What did you do to your E9 today?

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Decuincey,

Must say spring where you live looks a lot like summer over here.

Very nice pictures.

kurtd

Site Donor
Reaction score
Went for a drive today in the CS to try out the new tires I had installed on the 16" Alpinas. Selected the Continental Extreme Contact DW. A nice upgrade from the 14 year old Yokohama all season tires. Very happy with the results

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
done some metal work

in the ongoing process; trial fitted the right front floor panel that is nearly finished.

It is a W&Neesch panel, with all but one original depressions copied.
it still needs a ridge in the front, as per attached 3rd image.

Attachments

• 20160402_235147-01.jpg
    20160402_235147-01.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 20160329_220913.jpg
    20160329_220913.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 202
  • floor right front e9 from Larssen architects.jpg
    floor right front e9 from Larssen architects.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 226

viphoto

Reaction score
Replaced a couple of tired Weber 32/36's with new pair of 38/38's....WOW what a difference...The 3.5 likes these carbs a lot better..Definitely spinning the tires a lot more getting used to 4 barrels opening at once vs the 2.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Had the metal valve stems installed. Two of the rubber stems would get pushed in just when adding air. Scary. Got the OEM parts and finally solved this issue.

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Throttle cable conversion finished and successful.
Also heard from my engine re conditioner, progress being made on new M30B35
Lots of goodies going into this engine, will hopefully make something like 260HP when all done.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Unfortunately nothing today as I'm in Dayton Ohio traveling with my '73 2002Tii, Vern. Drove Athena home from VSR on April 20th, disconnected the battery and pushed her under the M3 on the lift.

Any coupers in the Dayton area? :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_1837.jpg
    IMG_1837.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 166

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Discovered that my recently replaced viscous fan clutch had failed in the locked position so while out of town yet another replacement arrived, got off the plane and went right at it. Unfortunately I have yanked the radiator/fan clutch assembly so many times that I can do the replacement in 3 hours including repainting radiator and detailing the 9 blade fan. A job I hate because the smell of coolant makes me feel sick.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Discovered that my recently replaced viscous fan clutch had failed in the locked position so while out of town yet another replacement arrived, got off the plane and went right at it. Unfortunately I have yanked the radiator/fan clutch assembly so many times that I can do the replacement in 3 hours including repainting radiator and detailing the 9 blade fan. A job I hate because the smell of coolant makes me feel sick.

On my second in 3 years. Hate the smell of coolant too.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Hmmm, my radiator has been clogged for probably two years and I only noticed it when I drove the car to work and came back during rush hour. Now it has Don's aluminum radiator and the viscous clutch instead of the fixed 5 blade. Is this progress? Who knows.

Many other little things were done since the beginning of the year that are definitely progress.

Attachments

• aluminum.jpg
    aluminum.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 191

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Same setup in mine Arde. Made a world of difference.

Sure, Don showed a 100 degree drop before and after, but that is over a clogged radiator system.

Whether 5 blades at unlimited RPMs push more or less air than 9 blades with a clutch who knows.

Steve's experience with the clutch is what prompted my second guessing...

The real benefit is that I now have the confidence to have my son (or other people that oblivious to temperature gauges) drive the car especially in the summer.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mine was not overheating, just noisy at higher rpms when it should be disengaging a little. It was locked on 100% of time no matter the ambient temp or rpm.

Steve's experience with the clutch is what prompted my second guessing...

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just put on a new set of tires for the drive west to Monterey. Went with 205/60/15 BF Goodrich.