What did you do to your E9 today?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I did the taillight chrome tape project. This and the LED’s ought to be quite an improvement. Also cleaned and de-oxed all connectors and re-tensioned the bulb contacts. I used a wrap from Amazon that has an adhesive on the back and a clear vinyl film on front. Once you have the piece in place and all bubbles out, then you remove the vinyl which protects the shiny part. I did the reflectors in 2-3 strips each, it makes applying onto the deep curves much easier.

Before:

View attachment 148148

After:

View attachment 148149

Nicely done! I did that a few years go now with aluminum tape & it made huge difference with incandescents.

Driver side Before.jpg
Driver side After.jpg
Driver side.jpg

CTD

Reaction score
Nicely done! I did that a few years go now with aluminum tape & it made huge difference with incandescents.

View attachment 148157View attachment 148155View attachment 148159
Nice work! I recently found a company locally which (I don't know the english pronunciation) "vapors chrome" on all sorts of materials, plastics, wood,... I went there to check their work and it is amazing.

They told me all parts with a chrome look that are not metallic use the proces they use.

Not cheap. They asked 500eur for all the lenses in my taillights.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I pulled the pump and got a "whoosh"
i guess this is a vane type pump where, depending on where rotation stops, it blocks forward flow. So, put it after your anti backflow valve and plumb it in parallel with a bypass. This will allow the front pump to draw directly from the tank when the pierburg is off.

Guess that’s a small adv. of a plunger type (ex. Those cheap Facet cubes)

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve decided to keep the warm glow incandescent bulbs for the interior overhead light and try LED’s for the trunk and engine compartment lights for added brightness there. I will experiment with the license plate ones, if they look too weird with LED’s I’ll keep them old school as well.
I installed the LED white bulbs in the glove compartment, trunk, and engine bay for better lighting in a dark environment. The rest of the bulbs are like yours--OG incandescent.

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
Taking a small liberty, yesterday we took our 72CSi on roughly hour drive to and back from wonderful Sunday brunch, then today I detailed it and tucked it away. Since getting it back from an 11 month mechanical refresh about a year ago, it’s been an absolute dream. AC in particular manages to keep us cool even in the Florida September heat.
87B5DE75-CA91-4A71-9578-5203755BABCF.jpeg

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Bought the e9 a new play mate. Factory manual zinnobar 635 with black Recaros. Ex demo car then bought by a company director who used it till 2001 and its been parked in a garage ever since. Original down to the factory wheel locks, with the only addition being the obligatory car phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20220919_182753.jpg
    IMG_20220919_182753.jpg
    511.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20220919_182810.jpg
    IMG_20220919_182810.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20220919_183525.jpg
    IMG_20220919_183525.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20220919_155508.jpg
    IMG_20220919_155508.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 108

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
David Masi has repaired and corrected quite a few parts & wiring on my car that were not to the original specs. This time he replaced a worn-out gear housing in the right rear window along with a rubber stop. We also hope that the power steering pump will no longer leak with a new front sealing nut that Jay Stratton has sourced. The old nut had fluid around it as evidence it was leaking. This is worth doing as opposed to removing the pump for a rebuild. To be continued....
The photo is from the driver's side. While installing the carpet,we found the old vapor barrier was long gone. The gear housing is just above the motor.

Attachments

• IMG_1767.jpg
    IMG_1767.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 107

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Taking a small liberty, yesterday we took our 72CSi on roughly hour drive to and back from wonderful Sunday brunch, then today I detailed it and tucked it away. Since getting it back from an 11 month mechanical refresh about a year ago, it’s been an absolute dream. AC in particular manages to keep us cool even in the Florida September heat. View attachment 148729
Beautiful car cover, where did you buy it?

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Taking a small liberty, yesterday we took our 72CSi on roughly hour drive to and back from wonderful Sunday brunch, then today I detailed it and tucked it away. Since getting it back from an 11 month mechanical refresh about a year ago, it’s been an absolute dream. AC in particular manages to keep us cool even in the Florida September heat. View attachment 148729
Very nice car cover where did you buy this from

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan special ordered these with the logos etc as a favor to the forum. He has said they come from the Cover Company, I bought a plain one last year from them and they are excellent quality. They have different options available, mine does not have the mirror pockets but still fits perfectly. It is the "Fitted BMW Car Cover - Indoor Silver Range"

Last edited:

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
Dan special ordered these with the logos etc as a favor to the forum. He has said they come from the Cover Company, I bought a plain one last year from them and they are excellent quality. They have different options available, mine does not have the mirror pockets but still fits perfectly. It is the "Fitted BMW Car Cover - Indoor Silver Range"
And I got the logos added to mine, at no additional cost. It was a few years ago but they were something like $275 including shipping.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Next post is correct, I found it through a post by Dan Mooney a few years ago. They’re from cover company and I believe they’re made in Spain. I also had one made for my M Coupe and my Porsche Boxster. They’re beautiful and I’m extremely happy with them.
is it carcover.com ?

thedazeofrain

Reaction score