The Raven e9 project

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'll measure it out for you, but know that i have made the hole, copied from my old floor. So if someone has an original; it will be more accurate.
Upon more contemplation, I almost think it would be better to find a (modern, available) rectangular plug and then size the pressing based on that EVEN IF IT IS NOT EXACTLY LIKE THE ORIGINAL. :oops: Maybe it is better to have a working access hole with good fitting plug. But I'll take any measurements you have. THANK YOU!

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Stephen, do you really believe someone will ever care if that impression is there or not ? You are crazy :p

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@HB Chris My CS had had this hole with a rectangular blank-off plug (I am pretty sure). I'll take a look at my tear down photos to confirm. I'd be happy not to have to cut the hole, but it makes a great inspection window for the frame.

@Belgiumbarry You make a reasonable point. Evidently I care. ;)

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@HB Chris I can confirm that my CS had a hole originally. Interesting that there's a tab the projects into the rectangular hole, too.

@eriknetherlands I should be good with this. Thank you for the offer to look at your car.

16679521307909127200940755045117.jpg

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes Erik, I now remember seeing your post. Thankfully, you have paved a road that I seem to be following. I am grateful for your posts!!!

Hopefully we'll both be able to find the plastic plugs that fill this hole.

There is also another access hole a bit further forward if I recall correctly. It is oval shape and there is one on the left side as well. That will be another home made die press form. ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@autokunst,

FYI, @Tony.dreamer made some dies to stamp the sheetmetal with these shapes. I know he did the circular one with the line through it. I have his number if you want to check in with him and perhaps save some time.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes please! I'd rather pay for shipping to borrow some dies than spend a few evenings making them.

I'll send @Tony.dreamer a DM.

Thanks for the connection.
Stephen

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi I do still have my dies, also the one for the oval holes, but they are with another local e9-er...in the Netherlands.

Let me know if you want them and I'll ship 'em over.

Attacghed some pics from the plastic plug in my car, next to my self made hole in an Walloth&N panel.

Attachments

• 20221110_225735.jpg
    20221110_225735.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 20221110_225743.jpg
    20221110_225743.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 20221110_225748.jpg
    20221110_225748.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20221110_225806.jpg
    20221110_225806.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi I do still have my dies, also the one for the oval holes, but they are with another local e9-er...in the Netherlands.

Let me know if you want them and I'll ship 'em over.

Attacghed some pics from the plastic plug in my car, next to my self made hole in an Walloth&N panel.
These images are so helpful. And look at the inside of your frame rail! It looks beautiful. Is that your original piece, or did you fabricate that?

I'll DM you.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's fabricated into the Walloth&Neesch panel. Epoxy afterwards.

The frame rail was completely opened up and sanded clean with belt sander on the inside; it turned out mirror smooth & clean.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That number is simply unreal. With two dehumidifier running 24 seven in my garage. I am lucky to stay at around 43 or 44%.
I can keep it between 4% and about 10% in the winter. In the summer it gets up into the teens, maybe cresting 21% at the highest. I run the heat pump (heat in the winter, AC in the summer) and also a dehumidifier is always set on automatic. Of course, it is not running today. But if we pull a car in wet from rain or snow, the dehumidifier will ramp up and fight to dry everything back out. Gotta love the midwest.