffR2eZmANWTeLkgedhBCv6YhY5
      I think the rubber strip you are looking for is -
      https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/catalogsearch/result/?order=name&dir=asc&q=54129734126

• Water test- hose down to see if any leaks in sunroof and/or windows and trunk

• Stickers for engine compartment - stickers. Need picture

• Hood light not working- not important. I can do this.

• Get the headrests moving properly up and down, although you don't need to do this.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott,

Can you imagine how many hours it would take for them to go over and fix everything on that checklist?
This is what happens when a shop tries to restore (mini-restore in this case) a car that they have no previous knowledge or experience of.

I fully understand that Benny wants you to keep paying him for fixing all those issues, except the paint issues, maybe.
I paid a little less than you for my paint, and my car would be covered in tape if I were to put some next to every imperfection, as I previously said, I didn't pay $20-30k+ so I can't expect a flawless paint.
I know you don't want to hear it, but it's just not reasonable to pay $8k and expect it to be very-close-to-perfect, or as you call it, no obvious visible imperfections... The thing is, all imperfections are obvious if/when you look close enough. I'm sure 99,8% of the people who sees your car for a short period of time won't be able to see the imperfections that you see, in it's current state.

Another thing to consider, why was it "thrown together" like this, is it just inexperience or did they simply want to get the car out of the shop? Or because you wanted it completed too quickly?
I mean, so many things are obviously wrong (trim, handles, lettering, panel gaps, etc. etc. etc.)

You can choose whatever path you want, but I'd have Benny fix the paint imperfections that he has already promised to do, but I'd let someone else (WITH coupe-experience) sort out all the rest.
I'm pretty sure Benny don't want to try and fix the rest of the issues, or you'll end up having the car in the shop for a looong time since he/they are simply tired of trying to fix it.

And the last thing, I really hope you have solid proof that @restart had anything to do with this before you wrote your last post, because there are many members here that sympathizes with Benny in this, so it really could have been anybody. And really, you shouldn't post videos on an open forum that are so sensitive...

tmason

Reaction score
I think I'll give Benny a call to see when he can get my e9 in? Just kidding.
Hope all works out ok Scotty and one thing for sure you have the longest thread on the forum and (I think) this is my 1st posting? I haven't really looked at any of the video's to see the issues but bodywork is for sure an art form (one reason all my cars are white and will always be white is they look clean even when dirty).

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Should have had your friend inspect the paint before they assembled everything.

A lot easier to cut/buff BERORE all the trim is on too.

You got quite a list of things to do. Were ALL the items on it stuff he agreed to do?

One thing your friend kept saying was "$25k paint job." I don't think that's accurate. THat included paint, body, rust repair, and assembly and disassembly.

As aforementioned, one can spent $50k EASILY on JUST a paint job w/no body repair work on a show car.

Nonetheless, paint issues do need to be addressed.

Clearguard is a MUST on any front lower valence/air dam unless you don't plan on driving it.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott,

Before you start calling out the forum, and specific users too boot, take some responsibility for the video that YOU recorded and posted. Did you forget that you posted the video publicly on facebook, which has over 2 billion active users? The forum has been nothing but cautionary, helpful, and patient with you. You should direct your frustrations appropriately. Coming from someone like myself who posts new messages every day and has very transparent build threads and FS listings, you don't NEED to post every detail of your business interactions with Benny.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmwe9/

facebook.png

Last edited:

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score

You got quite a list of things to do. Were ALL the items on it stuff he agreed to do?

One thing your friend kept saying was "$25k paint job." I don't think that's accurate. THat included paint, body, rust repair, and assembly and disassembly.

As aforementioned, one can spent $50k EASILY on JUST a paint job w/no body repair work on a show car.

Clearguard is a MUST on any front lower valence/air dam unless you don't plan on driving it.

See below, ALL CAPS, not yelling

YOU MAY RECALL THAT I DID TRY TO COMMENT ON THE QUALITY OF THE PAINT WHEN IT WAS DONE, BUT BENNY DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR IT. HE SIMPLY SAID THAT I WOULD HAVE A CHANCE TO TELL HIM ABOUT THE ISSUES WHEN HE WAS DONE, AND UNTIL THEN HOLD MY COMMENTS. SEVERAL OF YOU HERE IN THIS FORUM, THE SAME ONES I SUSPECT THAT HAVE ISSUES WITH ME KNOW, TOLD ME TO SHUT UP THEN AND DO NOTHING.

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE, BUT I WAS FOLLOWING BENNY'S LEAD.

THE LIST MAY LOOK LONG BUT IT WAS ALL AGREED TO AND ALL RELATED TO PAINT WORK OR WHAT WAS AGREED. WHAT SPECIFICALLY ON LIST IS UNREASONABLE.

AGREED, AND I MADE THAT CLEAR TO HIM WHEN OFF CAMERA AND ON, OR SO I THOUGHT. HE KNEW THAT. BUT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THE ISSUES I HAD WITH THE IMPERFECTIONS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE QUALITY OF THE PAINT JOB OR THE COST, BUT RATHER WHETHER IT WAS PROPERLY BUFFED/CUT AND SANDED TO REMOVE THE RAISED SPOTS THROUGHOUT. PAYING MORE WOULD NOT HAVE PREVENTED THAT. WHAT IT COMES DOWN TO IMO IS THAT THEY RUSHED THE REASSEMBLY, WHEN I WAS OUT OF TOWN, AND DIDN'T PROPERLY BUFF/CUT, ETC. BEFORE HANDING ME THE CAR. INSTEAD, BENNY SAID "I KNOW YOU WILL A LONG LIST. THAT'S THE WAY THIS GOES. TAKE THE CAR, MAKE YOUR LIST, AND WE WILL TAKE CARE OF IT AND MAKE IT RIGHT. THE PROBLEM HERE IMO IS SIMPLY SOMEONE FROM THIS FORUM SHARED THE VIDEO WITH HIM AND IT GOT HIM UPSET. HE WAS NOT UPSET UNTIL THAT MOMENT AND WHEN HE LOOKED AT THE AREAS OF CONCERN, HE SAID HE COULD AND PLANNED TO FIX THEM ALL. SO THANK YOU FROM THIS FORUM FOR STICKING YOUR NOSE IN MY BUSINESS...

I DID'T PAY FOR NOR GET A $50K PAINT JOB. BUT I DID EXPECT REASONABLY TO GET A PAINT JOB THAT YOU COULD NOT SEE MULTIPLE FISHEYES FROM 4 FEET AWAY. IF YOU SAW THE CAR IN PERSON, YOU WOULD SAY THE SAME THING. I'M HAPPY TO UPLOAD MORE HI-RES IMAGES OF THE REALLY PROBLEMATIC AREAS IF YOU'D LIKE. A $50K PAINT JOB HAS MULTIPLE MORE LAYERS OF PAINT/BASE/ETC. THEY DID EXCEPTIONAL PREP WORK BUT THE FINAL WORK NEEDED MORE EYES.

YES, THEY DO.

WILL DO. THANKS.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott,

Before you start calling out the forum, and specific users too boot, take some responsibility for the video that YOU recorded and posted. Did you forget that you posted the video publicly on facebook, which has over 2 billion active users? The forum has been nothing but cautionary, helpful, and patient with you. You should direct your frustrations appropriately. Coming from someone like myself who posts new messages every day and has very transparent build threads and FS listings, you don't NEED to post every detail of your business interactions with Benny.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmwe9/

View attachment 49304

Benny was only concerned and aware of the video that had my friend Mike in it, not this one. This video is just me going around the car in a very constructive manner. I elected not to share this with Benny, although it was made for him only, and couched for him. I just deleted that post. The other one with my friend Mike was ONLY posted here, not on Facebook, so I am certain that someone from here shared it with him. It was unlisted on Youtube. I thought this forum was private and required some application when I joined, so wasn't worried about talking freely. To be clear, throughout this process, despite some issues, I have always talked positively about Benny, even when many of you guys thought he didn't know what he was doing. Just because Facebook has 2 billion active users doesn't mean that things in private forums on Facebook, like the e9 group on facebook, are shown to 2 billion people. Moreover, never in that video did I provide any personally identifiable information about Benny. Lastly, I watched the video in issue yet again, and frankly found nothing wrong with it. Benny asked me to find the flaws and mark them, and I did so.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott,

Can you imagine how many hours it would take for them to go over and fix everything on that checklist?
This is what happens when a shop tries to restore (mini-restore in this case) a car that they have no previous knowledge or experience of.

I fully understand that Benny wants you to keep paying him for fixing all those issues, except the paint issues, maybe.
I paid a little less than you for my paint, and my car would be covered in tape if I were to put some next to every imperfection, as I previously said, I didn't pay $20-30k+ so I can't expect a flawless paint.
I know you don't want to hear it, but it's just not reasonable to pay $8k and expect it to be very-close-to-perfect, or as you call it, no obvious visible imperfections... The thing is, all imperfections are obvious if/when you look close enough. I'm sure 99,8% of the people who sees your car for a short period of time won't be able to see the imperfections that you see, in it's current state.

Another thing to consider, why was it "thrown together" like this, is it just inexperience or did they simply want to get the car out of the shop? Or because you wanted it completed too quickly?
I mean, so many things are obviously wrong (trim, handles, lettering, panel gaps, etc. etc. etc.)

You can choose whatever path you want, but I'd have Benny fix the paint imperfections that he has already promised to do, but I'd let someone else (WITH coupe-experience) sort out all the rest.
I'm pretty sure Benny don't want to try and fix the rest of the issues, or you'll end up having the car in the shop for a looong time since he/they are simply tired of trying to fix it.

And the last thing, I really hope you have solid proof that @restart had anything to do with this before you wrote your last post, because there are many members here that sympathizes with Benny in this, so it really could have been anybody. And really, you shouldn't post videos on an open forum that are so sensitive...

see below, ALL CAPS response, not yelling

Scott,

YES, I CAN. THE CHECKLIST MAY APPEAR LONG, BUT EVERYTHING ON IT WAS WITHIN SCOPE, WITH MAYBE A MINOR EXCEPTION. JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE LOTS OF WORDS, DOESN'T MEAN IT WAS OUT OF SCOPE OR WOULD TAKE LONG TO DO. PLEASE POINT ME TO ITEMS SPECIFICALLY THAT YOU FEEL WOULD TAKE LONG AND/OR WERE OUT OF SCOPE.

I DISAGREE ENTIRELY. MY ISSUE HAS LITTLE TO DO WITH E9 SPECIFIC THINGS BUT RATHER GETTING A CAR BACK WITH DIRT? UNDER PAINT THAT SHOULD NOT BE THERE OR THAT WAS NOT FULLY BUFFED/CUT. YES, THERE WERE SOME ISOLATED E9 ISSUES, BUT FOR THE MOST PART THE ISSUE IS SIMPLY DELIVERING A CAR BACK TO A CUSTOMER THAT WASN'T DONE AND ASKING THE CUSTOMER TO POINT OUT FLAWS.

AGAIN, BE SPECIFIC. WHAT SHOULD I PAY HIM FOR THAT WASN'T COMTEMPLATED. THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION. ANY TIME BENNY ASKED FOR MORE MONEY, WHICH HE DID OFTEN AS SCOPE INCREASED, WITHOUT ARGUMENT OR NEGOTIATION I PAID HIM. IN FACT, I EVEN OFFER TO PAY HIM MUCH MORE TO COMPLETE THE BUMPER MODIFICATIONS EVEN THOUGH THAT WAS PART OF THE ORIG SCOPE, BUT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO DO.

THERE ARE MANY CLEAR PARTICLES OF DIRT/DUST THROUGHOUT. I AM CERTAIN THAT YOU WOULD NOT EXPECT THAT. MY CAR DIDN'T HAVE THESE TO BEGIN WITH. WOULD YOU LIKE HI-RES IMAGES WHERE YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THEM? THE MINOR ONES I AM CERTAIN WILL COME OUT READILY WITH BUFF/CUT THAT HASN'T OCCURRED YET PROPERLY PER BENNY FOR REASONS I AM NOT SURE OF.

TRUST ME, THE SEVERAL ISSUES, BUT NOT MOST, ARE SO APPARENT THEY WOULD BOTHER YOU IMMENSELY. NOT ALL ARE LIKE THAT. AGAIN, THE CAR IN THE ORIG CONDITION WHEN I BOUGHT IT AND DELIVERED TO BENNY HAD NO VISIBLE IMPERFECTIONS OTHER THAN THOSE CAUSED BY RUST. I WAS HOPING TO ACHIEVE THAT LEVEL OF PAINT.

AS YOU CAN SEE BY THE MULTIPLE VIDEOS ESPECIALLY TOWARDS THE END, I OFTEN SAID TAKE YOUR TIME TO DO IT RIGHT. I AM NOT SURE WHY IT WAS "THROWN TOGETHER" AS YOU SAY OR WHY BENNY DIDN'T FINISH CUT/BUFFING IT BEFORE GIVING IT TO ME. YOU'D HAVE TO ASK BENNY THAT.

YES.

PLEASE IDENTIFY PRECISELY WHAT THINGS IN PARTICULAR REQUIRE "COUPE" EXPERIENCE TO FIX THAT HE IS INCAPABLE OF FIXING. WHENEVER I ASKED BENNY ABOUT HIS COMFORT LEVEL WORKING ON THIS CAR, HE WOULD POINT TO THE MULTIPLE CARS AROUND ME AND REMIND ME OF THE PORSCHE 356's HAS DONE, ETC. THAT I HAVE SEEN AND TELL ME IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.
FRANKLY, IF BENNY FIXES WHAT HE CAN AND GIVES IT BACK TO ME, I WOULD BE HAPPY TO GET IT DONE RIGHT ELSEWHERE, BUT IF I WERE HIM, I SURE WOULD WANT TO FIX THINGS RIGHT AND GET A HAPPY CUSTOMER. AGAIN, I HAVE SHOWED THE VEHICLE TO SEVERAL PEOPLE I TRUST HERE IN TOWN THAT ARE FAMILIAR WITH SHOW AND NORMAL QUALITY PAINT WORK, AND ALL OF THEM SAID FOR WHAT I PAID FOR THE PAINT WORK ALONE, THEY WOULD EXPECT THESE ISSUES BE RESOLVED WITHOUT COMPLAINING.

I DON'T HAVE SOLID PROOF BUT SUSPICIONS BASED UPON HIS COMMENTS ABOUT MY EGO AND BEING BOTHERED THAT I DON'T USE MY HANDS TO DO STUFF MYSELF AND INSTEAD HIRE SOMEONE TO DO THINGS FOR ME WHEN I CAN DO SO. I MAY BE WRONG, BUT I WILL ULTIMATELY FIND OUT AS I AM CERTAIN BENNY AND I ULTIMATELY WILL HAVE A BIG LAUGH OVER ALL THIS EVENTUALLY OVER A BEER WHEN I DO A VIDEO FOR HIM SHOWING JUST HOW GREAT A JOB HE DID AND HOW HAPPY I AM, WHICH I FULLY INTEND ON DOING WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE. THEN HE WILL TELL ME WHO SENT HIM THAT VIDEO WITH THE GOAL OF JUST STIRRING THINGS UP. IF IT WASN'T @restart, THEN I WILL APOLOGIZE TO HIM AND EXPOSE THE PERSON IT WAS. BENNY WILL ULTIMATELY TELL ME. I AM SURE OF THAT.

I AM CONFIDENT BENNY WILL MAKE THIS RIGHT. IN RETROSPECT, I SHOULD NOT HAVE PAID HIM THE FINAL PAYMENT WHEN HE ASKED AND INSTEAD TOLD HIM I WOULD PAY HIM WHEN HE IS DONE. LIVE AND LEARN. I HAVE CONFIDENCE ALL WILL BE WELL IN THE END, BUT IT WILL BE PAINFUL GETTING THERE, THANKS TO @restart OR ? BUT I WILL FIND OUT. THANKS, AND NEXT TIME MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I recommend that you spend more time understanding how internet forums and groups work before posting sensitive content.

Benny was only concerned and aware of the video that had my friend Mike in it, not this one. This video is just me going around the car in a very constructive manner. I elected not to share this with Benny, although it was made for him only, and couched for him. I just deleted that post.

I figured you would do that which is why I took a screenshot.

I thought this forum was private and required some application when I joined, so wasn't worried about talking freely.

Every link and comment you post on e9coupe.com is public (except for private messages).

Just because Facebook has 2 billion active users doesn't mean that things in private forums on Facebook, like the e9 group on facebook, are shown to 2 billion people.

Every link and comment that you post on the facebook e9 group is public and searchable via tags and keywords across facebook. It is reasonable to assume that after time facebook will associate your posts to a Benny's search if someone tags Benny's on your post. FYI - I am not a member of the group, which is why it asks me to join...

facebook2.png

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
responses inside of your quote

I recommend that you spend more time understanding how internet forums and groups work before posting sensitive content.

I figured you would do that which is why I took a screenshot.

NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO PROVE HERE?? YOU TOOK A SCREENSHOT TO PROVE WHAT??? I DELETED IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO ADD FURTHER FLAMES TO A FIRE, BUT APPARENTLY THAT WAS YOUR INTENT? I AM CONFUSED.

Every link and comment you post on e9coupe.com is public (except for private messages).

I THOUGHT APPARENTLY INCORRECTLY THAT WHEN I JOINED THIS GROUP THAT I HAD TO APPLY TO POST, I DIDN'T REALIZE OTHERS COULD VIEW CONTENT WITHOUT JOINING, BUT IN ANY CASE NOT SURE IT MATTERS MUCH. THERE IS NOTHING MY FRIEND OR I SAID IN THAT VIDEO THAT WAS UNTRUE.

Every link and comment that you post on the facebook e9 group is public and searchable via tags and keywords across facebook. It is reasonable to assume that after time facebook will associate your posts to a Benny's search if someone tags Benny's on your post. FYI - I am not a member of the group, which is why it asks me to join...

BENNY DOESN'T HAVE INTERNET VISIBILITY FOR HIS SHOP WHICH IS STILL LISTED AS BEING IN TWIN FALLS ON FACEBOOK. TO BE CLEAR, IT IS MY INTENT TO SCREAM FROM THE TOP OF MY LUNGS WITH HASHTAGS AND INFORMATION THAT IS SEARCHABLE TELLING THE WORLD HOW AWESOME BENNY IS. THAT WAS ALWAYS MY INTENT. HOWEVER, IT COULD GO THE OTHER WAY TOO I SUPPOSE....

View attachment 49305

Last edited:

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Since someone, @restart ?, will be sending everything to Gary from this forum, this is the email I sent to Gary:

------
Since I imagine your spy in the forum will send this to you, I thought I would share it with you directly. This is the post I just put up. I really hope we can get past this and both be happy. I am truly sorry that you were upset by me posting that video, but know that it was not widely viewed (less than 20 views) and in a private forum. Please let me know if you require any more explanation on the list or the taped areas. Please let me know urgently if you need any parts.

I hope to get past this, and sincerely apologize for upsetting you. That was NOT my intention at all. I will call/contact you on Friday to get an idea when the work will be completed.

To be clear, my intention is to be very happy with the results of your work, understanding it is not a frame off restoration, and expect to record a final PUBLIC video explaining how happy I am with the finished product that will serve as incredible marketing for you.

Scott

PS: Although I watched the video with Mike in it again and didn't find anything particularly offense given that you asked me to review the car carefully and point out any issues understanding that you expected them since you hadn't completed buffing/cutting, out of courtesy, I removed the video from Youtube, and I intend to create one once you complete the work singing your praises as I have done in so many others to date.

Here is an example of my typical post btw:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmwe9/permalink/1523680297777170/

"FINALLY!!!! Benny says I can pick it up on Monday am!!!! Almost done. Got final numbers/bill. Not bad. All-in, about $25k (PLUS $10K+ IN PARTS), which is more than the $8500 original quote, but so much more done. A long video this time. Nothing earth shattering to watch. Benny and Gary are great guys. Thanks to all of you for your help in this process."

Below is the post....

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO PROVE HERE?? YOU TOOK A SCREENSHOT TO PROVE WHAT??? I DELETED IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO ADD FURTHER FLAMES TO A FIRE, BUT APPARENTLY THAT WAS YOUR INTENT? I AM CONFUSED.

I am not trying to prove anything and have no interest in fueling fires. Just capturing the relevant information. You are on the defense at the moment because of your engagement with Benny and things going awry. You have 70+ pages of helpful support, don't let the last 10 go to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.