The end is near....SCOTTeVEST's Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott, you will see i very soon... the shocks may not be so long that in free extend the springs come loose between the plates, as you would jack the car up or be airborne :D

sometimes there's a very soft spring added to keep things together ( under compression) in....

In the USA these are sometimes called “zero rate helper springs”. Avail widely from racer suspension parts sources like Pegasus or directly from spring makers like Eibach etc.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
thanks @bfeng for clarification... please understand my language is Dutch and second French in school... ever. English was third ... i edit it
i know i write many errors, but hope you guys can read it :D

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
8b87414fc5fa19641c95fae37970fc8b.jpg

Rear chrome bumper installed. Looks great. Going to head to the shop on Wednesday or Thursday to see what else is going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking good. Are you installing bumper mounted license plate lights or keeping the 74 side lights? I am a little concerned the trunk lock, gasket, and interior trunk panels have not been removed?

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
99b8e5cf9fbc6d03b1257addcb859b10.jpg

While waiting for my car to get finished I went ahead and bought this to drive until it is ready

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just looked at some pictures to see what you were talking about with the lighting. Frankly, not sure it is worth going to the travel. Are these parts easy to come by

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rob, US coupes have additional holes to mount the two license lamps as well as a hole for the wires. A euro panel without the fog opening can be used but its one more thing to source.

I agree, but that looks like @Wladek tile to me. If so he has lots of stuff listed on eBay at the moment. :D

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott, I have a rear center panel that was drilled for a US plate if you are interested. Euro bumper lights are available.
#63/09/01 https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/beleuchtung/bmw-2-5-cs-3-0-csl-e9/katalogbild-63-09.html

View attachment 41864 View attachment 41865 View attachment 41867
View attachment 41868

Thank you very much. I was hoping to place my last order for parts from W and n. Could you send me some Hi-Rez images of the parts in the images here to my email? It is hard to tell the condition. [email protected]

Let me know the cost and thank you

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
fantastic job scott really enjoy
following your progress
if you have a plater near by all your alum and trim can be redone to new condition

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
fantastic job scott really enjoy
following your progress
if you have a plater near by all your alum and trim can be redone to new condition

I am told that is the plan but not quite sure how it is taking place… I mentioned it earlier but will put it at the top of the list to make sure we do not forget. Really stoked on this process

Status
Not open for further replies.