The Raven e9 project

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Today marks the 3 year anniversary of buying the black (silver) coupe. I only wish I had more progress logged in over that period of time.

Happy Anniversary!!! That is just three years of planning and consideration. Three years of education about the car. Three years of making new friends!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Three years of making new friends!
Yes, yes, and especially the last one. It is fitting that Thanksgiving is this week, as I am thankful to have come to know the great people on this forum.
Also three years of accumulating parts (many of which I probably don't need). Not quite considered a hoard yet, but I am working on it. :D

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry for this gratuitous post - it has nothing to do with the Raven project other than the Raven staring at me and Gadget wondering why she is not getting worked on instead. But this cleverly packaged box arrived today. :)
20181204-dinan box.jpg <---- springs

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Stephen, my car will be "consumed" untill your's is restorated… hope you are not 62 as i am….. :p

Marc-M

Reaction score
Today marks the 3 year anniversary of buying the black (silver) coupe. I only wish I had more progress logged in over that period of time.

Looks like we both have 3 year old cars! Its a long haul restoring them correctly, but the best way of looking at it... we must be mad..... good job my wife is ok with me going most nights into the workshop...for how long she will put up with it, I don't know!!!
Its also a good job I like welding and metalwork as this is the most rotted car I have ever worked on - I hope yours is not as bad -

Regards
Marc

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like we both have 3 year old cars! Its a long haul restoring them correctly, but the best way of looking at it... we must be mad..... good job my wife is ok with me going most nights into the workshop...for how long she will put up with it, I don't know!!!
Its also a good job I like welding and metalwork as this is the most rotted car I have ever worked on - I hope yours is not as bad -

Regards
Marc
I haven't dug in far enough to compare the rot. But I am happy that there are people like yourself and so many others on the forum that choose to do the metal work to save these beautiful cars. :) It may not be as easy as some other vehicles, but I do think they are worth saving.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Although I don't post every delivery I receive, these arrived today and I felt it was worth capturing. Contrary to every other package I've received from Walloth and Nesch, these were packed quite poorly with a couple of heavy rear sub-frame mounts rattling around in the box, too. I am very disappointed with the packing job, and the resulting scratches and kinks. Nothing I can't work with, just disappointing...
20190108_122129_resized.jpg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
New/different front bumper arrived this week. Thank you Tom B. and @Ohmess
20190404-new front bumper.jpg

I have the original bumper, but it appears as though someone had used a grinder on it in the past and had it re-chromed - it was a poor job, and left the edge of the metal paper thin. I had planned on de-chroming it, welding some metal back onto the ultra thin areas, then straightening/working it back to shape before re-chroming (again?). But that would have taken a lot of time and effort, and may not have even provided the desired results. Especially the unknown of what would have been left of the metal after the de-chroming process. Very glad to start with a better bumper. :)

The next big decision will be whether or not to drill this new bumper for the Hella driving lights. I love them and the look. But now that I am starting with an un-drilled bumper, it causes hesitation...

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The next big decision will be whether or not to drill this new bumper for the Hella driving lights. I love them and the look. But now that I am starting with an un-drilled bumper, it causes hesitation...
Not that what anyone else says should make any difference in your decision but, remember old Mies... Less is More. ;-)

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not that what anyone else says should make any difference in your decision but, remember old Mies... Less is More. ;-)
Ha ha, indeed. I have "LESS IS MORE" printed on my golf balls. But it doesn't seem to lower my golf score whatsoever. :confused:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a center with fog holes drilled. It needs chrome though. I can stick it in the big box for free if you want it.

I need to pull it from the project car though.