What did you do to your E9 today?

reedreed

Reaction score
I’m finally able to drive again this weekend!

Found that the front left brake rotor is rubbing with the caliper though. With some wiggling I got it to clear but starting to think maybe the hubs aren’t fully seated or something.

Ordered a fender roller to better clear the lower ride height.

More engine cleaning.

View attachment 133785
View attachment 133784
What camber plates are installed? Could you share a link for them?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Today I took out the trash. I used our garbage strike as an opportunity to weigh my e9. Backing out 220lbs for the driver, I came in at 2,845lbs. I’ll need to reconcile this with my understanding of CS weights.

Notes on the car… No trunk wood or interior tail trim. No chrome heckblende between the lights. No rear “door cards”. No spare tire. No rear seats, arm rests outside or center. No grab rail, no under dash trim. No center console or shift console . No wipers. No HL covers. No signal based or lenses. Probably missing 5lbs of sheetmetal due to rust and speaker holes. :D

Extra, I have one extra steel rear seat back/shelf in the car. Easy storage for the spare that will be used to repair the *** 5 *** rear speaker holes.

Huge lines due to garbage strike:
BC081FC9-32C0-410D-BF4A-0E00C2D43652.jpeg

Plenty of trunk space. I should have tossed the trunk trim but I didn’t think to dismount it.
5ABB334E-10E4-4A38-94E7-C6E369505B56.jpeg

Fitting home for my car. The city dump! :D
480501B4-334D-4065-B6DC-8D3407F58081.jpeg

The specs (1.53 tons). If any mathematicians out there wondering if I had over 200lbs in my trunk, the answer is no. I had two 5 gallon buckets of hardened concrete (latex paint) in the passenger area.
2E9F63C3-E640-4F26-844A-1CDC4A876371.jpeg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Markos 286 lb delta from the internet's e9 curb weight. You'd said you had some items (wood from trunk, etc) missing from the car. Any thought on where the rest of that weight went? I doubt the car could have rusted away that much weight. o_O

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Markos 286 lb delta from the internet's e9 curb weight. You'd said you had some items (wood from trunk, etc) missing from the car. Any thought on where the rest of that weight went? I doubt the car could have rusted away that much weight. o_O

It’s actually high for a 2800cs! Also,
this scale sees major weight. It doesn’t need to be accurate, it just needs to be consistent.

Forgot to mention I have manual windows.

OTOTOTO

Site Donor
Reaction score
What camber plates are installed? Could you share a link for them?
Camber plates are from Ground Control that came with my coil over set, but I think they sell ‘em separately. I have nothing but good things to say about Ground Control. Fast response and great quality. They did all he welding work and sent me extended threads that were needed for my cross car beam.

This week…fender rolling.

0EC3C8DE-2B5A-49A4-9AD0-D26578F8C975.jpeg

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Today I took out the trash.

(1) I’m sure you made everyone’s day at the dump.

(2) so refreshing to see something other than the normal beauty shots of concours winners and cringe-inducing rusty projects.

(3) great photo, calendar worthy

(4) next we need a Costco run with the trunk full of Charmin and 2 gigantic squishmallows in the back seat.

Attachments

• 22CEFBD0-8B12-4B5B-AFE3-2B38FA6DE60C.jpeg
    22CEFBD0-8B12-4B5B-AFE3-2B38FA6DE60C.jpeg
    431.7 KB · Views: 95

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Today I took out the trash. I used our garbage strike as an opportunity to weigh my e9. Backing out 220lbs for the driver, I came in at 2,845lbs. I’ll need to reconcile this with my understanding of CS weights.

Notes on the car… No trunk wood or interior tail trim. No chrome heckblende between the lights. No rear “door cards”. No spare tire. No rear seats, arm rests outside or center. No grab rail, no under dash trim. No center console or shift console . No wipers. No HL covers. No signal based or lenses. Probably missing 5lbs of sheetmetal due to rust and speaker holes. :D

Extra, I have one extra steel rear seat back/shelf in the car. Easy storage for the spare that will be used to repair the *** 5 *** rear speaker holes.

Huge lines due to garbage strike:

Plenty of trunk space. I should have tossed the trunk trim but I didn’t think to dismount it.

Fitting home for my car. The city dump! :D
View attachment 134181

The specs (1.53 tons). If any mathematicians out there wondering if I had over 200lbs in my trunk, the answer is no. I had two 5 gallon buckets of hardened concrete (latex paint) in the passenger area.
It runs ! (?)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It runs ! (?)

Ahh yes it has always run. I just don't drive it due to the poor condition of everthing. However, the engine pulls so well that I seriously wonder what was done to it when Loren owned it. Could just be that remarkable 2.8 motor, or the fact that the 3.0's that I've driven are all tired and unrestored. The ZF is super tight, makes no noise. First gear is pretty short and has me wondering what my CR would be like. :) The previous owner was big on synthetic oil. Surprisingly enough, I only had a small spot on floor that I wiped up with a single paper towel. The rear diff, or my CSI diff that was stored under the car is leaking however. I think it's the diff on the car however.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ahh yes it has always run. I just don't drive it due to the poor condition of everthing. However, the engine pulls so well that I seriously wonder what was done to it when Loren owned it. Could just be that remarkable 2.8 motor, or the fact that the 3.0's that I've driven are all tired and unrestored. The ZF is super tight, makes no noise. First gear is pretty short and has me wondering what my CR would be like. :) The previous owner was big on synthetic oil. Surprisingly enough, I only had a small spot on floor that I wiped up with a single paper towel. The rear diff, or my CSI diff that was stored under the car is leaking however. I think it's the diff on the car however.
Previous owner(s) and oil, did Bill's brother drive it much?

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did some pilates to get the fuse box disconnected, needed to get the wiring harness out of the car. What a crappy job. It's just above taking the underbody coat of with a wire wheel.

I do notice that all spades and connectors are really oxidation free; even shiny still. Didn't expect that, always heard gruesome stories of oxidized-beyond-hope fuse boxes on old english cars from a friend of mine.
German quality I think...

oh, and in the background you see why it is necessary; it needs some welding.

Attachments

• 20220119_234516.jpg
    20220119_234516.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 127

Java Man

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So here's a fun one (full disclosure it wasn't today, but a couple weeks ago). My daughter was home on Christmas break from the US Naval Academy where she is a Midshipman 3rd Class (sophomore). We drove the coupe out to a gorgeous twisty mountain road called Sunrise Highway, about an hour east of San Diego. I wanted to drive for the fun of it and to give Christie some lessons about driving a vintage 4 speed BMW on backroads. She was excited to do some real driving but also wanted to capture some cool photos to submit to an annual photo contest at the Naval Academy (hence my coupe with USNA Brigade Flag attached). She won first place in last year's contest with a drone shot of a Jeep out in the desert (see attached). To make a long story short, she didn't end up submitting the coupe photos, but we had a tremendous father-daughter bonding experience -- despite my white knuckles and near cardiac arrest. :oops: #ProudDad #GoNavy #BeatArmy
E9 w Brigade Flag.jpg
CAL taking E9 photo.jpgCAL Jeep.JPG
CAL taking E9 photo.jpg
CAL Jeep.JPG