Getting this 3.0CSi back on the road

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
So much hate:( Did I tell you about the fully built M90 and G265 I just bought?

Just kidding:D

But I just got black classic plates approved for my car and they are ordered, should arrive within two weeks, and booked a time for registration inspection for late April.
So there is no turning back now, I have a month to get it ready for inspection!

Last edited:

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Went for a little test drive in the snow:cool:

Winter.jpg

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
So I finally got the car registered and approved!
I've done some small test drives, but the weather hasn't been the best, so the first real test drive was yesterday when the local classic car club had organized a little short meet with a 1 May classic car parade through town afterwards.
Everything went smoothly except the Opel in front of me backfired and puked some black exhaust crap on my front spoiler.. Opels.. :p Got lots of attention and that's always fun after all the work put in.

So now I have to fine tune some small things, the ignition is the biggest issue right now, the ignition timing seems to "wander" a little bit, and some misfires on idle/low rpms, but I don't know why or how, yet.
123ignition distributor is high up on the wish-list right now.

Some pictures from the 1 May meet:

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

And then I took another couple of photos that I can share:

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0304.jpg

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Beautiful work on the car. And that was quite a group out for the club drive. Congrats!

How close were you to that Opel? It looks like a shotgun blast. :eek: Hopefully it will clean off well.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congratulations, stunning CSi! Love those seats!

Thank you! The seats are just wonderful to sit in, soft and cushy but still keeps you in place!

Wow. Looks fantastic. The hard work paid off. Congratulations.

Wow congrats on finishing it up, it looks amazing!

You have outdone yourself!!!

Thank you guys, I truly appreciate your kind words!
Beautiful work on the car. And that was quite a group out for the club drive. Congrats!
How close were you to that Opel? It looks like a shotgun blast. :eek: Hopefully it will clean off well.

Thank you! Yes there was a total of 300+ cars, and the local American car club had their own meet and usually gathers 400-450 cars. It's a fun day for anyone interested in cars:)
You can see the distance in the first two pics, it was when he started up that it backfired, but it's all okay, washed away easily.

Superb !
Great stance too. What is your suspension set up ?

Thanks! I ended up using Bilstein HD in all corners, H&R -40mm e12 springs + CN camber plates in the front, and a pair of unknown/unbranded lowering springs in the rear that I found lying around in a friends garage.
I was afraid that the spring rate F to R wouldn't match, but I got lucky because the car handles very well, and not too stiff or soft.

Last edited:

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is really awesome Robert! Well done and a much deserved victory lap for you.

But one question... I don't see the baby seat in the back. Did you have to sell the poor kid in order to be able to afford finishing the car?

;-)

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
That is really awesome Robert! Well done and a much deserved victory lap for you.

But one question... I don't see the baby seat in the back. Did you have to sell the poor kid in order to be able to afford finishing the car?

;-)

Thank you Bo!
Haha, that’s a reasonable question:D But no - we thought it best to leave him with his grandparents for the hours we were away meeting and driving, I still haven’t been able to fit the rear seat seatbelts as I’ll have to modify my newly recovered armrests for the reels to fit.
And with a car not yet fully tested and you don’t yet trust to not leave you by the side of the road, you’re nervous enough even without your kid in the backseat;)
Later this summer or next year though!

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Very nicely done. I have enjoyed the build thread. It should be fun to drive and work out the bugs.