What did you do to your E9 today?

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
E4034A3A-A4FA-4F55-9A75-320E0A18355E.jpeg

Drove the car for about one hour and then captured the fall colors in the backdrop of the parking lot.

RP

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I bet there are so many things to get dialed in with such an extensive and major rebuild. Is it starting to feel well sorted now?
Somewhat. Surprisingly, engine power and compression and the driveline and balance and tires and alignment and exhaust and gearbox and brakes and power windows and sunroof and lights and no leaks...all good.

Final engine tuning is the big one. Then, fuel gauge (low fuel light stays on), blower motor, odometer (speed works, but it is 10% optimistic), seat controls (again), power steering box leak, miscellaneous interior leather "lifting", window air leaks (a never ending battle). Maybe a spring rubber in the rear to bring it up 1/4".

Air conditioner...likely, never.

Thanks for asking!

RP

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Somewhat. Surprisingly, engine power and compression and the driveline and balance and tires and alignment and exhaust and gearbox and brakes and power windows and sunroof and lights and no leaks...all good.
Raise a glass to pleasant surprises! Also, given the care that it looks like you've put into it, maybe not so much of a surprise. Congrats, and good luck with the window air leaks. My car is also lacking A/C so I'm considering those leaks part of the A/C system for now.

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Raise a glass to pleasant surprises! Also, given the care that it looks like you've put into it, maybe not so much of a surprise. Congrats, and good luck with the window air leaks. My car is also lacking A/C so I'm considering those leaks part of the A/C system for now.
Thank you.

RP

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Got some nice accessories.

Attachments

• IMG_4964.jpg
    IMG_4964.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4965.jpg
    IMG_4965.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4968.jpg
    IMG_4968.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4966.jpg
    IMG_4966.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 132

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Got some nice accessories.
it is very nice, it is really nice touch, how would think about that, but I have this box in my trunk check the picture, but I will copy you

Attachments

• 20221030_125019.jpg
    20221030_125019.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 120

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
While driving home at 10:30 PM from the Boat/Car show Friday night, my headlights went out on the darkest part of the interstate. I used my high beam flasher and 20 W city lights ( I use them as daytime running lights) to drive the 12 miles home. Today we found the spade terminal in the block next to the flasher relay had come loose. Now the car is ready for the 500-mile trip to Hilton Head, SC for LOTA-East.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Finished 2 more exhaust mount reinforcements, as discussed previously the ones from BMW are shite and separate within days of enlistment. Each one has 2 hex screws, reinforcement plates for the rubber sides, washers, and lock nuts. Still room inside for the rubber to compress from bumps.

6B8FF8D8-1FBF-438A-B09E-6400B8F428AA.jpeg
B3DE953C-6521-4B80-BCA1-2E504693948D.jpeg

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i knew the ones from W+N were crap, but i didn't think they were actual BMW. i used ones from BMW when we put the new exhaust on ... might be circling back to this thread before too long

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Today I re-introduced my heater to my cooling system. Had been disconnected about a year while I had the unit out and rebuilt it, new Bowden cables, new foam on all flaps, rebuilt heater core, new seals, and so on. Then, I installed my heater delete hose to keep the extra heat out of the cabin during summer. Now that days are 5C, really missed heat. Re-connection took 10 minutes, all sliders and cables function as new! Toasty toes again! ;)
tempImagebklALs.png

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Just for shits and giggles, remember tweeters are directional, hence their placement up in the a-pillar region on most modern cars. If your not happy with the high frequency results, they do make some generic a pillar tweeter mounts... Just a thought.