'73 Sahara Bavaria Restoration

hardtosee_e3

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rear calipers are different than the front.
II got my caliper rebuild kits from RockAuto
If the spare MC is unused, I'd just disassemble and inspect and put in a kit. A simple DIY.
RockAuto has all the hoses for $6-8 each.

Great, I've found both caliper rebuild kits on RockAuto.

I'm now leaning towards buying the adapters to accommodate the E9 slotted front rotors

Has anyone used these Dynamic Friction rotors for rear replacements? RockAuto calls them a fit

This may be a moot point; a local shop I trust has the tooling to turn rotors. Just need to measure where they're currently at.

hardtosee_e3

Site Donor
Reaction score
The car is now at Eastgate Motors in Red Hook, NY. They conveniently have a lift and a wide selection of tools.

Here are some shots from some parts discovery/organization and transport on Wednesday.

Along with about 10 headlights, a drawer full of coolant hosing, and one, if not two wiring harnesses, I came across two front calipers* that look like they are barely used, with new pads inserted.

PXL_20210505_175414038.jpg

PXL_20210505_175402921.jpg

PXL_20210505_160640541.jpgPXL_20210505_160633994.jpgPXL_20210505_154255829.jpg

*edit: calipers, not rotors

Last edited:

hardtosee_e3

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice project!

View attachment 118466

Is it the original BMW sticker on the silencer?

I like the colors on this photo.

It was! Although I'm not sure it survived the flat bed trip (in the rain, unfortunately). Good news there is that I only found one small leak along the inside of the drivers-side rocker after an hour in the elements and under motion.

hardtosee_e3

Site Donor
Reaction score
The car also came with a separate/spare bosal midpipe setup .. anyone ever run one of these?

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think your front bumperettes are on upside down (either that or mine are :) ). Your rear bumperettes look a little strange. I don't think they are upside down, but the face should be flat. Maybe the bumper itself is tweaked some? Odd that the front side reflectors have been shaved, but not the rear marker lights. A good thing that they are gone, however.

It is great to get all those spares with the car. What you can't use will be good trading material. The front turn signal/marker lens and the tail lights are getting to be unobtanium. Parts that also fit an E9 are gold...like the front grills, headlight buckets, Engine parts.

A great looking Bav! It will be a fun and rewarding project.