What did you do to your E9 today?

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Also got my Lokari inner wings installed...very tight fit but I guess that the point!

IMG_3254.jpeg
IMG_3255.jpeg

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congrats Ed! Must be a great feeling beeing able to drive it again! And it goes without saying, you've done a beautiful job.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Drove it on a shake down in the hills around Barney’s place. Runs beautifully, temp was perfect, rear brakes could use an adjustment, no funny noises, so it’s looking good. Waiting on a few window felts and squeegees, but they are on the way.

View attachment 75031
View attachment 75032
Ed Z

Beautiful car. Enjoy being out and about again.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Installed the upper door seals. These are the reproductions from Vintage Autobahn and they went in slick as a whistle. I sprayed the clipping surfaces with a rubber/vinyl protectant just to make it easier to snap into the grooves of the aluminum trim. So easy.

6F3DF22C-0F3F-4A94-9827-651CC05DCAAE.jpeg

Also replaced the black inlay pinstriping in the recessed nose trim.

7B89AC32-14B8-436F-AA9C-D5F2E0EF3349.jpeg

One piece at a time...

Ed

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
cleaned up my driver seat to reinstall
polished the aluminum bottom latch and mechanisms
and the trim
touched up the leather with the dye
i got from leather magic (perfect match)
the best material for the vinyl and rubber is maquires
u can spray it on and it soaks in to refurbish -neat.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Let us know once all door rubber is in if slamming is needed like on OEM seals.

I sure will. As of now, the bottom seals seem to allow for easy door closing. I'm still waiting on door-window felts and squeegees, so I can't report on how the top seals will affect everything.

Ed

BarnE9

Reaction score
Drove it hard on fabulous A and B roads in the Scottish borders on the way to the new Jim Clark museum in his home town of Duns. Highly recommended

Attachments

• IMG_20190917_132700.jpg
    IMG_20190917_132700.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 153

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I dodged a bullet big-time earlier this week... I was taking advantage of the weather to drive my car to the office. I parked outside to pick up my wife... I have no sense of smell, but even I smelled gasoline. I chalked it up to the D-Jet running rich while cold.
My wife has a good nose and she complained all the way to the office, and all the way home. I decided to drive it again on Wednesday, pulled up outside to wait for the wife, thought "I might as well look under the hood"... there was gas running everywhere! Holy crap!

I pulled the plenum today and found the culprit... an over-tightened hose clamp had cut into the short section connecting the fuel rails! Pretty serious leak, no telling for how long! :oops:

IMG_2077.jpg
IMG_2080.jpg
IMG_2083.jpg
IMG_2086.jpg
IMG_2087.jpg

While I had it apart, I refreshed the paint on the block that the gas had eroded.

IMG_2089.jpg
IMG_2091.jpg
IMG_2092.jpg

Done! Running like a champ.

IMG_2093.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2090.jpg
    IMG_2090.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 140

Dohn

Reaction score
Had a great time at the Dayton Concours d'Elegance last weekend. Since I won my class last year I was in the "Premier" class, un-judged other than by a group of young judges-to-be. Was awarded third behind a red Corvette (surprise!) and an enormous '67 Lincoln Continental convertible. Great company!

Check out my freshly applied ceramic coating. I'll take anything that makes a black car easier to maintain...

Kid Judges 2019 - Erin Walsh Wheeler.jpg