The Raven e9 project

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The reproduced parts book from Carl Nelson just arrived. I feel so "in the know" now. :) Anyone need a part number?
20190412-orange parts book.jpg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice that they are now bound and easier to use. I refer to my originals all the time.

Attachments

• E7AE1415-4687-40E4-B842-08B3AA35BA6F.jpeg
    E7AE1415-4687-40E4-B842-08B3AA35BA6F.jpeg
    299.8 KB · Views: 199

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice that they are now bound and easier to use. I refer to my originals all the time.
I would have preferred the originals. Carl had one volume, but not the other. He also explained that this consolidated set that he reproduces is from the latest and most comprehensive capture from microfiche - shortly after which BMW started omitting data. We'll see...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
totally agree Chris ... i am still happy that you convinced me to sell my 2 binder reprints and buy the set from Murray. i look at them often

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Haven't been able to spend time on the Raven lately. But today I did spend just a few choice minutes. My seat rails have been stuck since I got the car. But with the recommendation of @Ajay I hosed the rails down with PB Blaster and waited a while. Then, I sat in the seat, pulled the lever and threw myself fore and aft. After about 2 full body convulsions, the seat started to move, and now adjusts freely. I'll call that progress. ;)

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello Paul, thanks for asking. The Raven is certainly not forgotten, but hasn't been getting much attention. The problem is, the car is about 2 hours from where I am most of the time. And it's hard to make any progress with that geography.

However, the Raven is getting a new nest. We are building a new, big garage right here at home. Construction should start in about 5 or 6 weeks. I'll have room for the Raven, my tools, a lift - but most important the convenience of being close by. I will start a thread of the garage construction soon.

Here's a pic of the Raven a week ago. Nothing more than a glorified shelf right now. :(
20190802_142833.jpg

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
me too had a (big) garage some miles away from my home ad a time.... not a good idea. Much better is at home , i can work in the garage and be on the PC within 10 sec's ;)

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ah yes. Talk about putting the cart before the horse, we haven't even broken ground but I have the new mesh wifi system so I can connect to the forum out there. You will all become part of the solution. ;)

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
However, the Raven is getting a new nest. We are building a new, big garage right here at home. Construction should start in about 5 or 6 weeks. I'll have room for the Raven, my tools, a lift - but most important the convenience of being close by. I will start a thread of the garage construction soon.

I very much look forward to your garage thread.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
isn't that what we all want ? :D
Well, no - I don't think so. For me, if I am building something (a building), I want it to be architectural and significant - because that's what I do. Unfortunately, I can't afford to build what I design for most of my clients. It's kind of a byproduct of the industry. But I am building a nice little roof to go over the entry door. I milled up the solid Douglas Fir brackets earlier this week and I finishing them up over the next week.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My wife has been cool to my first two Route 66 design cues :p :

View attachment 70857

View attachment 70858
Who could ask for more? Ethanol-free gas. Big bays with lifts. Discount Coffin Nails. Bring it on.

Stephen, your garage project is kind of like the upper middle-class suburb I lived in for a few years. The students' cars in the high school parking lot were much nicer and pricier than the teachers'. If A = B and B = C the conclusion we can draw from this syllogism is that teachers and architects are undervalued.