What did you do to your E9 today?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Locked my keys inside my Coupe. :( Just as I was closing my driver door, I felt something was not right....slam! Yes I could see my keys still in ignition. Dam! I had left my vent window open and thought I could just reach in and pull up on handle inside door. Nope, need a child size arm with the small gap that was available. Then I saw an auto parts store close by and assumed they would be sympathetic. I just needed an old, original, thick, coat hanger and I could be free. Their suggestion was to call a tow truck. Back at my car I realized my trunk was unlocked. Opened up and felt like MacGyver scanning what was available to liberate my car. There it was, a genuine BMW Keilriemen! Managed to lower it inside vent window, and hook onto inner door handle...and success! Lesson : always pack original parts, and leave trunk unlocked, and leave vent window open some, then you can do this too! Better yet, just remember your key!;) BTW, the drive was fabulous, did not even care about locking my key inside, these cars are so fun!
View attachment 164926
So driver door already locked and you closed passenger door?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Locked my keys inside my Coupe. :( Just as I was closing my driver door, I felt something was not right....slam! Yes I could see my keys still in ignition. Dam! I had left my vent window open and thought I could just reach in and pull up on handle inside door. Nope, need a child size arm with the small gap that was available. Then I saw an auto parts store close by and assumed they would be sympathetic. I just needed an old, original, thick, coat hanger and I could be free. Their suggestion was to call a tow truck. Back at my car I realized my trunk was unlocked. Opened up and felt like MacGyver scanning what was available to liberate my car. There it was, a genuine BMW Keilriemen! Managed to lower it inside vent window, and hook onto inner door handle...and success! Lesson : always pack original parts, and leave trunk unlocked, and leave vent window open some, then you can do this too! Better yet, just remember your key!;) BTW, the drive was fabulous, did not even care about locking my key inside, these cars are so fun!
Your doors will lock without the key to turn it? I thought they all needed a key for this very reason. Good ending though!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sunday, July 9th we attended the Moxie Festival Car Show in Lisbon Falls, Maine.

Mostly American cars filled the field with a few exceptions. Athena, James an 1981 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow II, The CanniBus, Alfa Romeo 4C, Austin Healy & a 1989 East German Trabant 160S.
IMG_0416.jpeg
IMG_0419.jpeg
IMG_0417.jpeg
IMG_0421.jpeg
IMG_0422.jpeg
IMG_0437.jpeg

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great photos! Of course I like the Coupe photos, and the Healey, but my favourite shot must be the one with the, I assume the owner of the Trabant, and his "tent"that he has clearly used before, to brave car Shows in New England, in July ;)

E9madada

Site Donor
Reaction score
Eventually got round to fitting the 2002 C tubes, I only had to adjust #3 by removing a small part of the ribbed area, as it was fouling on the cold start air valve bracket.
First picture with rear 3 installed.
Looking forward to testing and seeing any changes in torque.

Attachments

• D9B326E1-FF5E-4561-9CCF-C4E8951DB1D9.jpeg
    D9B326E1-FF5E-4561-9CCF-C4E8951DB1D9.jpeg
    267.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 7DC26D31-2AA1-45FC-B24F-54E67AF1E83E.jpeg
    7DC26D31-2AA1-45FC-B24F-54E67AF1E83E.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 75

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Eventually got round to fitting the 2002 C tubes, I only had to adjust #3 by removing a small part of the ribbed area, as it was fouling on the cold start air valve bracket.
First picture with rear 3 installed.
Looking forward to testing and seeing any changes in torque.
Curious to hear about the difference

day66

Reaction score
BIG DAY! Not just the first drive on the road in my Coupe but the first drive of any Coupe on the road - so doubly tense as I never gelled with my last project and had to move that on!

Anyway, the Coupe was great - it's a joy to drive. All the controls are nicely weighted, it rides really well, has plenty of poke, and stops!

I still have some work to do on the interior (seats) and need to install the sunroof to fix before it is in "one piece", but it feels like I'm in the final straight now!

Barry.b

Reaction score
BIG DAY! Not just the first drive on the road in my Coupe but the first drive of any Coupe on the road - so doubly tense as I never gelled with my last project and had to move that on!

Anyway, the Coupe was great - it's a joy to drive. All the controls are nicely weighted, it rides really well, has plenty of poke, and stops!

I still have some work to do on the interior (seats) and need to install the sunroof to fix before it is in "one piece", but it feels like I'm in the final straight now!
Well done !
It must be a bit nerve racking going for the first drive.
What if it didn’t match up to what you hoped it would be .
I have owned mine for about 9 and a half years have put a massive amount of time into restoring her and I have never driven her once …
Yet !
I’ll get there some day .
Anyway congratulations on the first drive !!