Progress update for January..
A lot of time was spent fabricating the tilt-slide mechanisms for the front seats. I must check the head-room now and see if it is satisfactory or should we redesign the original seat attacments to lower the seating position.
And adding-testing more parts under the hood. The S38 coolant radiator works well ofcourse with the right hoses.
Next up was testing the drive shaft. It does not fit as needed, so it was cleaned and sent off to a speciality shop to be lengthened ca. 30mm and also balanced.
Looking at the steering rack pump brackets on M30 and S38, we decided to go with the S38 bracket and ordered a M5 steering pump
Next up, the new sill covers were tested and made to fit perfect.
And new mirrors attached:
We also set the car on wheels. Although on some lowering springs it sits way higher than I like so most probably we will order coilovers from Germany. But... ain't it a beauty already
Most of the work on the body is done, so we are going to move along to refurbishing the axle parts etc soon. New bushings, brake calipers, etc all ordered.
We also have an idea to develop a more contemporary AC solution which would work with the regular heater box