What did you do to your E9 today?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
for those seeking trap mirrors ... they have been NLA for a long time. there are several places to buy reproductions. and the repros are pretty good. if you find an original one, probably best to take it apart and have it polished + put a new piece of glass in it.

for me, i prefer the visibility of the flag mirrors ... i just can't see well enough out of the trap. i wish i had asked my painter to fill the holes on my driver door and move the mirror farther forward (slightly) to improve the rear view. i have brand new BMW flags to install on the car ... and a spare set in case anything happens to them.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
So today I installed my De-humidifier in my garage. As I turned it on RH was at 47%…I will check again later and see how much closer it is to the 30% target the De-humidifier is set to.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Totally agree that flags are more practical , if visibility weren’t so good out of an e9 I wouldn’t consider changing back, I just prefer the look of traps.

for those seeking trap mirrors ... they have been NLA for a long time. there are several places to buy reproductions. and the repros are pretty good. if you find an original one, probably best to take it apart and have it polished + put a new piece of glass in it.

for me, i prefer the visibility of the flag mirrors ... i just can't see well enough out of the trap. i wish i had asked my painter to fill the holes on my driver door and move the mirror farther forward (slightly) to improve the rear view. i have brand new BMW flags to install on the car ... and a spare set in case anything happens to them.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
The ridged one - mounted

So "The ridged one - mounted" = the NOS original?

Just took a pic of mine…do you know what this is then?

IMG_2480.jpeg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’ve never seen one like that, looks like a custom job over the later style pistol grip or one from a later model. Perhaps others know. Yes ridged is original style.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the one i am referring to is a tailored fit over the handle itself ... doesn't really cover the arm.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’ve never seen one like that, looks like a custom job over the later style pistol grip or one from a later model. Perhaps others know. Yes ridged is original style.

Almost certainly a leather wrap over the hand brake...... custom job from PO.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What’s does PO mean?

1. Previous owner......
2. Correct, plain and simple....
3. see pic, not this best shots but will give you the idea. All you have to do is remove the wrap.....

Attachments

• D68B85A8-3808-4D87-A7D4-034C7F7E9875.jpeg
    D68B85A8-3808-4D87-A7D4-034C7F7E9875.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 156
  • B2689D49-2E0D-4CBF-9002-75A906888B0A.jpeg
    B2689D49-2E0D-4CBF-9002-75A906888B0A.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 152

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lorelei got new shoes and socks 'installed' this week. So, she wanted to see how they felt. I fortunately had a camera so I could record her pleasure with them.

And, I have decided I'll be selling 'her' sometime in the not too distant future. IF you know anyone who is looking for a car with special provenance (driven ~ 15K miles in the past 35 years, with over $80K being spent on restoration and mechanical upgrades during that time). File of documents with records dating back to the second owners purchase in 1977 etc. As rust free as any e9 could be without having anything done to the body in the past 25 years! I can supply lots of pictures and a pretty full summary via email to anyone who'd like to investigate 'next caretaker' status. For further info, send me a conversation with your direct email address.

Cheers,

Gary Knox
3.0 CS sale pix 108.JPG
3.0 CS sale pix 102.JPG

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
So decided to try out Griots Best In Show detailer (https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/best+of+show+detailer.do), give the glass a clean, and the interior a vacuum.

Thought is would only take an hour but 4 hours later I was done!

Before and after pics…maybe it's just a tiny bit shinier (the building reflection is much clearer now anyway). Not too bad for 44 year old paint.

IMG_2489.jpeg
IMG_2492.jpeg

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Busy day today for NEW and I. Attended an event at a BOXD (http://boxdldn.com/). Few classics there. Got some good info on detailing options for my car.

Then to my mechanics where we fixed windscreen washer (once and for all), bled the brakes and fixed the tilt mechanism in the passenger door.

Busy but enjoyable day.
48EB6460-14FE-477B-BBF3-8A0917D00F39.jpeg
BAD8CEB4-4EBC-4EA4-AC5B-1281306C332E.jpeg
7BCEC978-671B-48DE-972B-FBD28D3D33BA.jpeg
9408193A-4FAE-4B75-B3BB-F1634A9D34BB.jpeg
7B708756-A977-4B10-82A5-20490413664B.jpeg

Last edited: