What did you do to your E9 today?

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
i asked here for the 440 but no luck… seems a typical US item.
I got another brand starter motor , also the smaller fixed magnet type..... Europe available version :)
But damned , don't remember the brand.... should check if i still have the box....

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I pushed two of them in and out of my garage to shuffle positions, man I can't wait to use gasoline instead of muscle!
IMG_20190921_111813076_HDR.jpg

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Please change all your 'auto parts store slotted hose clamps' to BMW solid style hose clamps.
Andrew "tol' me so"...
Fixed the leak, buttoned it back up, put it to bed. Planned a weekend drive, but flipped the hood just to double-check my work... I found gas cascading down the intake side of the block!
Oh well, defaulted to the Funmobile and had a great drive with the Inka Tii.
Now back to Andrew's advice. The fuel rail is interesting, because the diameter allows for an 8mm fuel hose to slip on easily. But those cheapo "auto store" clamps just naturally deform the hose and cause it to leak.
IMG_2188.jpg
IMG_2222.jpg
IMG_2199.jpg

I sourced clamps from JEGS and they fit the bill.
IMG_2192.jpg
IMG_2193.jpg

This time I wanted to get it right, so I replaced all clamps and hose sections in the top end.
IMG_2203.jpg
IMG_2191.jpg

As I was putting everything together, I started thinking that I've never checked first-hand my fuel pressure. Then I thought if I wanted to adjust it, it would make sense to make the regulator more accessible.
IMG_2205.jpg
IMG_2207.jpg

I confirmed the #3 and #4 runners will fit around it, but then I researched the normal position on the forum and found it can be accessed under the plenum, so I reverted back to the standard mount and put everything back together.
I couldn't get the fittings for the pressure gauge to seal, so I passed on that exercise for the moment.

When I first received the car and submitted it for inspection, they failed me for a brake fluid leak from the brake booster. I replaced the master cylinder, but the leak had damaged some paint on the fuel filter and front rail (still to be fully addressed).
Interesting that the replacement filter is slightly larger.
IMG_2197.jpg
IMG_2198.jpg

Probably a good thing that I changed it.
IMG_2196.jpg

The sensor connector on the Aux Air Valve was cracked, so I cut away the connector plastic free up the connectors and replace the boot

IMG_2209 - Copy.jpg

Cutting away these connectors can easily end in a trip to the emergency room, so I'm really careful, and usually use a wooden spatula to support the connector and act as a cutting board.

IMG_2211.jpg
IMG_2217.jpg
IMG_2218.jpg
IMG_2219.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2189.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_2190.jpg
    IMG_2190.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_2221.jpg
    IMG_2221.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
EDIT: UPDATE: All 4 bolts were loose! Added to my annual inspection list!

As part of my annual underside fluid replacement (differential, gearbox, brake flush) I always check the underside for anything out of the ordinary. Found a differential mounting bolt backed out (also holds the fuel pump) - not cool!

_yRM2JtA_o-u76XmBBHYINxBXfoXZSDyekpWnELf-lD8ROVwmo04H2VQfqPaYwTHNDev3EaudBH5sn1OrP3-VzhHlIitiMwunoKygxcsZsK648sdJL6NRDXRyVTpXrR6HXMnqmIazeqKp7ziNRwuLA-YsG_ruaGbCOvT4WBnCifmFwQ4_bQhf5BJTK4E14JVP4jgVEwNNSDo5So-_mEY5-rykGQjnmyU7aOBeXTCv0w1rHbhNbPjAWAUbxrk5UHzdEL-_V1WjPUbb-8MptMYEFcp1D1_ETSrM4ubUBpJLE53819qUqVE48LEhfG5RAURXF26Q4cVK5KosdOBMgDYk0ysqq2Q_PLb2wJ52yY0rLa1zuiCI7UIAUFkOGlc468bWWWS-Q0Iq6quQnsgIxVr_XT486kpoo4FF5rRztduJ_He_Se7dpPL_O-bny52uXfmKywQB9IbmuN2MhGa8o4PcHXjxHRkHa9__4eRBHSYyBEDTmcATbfoHHqp8JZYIcfBKMYNxyz5C5SB3HEIv0Y86IBpkYIywyU6Y2QIXMWoWs8rSLM7JpZ89sVsrDJsJoAxJWW5sdNsokv-XaC6e9Bj6KAxhSeXanh5Wz3HlnQOY4dQWUNqZIoJhLZUcbq5IgItX5BcRifxCAU7ddzVvv62X3zhOcwS8EtyV1jS4-mBDw57dPa0IKThUA=w893-h782-no

Last edited:

climbernyc

Reaction score
62c75e8e83870b18f735b268ddf77dd8.jpg

Added ST swaybars and a rebuilt 1 wire alternator (noticed bearing noise). With the HB suspension, the car retains the supple feel but a bit flatter on turns. Of course the play in the steering box is more noticeable with everything else tightened up. Have to get in there and adjust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coupelady

Reaction score
I replaced a stripped driver side rear window transmission.
Fun job, I've gotten pretty efficient with replacing these, it's the third one I've done on that window.
I replaced a stripped driver side rear window transmission.
Fun job, I've gotten pretty efficient with replacing these, it's the third one I've done on that window.
Ah you are the man to talk to about refurbishing my rear windows. Work but are VERY slow.

Mpower5266

Reaction score
Thanks guys. We have done several projects together. Everything from holding flashlights and handing him tools while he was under an MGB when I was toddler to holding a bucking bar while setting rivets in a Cessna 170. Now that Im older and married, I don't have as much time to hang around the shop with him. Hes also retired now, so he gets to work on the e9 all day.