72 CSi rotisserie restoration

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Paul - with as far as you've come with the car, it must be disheartening to find that hidden corrosion in there. But you caught it (thankfully) and addressed it - so that's great! The car is looking amazing. So to the teak wood.

paul

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well the painters have poly painted the whole car...........after block down will be ready for u/coat ..........at which time car will go onto Rotisserie.......and then the final 3 or 4 coats of topcoat followed by clear coats.
The lines of the car are really coming alive now.:D:D

Attachments

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've always perceived nachtblau as a little darker and less "electric" than the color in your example pics. But it is always tough to be definitive with pictures. Here are a couple of nachtbau pics from the internet/registry (car pics from members' cars).
10808382_10154833305440442_1691167711_n.jpg Imagen20164.jpg

paul

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gentlemen....thank you for your input.....now can I get some opinions (this will be good) My painter has sprayed and old door skin in a colour I am considering and also he is holding up my mates C1 corvette hardtop as another colour consideration (excuse his tatts and unshaven face ) what do you think???

Attachments

paul

Site Donor
Reaction score
well the original delivery colour was Polaris Silver. in 1983 it had a colour change to Fjord Blue and that is how I bought the car before starting the resto project......without a matching numbers engine.... shortly will have an M90/B34 engine and 5 speed box so matching numbers is definitely out the window......I thought in keeping E9 colours I would go for Turkis 065 which you all seem to like ( I am glad about that.... good to get 2nd opinions) with mid tan leather upholstery (see attached) Yes.......I like the comment on "mandatory workplace footware" hehhehhe
I am thinking of spraying the rocker panels in a Mid Grey to Charcoal colour (non gloss) instead of the standard Black. Thanks for your comments

Attachments