What did you do to your E9 today?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes it seems like a great product. It’s a nasty job getting all the old adhesive off and don’t want to do it again anytime soon.

Steve,

You are gonna' like that insulation product. Robert Budd who developed that product is a friend of mine and I installed it on the hood of my '74 about 5 years ago. It looks great for a LOOOONG time. I don't know whether he is still selling it, as he sold the Classic 9 upholstery business about a year ago and retired.

Cheers,

dpdapper

Site Donor
Reaction score
Took it for a drive today--had to get out of the house. Big Tujunga Canyon → Angeles Forest Highway → Angeles Crest Highway. Beautiful day in the Angeles National Forest.

E88F159D-5B0F-4E90-B2D3-BE2236459F57_1_105_c.jpeg

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
I gave my car 2285171 CSL a bit of a clean in preparation for the trip to the upholstery shop on Tuesday,I have been waiting about a year ?, but anyway its happening very exciting

Attachments

• IMG_0755.JPG
    IMG_0755.JPG
    307.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    260.2 KB · Views: 181

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
I gave my car 2285171 CSL a bit of a clean in preparation for the trip to the upholstery shop on Tuesday,I have been waiting about a year ?, but anyway its happening very exciting
Car looks great Burky. Where are you having your work done in Sydney?

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
The heat shield project. Thanks for the inspiration from all of those here who documented it. Stole a page from Erik Netherlands and welded on a couple of weld nuts; bulletproof.

IMG_4573.JPG

...and if anyone is serious about doing this project, I have about 40 weld nuts (M8 x 1.25) left that I can send free (small donation to forum...?) if anyone needs them. Search "heat shield" for Stevehose and Eriknetherlands threads.

IMG_4625.JPG

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Took it for a drive today--had to get out of the house. Big Tujunga Canyon → Angeles Forest Highway → Angeles Crest Highway. Beautiful day in the Angeles National Forest.

View attachment 92632
My coupe's twin!
@dpdapper Another good ride would be the road between Pepperdine in Mailbu out to the Thousand Oaks area. The is yet another road somewhere near there with even more twists.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The heat shield project. Thanks for the inspiration from all of those here who documented it. Stole a page from Erik Netherlands and welded on a couple of weld nuts; bulletproof.

View attachment 93393

...and if anyone is serious about doing this project, I have about 40 weld nuts (M8 x 1.25) left that I can send free (small donation to forum...?) if anyone needs them. Search "heat shield" for Stevehose and Eriknetherlands threads.

View attachment 93396
@Luis did you need to remove the headers (or down pipes) to get this on?
I have headers on my coupe, have had the heat shield forever but not installed.

Steven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My coupe's twin!
@dpdapper Another good ride would be the road between Pepperdine in Mailbu out to the Thousand Oaks area. The is yet another road somewhere near there with even more twists.
I think you may be thinking about Decker Canyon. Very twisty, and I've had some incredibly fun days on that road. Not for the faint of heart (they can stay on Kanan or Malibu Canyon Road)!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think you may be thinking about Decker Canyon. Very twisty, and I've had some incredibly fun days on that road. Not for the faint of heart (they can stay on Kanan or Malibu Canyon Road)!

Malibu Canyon Road is a lot of fun! Drove it 4 times last year before the Targa California 2019.

Malibu Canyon Road View.jpeg

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Luis did you need to remove the headers (or down pipes) to get this on?
I have headers on my coupe, have had the heat shield forever but not installed.
Stan, definitely need to remove the downpipes to do the placement of the nuts and priming/schmutz application afterwards. I don’t know if the shield would fit in w/o removing the pipes; I didn’t try. Maybe some of the old threads would shed light on that.