B931EEE5-FF5A-499E-892D-A49FC6FF961C.jpeg

Added sway bar from Mark Pepke.

Thanks, Mark!

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
41B6427C-FD63-485A-9BA3-3217F4C2DBD8.jpeg

Thanks, Chris…tighten and go!

A little yellow paint to track if things get loose.
Those axles are infamous for loosening.

RP

(Now if I can only get the megasquirt tuned-in.)

Barry.b

Reaction score
View attachment 141026
Thanks, Chris…tighten and go!

A little yellow paint to track if things get loose.
Those axles are infamous for loosening.

RP

(Now if I can only get the megasquirt tuned-in.)
Hi there
Your setup is super clean , someday, hopefully mine could be that nice !
Just a thought on the drive shafts / axels
Would it be a good idea to use some thread lock on them during assembly ?
F9850394-1B32-4338-91E5-0BD355FCDE0E.png

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Preparation for the trip to the Vintage included oil& filter + topping up brake fluid, coolant, Power steering fluid, and 134A freon.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I hope this isn't cheating... but this photo was taken about 100m (and 48 hours) from the last one. A couple friends wanted to go on a drive this morning before grabbing some donuts and coffee. And, this road just doesn't fail to entertain.
IMG_1554.JPG

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
I hope this isn't cheating... but this photo was taken about 100m (and 48 hours) from the last one. A couple friends wanted to go on a drive this morning before grabbing some donuts and coffee. And, this road just doesn't fail to entertain.
View attachment 141173
Somehow I’m drawn to the older cars. The new Porsche just doesn't get my attention at all. Your car looks spectacular! It ticks all the boxes for me

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Painted the plastic chrome vertical pieces of the fender grills flat black. I never liked seeing those parts since I changed from black to chrome. After seeing how nice Chris' work turned out,it was time to paint my own with Rustoleum regular paint and a fine brush.

Attachments

• IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 120

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Painted the plastic chrome vertical pieces of the fender grills flat black. I never liked seeing those parts since I changed from black to chrome. After seeing how nice Chris' work turned out,it was time to paint my own with Rustoleum regular paint and a fine brush.
I totally need to do this - looks great

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Packed and loaded to drive to the Vintage 2022. First a stop at the Ark. I figure if it will make it that far, then it should make it all the way. Plan is to go tandem mountain biking in Knoxville tomorrow on the way there.
Wow, I forget just how long tandems can be until I see them with added perspective like this. Good thing it's a bicycle built for two, because that looks like a two-person job.

Curious about your roof rack mounts - I noticed that you used mounts that rest on the roof rather than the towers that sit in the window gutters. Any particular reason for this?

Midwestbike

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thes
Wow, I forget just how long tandems can be until I see them with added perspective like this. Good thing it's a bicycle built for two, because that looks like a two-person job.

Curious about your roof rack mounts - I noticed that you used mounts that rest on the roof rather than the towers that sit in the window gutters. Any particular reason for this?
These are the vintage gutter rail mounts from Thule. They use the gutter rail and the roof as support. I honestly don’t know when I got them but I have had them for over 30 years when had used them with my VW golf and the 2002 from a long time ago. The tandem is long and unwieldy but the front swings out and so it is not too bad to load.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thes

These are the vintage gutter rail mounts from Thule. They use the gutter rail and the roof as support. I honestly don’t know when I got them but I have had them for over 30 years when had used them with my VW golf and the 2002 from a long time ago. The tandem is long and unwieldy but the front swings out and so it is not too bad to load.
Impressive, with all that weight behind the center of the rack I can't help imagining it not ripping the gutters off on a bump or 2.

Midwestbike

Site Donor
Reaction score
Impressive, with all that weight behind the center of the rack I can't help imagining it not ripping the gutters off on a bump or 2.
It only about 55 or so pounds and hasn’t been an issue and if had two kayaks and a bike between. . Might not have been my smartest move but it did work when I moved from Fort Wayne to Danville a few years ago.