What did you do to your E9 today?

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
With the "new" 5 speed installed, I find myself driving the coupe to work way more. Best modification so far!

IMG_20200529_080504.jpg

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Our local hotel opened today, and I brought the poodles and BMW up to let people take pictures.

When I pulled up the door person was so happy to see us saying that “everything must be back to normal once he sees the BMW with the poodles in front in their assigned seats.”

Everyone smiles from ear to ear every time they see the car with the dogs sitting perfectly..

pmansson

Reaction score
I just got to my house in Stockholm, after 360 miles from my summer house. Didn´t see any 47 year old cars, let alone in rhe left lane
(itś not a real Batmobile. But meticulously done in !984-85. Pity that the donor car had a sunroof)

Attachments

• 5C5D4A12-32C0-446C-B33A-9A8FC973818C.jpeg
    5C5D4A12-32C0-446C-B33A-9A8FC973818C.jpeg
    398 KB · Views: 251

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Luis did you need to remove the headers (or down pipes) to get this on?
I have headers on my coupe, have had the heat shield forever but not installed.
I would definetly remove the downpipes.
It is probably harder to weld the nuts to the floor with the headers still there, vs welding them without removing the headers.

Work is not what sets me back, it is the jobs where you have to fight with the car in uncomfortable positions that holds me back sometimes.

For example, I just throw a complete matras in the car to remove the dashboard.
Makes is so much more enjoyable...

Attachments

• 1591357270892583029708144966781.jpg
    1591357270892583029708144966781.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 254

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My son bought some awesome beer at Trillium Brewery so I went on a beer run to his house (40 miles away). The Great White is amazing. I was at the entrance ramp to the highway and there was a new Audi S5 we took off and I redlined the gears. Got to 110 on 4th. Thank you @MarioL
Another bad day for Audi!

TodB

Reaction score
My son bought some awesome beer at Trillium Brewery so I went on a beer run to his house (40 miles away). The Great White is amazing. I was at the entrance ramp to the highway and there was a new Audi S5 we took off and I redlined the gears. Got to 110in 4th. Thank you @Mario L.
That a boy, Stan. Glad to hear you are airing it out. I'll bet the S5 was surprised!

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The restoration shop bought the weldnuts and installed them before the engine/trans/Stahl header was put into the car. The tunnel needs to be clear to install the Header heat shield.

Attachments

• IMG_1388.jpg
    IMG_1388.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1415.jpg
    IMG_1415.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 180

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by the metal strips. Are you talking about the strips that hold the rubber on?
yes. I bought those metal strips from W&N. After seeing the old ones completely rusted away, I painted both sides with POR15 (Paint over rust). Now it looks like you have to rivet one end to start and then line up the bumper holes to drill holes in the metal strip before riveting the strip to the bumper.

Kenneth Olsen

Reaction score
Began replacement of hood support bracket on my black car. On the hinge retainer, which has been on the car since the day it was built (Feb. 20, 1973) I discovered Ceylon paint covered by Siennabraun paint underneath the black paint. Certificate says Ceylon, Karmann chassis plate says "09" (Siennabraun). More stuff to think about.

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
yes. I bought those metal strips from W&N. After seeing the old ones completely rusted away, I painted both sides with POR15 (Paint over rust). Now it looks like you have to rivet one end to start and then line up the bumper holes to drill holes in the metal strip before riveting the strip to the bumper.
I am using the SS bumpers from Blunt Tech. The strip comes welded to the bumpers.