i don't think you need a pro or a welder. it attaches like stock system

Attachments

• exhaust 2.jpg
    exhaust 2.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 145

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
I started to bled the brakes on my RHD dual braking system ,the entire system is new , a lot of air in those lines . I started l/rear thenr/rear then front l then R yet to do the boosters. I am just opening the bleeding nipple and let gravity take over , it takes quite a while , I do other things while this is happening. So many connections in the system I did ! have a number of leaks. I will go as far as I can with the gravity approach ,then go to the traditional pump the pedal and open the bledder. Hopefully done today.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
While waiting to take the car into the upholstery shop (now scheduled for January) I pulled the clutch master cylinder for a rebuild. While the interior was apart I noticed it was weeping and want to avoid soiling the new carpets soon to be installed.

I suspect it was original to the car (outlet configuration was the older style) and was a rusty, crusty mess. After dis-assembly I soaked it in vinegar for 24 hours and then neutralized in a baking soda bath, then wire brushed and brake cleaned the unit prior to re-assembly. Primer and paint, re-installation and bleeding and it is not weeping (that I can see), so I will count that as success.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yup, all the original heads do that. Mine had 2 fractures at 2 & 4 exhaust valves. Look for a 1986 or later head with drilled coolant passages.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
FInished my 2 month engine project:

Installed oil pump chain and sprocket, timing chain and sprocket (all NOS German from back in the day).
Installed new chain tensioner, slide rail, piston, and spring. Had to modify the new and crappy tensioner arm so that it meets the piston end squarely.
Of course all new gaskets (oil pan, upper and lower timing covers, valve cover).
New water pump (old stock German)
Valve adjustment
Installed my Coupeking transmission mount - damn that thing is both burly and an objet d'art. Highly recommended.
Adjusted float level on middle Weber, it was tipping in too early.

Drove it this am, good oil pressure and no more chain noise!

Now it will get a clean and detail, check the CSB alignment after the new mount, then lots of driving during the temperate weather here.