4310316 begins

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Allan, in the current market and non-running state of the car , you would have to "assume the position" big time . Step back and review in a few weeks if that is an option. Like many, I am hanging out to see the finale !

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Alan, I really hope you don't have to sell right now in this market, finding the right buyer could be very difficult if you're aiming to get back anything of what you've put in it over the years.
If possible, keep it, forget it for a while, then think about it again when this CV19 episode had passed or at least calmed down.
But I have to say that I would really enjoy seeing you finish the project and once again be out on the road.
Stay safe and best wishes.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Allan, in the current market and non-running state of the car , you would have to "assume the position" big time . Step back and review in a few weeks if that is an option. Like many, I am hanging out to see the finale !

I mentioned this about a year ago. I still think you should seriously consider pulling the motor and stick a $1,000 running carbed 3.0. Mechanical fuel pump or use your electrical. You don’t even need to pull your harness.

You have been blocked by the complexity of your EMS and budget. The cheap and simple motor gets the car moving under it’s own power. That would allow you to work out the kinks with the rest of the drivetrain, brakes, and chassis electrical. All of that stuff is in your wheelhouse, and you seem to get enjoyment out of that as much if not more than driving.

The other advantage to this approach is that if you sell, you have a running 3.0 with limited new-build kinks. That plus a monster motor on a pallet will be much more appetizing than a in-op project with a looming $3K+ tuning bill.

Either way, there is zero judgement for selling. It’s not “giving up”, it is prioritizing life over play. This forum is a mashup of corporate employees, ‘comfortable’ retirees, collectors, hourly employees, etc. Another large population are small business owners, who between now and the next 18 months are likely going to need to make decisions as they feel the effects of the recession on their business and pocketbook. There will be a lot of classic car sales in the next couple of years, including many e9’s.

Disclaimer: I know that I didn’t identify every demographic and persona on the forum, but the sentiment is directionally correct. ;) Obviously a recession has a significant impact on everyone, but small business owners are particularly vulnerable at the moment.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@aearch,

Following up on my recommendation. Here is your motor. $100, and in the same town as you. Ran when pulled. With you abilities you could be driving your e9 by next weekend.

I mentioned this about a year ago. I still think you should seriously consider pulling the motor and stick a $1,000 running carbed 3.0. Mechanical fuel pump or use your electrical. You don’t even need to pull your harness.

You have been blocked by the complexity of your EMS and budget. The cheap and simple motor gets the car moving under it’s own power. That would allow you to work out the kinks with the rest of the drivetrain, brakes, and chassis electrical. All of that stuff is in your wheelhouse, and you seem to get enjoyment out of that as much if not more than driving.

The other advantage to this approach is that if you sell, you have a running 3.0 with limited new-build kinks. That plus a monster motor on a pallet will be much more appetizing than a in-op project with a looming $3K+ tuning bill.

Either way, there is zero judgement for selling. It’s not “giving up”, it is prioritizing life over play. This forum is a mashup of corporate employees, ‘comfortable’ retirees, collectors, hourly employees, etc. Another large population are small business owners, who between now and the next 18 months are likely going to need to make decisions as they feel the effects of the recession on their business and pocketbook. There will be a lot of classic car sales in the next couple of years, including many e9’s.

Disclaimer: I know that I didn’t identify every demographic and persona on the forum, but the sentiment is directionally correct. ;) Obviously a recession has a significant impact on everyone, but small business owners are particularly vulnerable at the moment.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
SO GO FIGURE - THE US GOVERMENT JUST ENABLED ME TO CALL THE TUNE SHOP.
IT SEEMS THEY POSTED AN 35K LOAN TO OUR ACCOUNT FOR SMALL BUSINESSES.
THERE IS FINALLY A HUGE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.
ILL KEEP A CONSTANT UPDATE OK

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Social Security model, my FICA taxes give the government breathing room to use "other" funds for their expenses, right?

No he will not do that. He will use the money for the defined loan program purposes & that will give him breathing room to use other funds for the car. Right, Allan?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Social Security model, my FICA taxes give the government breathing room to use "other" funds for their expenses, right?

It’s not my favorite use of the funds. However, Alan is putting the cash back into the local California economy - a small business at that. Perhaps one that didn’t get any funding since it is an “essential business” that likely never closed (but saw a significant reduction in revenue). There are a lot of significant exceptions to the federal funding to be annoyed with. Feel free to post an off-topic discussion on the subject.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yours is a very good point Markos.

It’s not my favorite use of the funds. However, Alan is putting the cash back into the local California economy - a small business at that. Perhaps one that didn’t get any funding since it is an “essential business” that likely never closed (but saw a significant reduction in revenue). There are a lot of significant exceptions to the federal funding to be annoyed with. Feel free to post an off-topic discussion on the subject.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START!
AFTER 42 SHEETS OF POSTING!!
IT HAS FINALLY- ACTUALLY HAPPENED
I HAVE THE POWERS THAT BE ---TO FINANCE THE TRIP OVER TO \SANTA ROSA.
THEY HAVE A CAR THERE NOW AND THEN IM INNNNNN.
ILL POST PICS OF THE MOVEMENT.
AND UPDATES.