1974 BMW CSE

Bmachine

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here are a couple of videos I took. Here you can hear the man himself describe some of the processes and challenges they had to deal with.

Including a “speed run” limited to 25 or 30 miles an hour because when stopping from a higher speed the regeneration is so strong it can get the car to jump off the lift.

JetDexter

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been backed up with family and work but I am a couple of partial days into installing the front Wilwood brakes with the new hubs and all. Should have something next week to look at.

Meanwhile We finally have an entire driver side of the car DONE! It's a truly great feeling to be done complete with inner fender, new fender, inner and outer rockers, repaired door frame, new door skin and repaired rear quarter. We opted for custom and welded rocker trims. I had seen it on a couple coupes in photos and they looked terrific.

Also, since we were going this far Tyler did some magic with tight door gaps. He didn't go as crazy as his previous (ludicrous) 911 guys opt for, but certainly tighter than the e9 ever had. Funny thing is that after it was done it was a bit to tight for the design of the hinge. We are having to back it off just a touch as the hinge pulls the door tighter while opening. It made me laugh some - it wasn't that BMW/Karman wasn't capable of tighter gaps, they just weren't capable of engineering a hinge able to support tight gaps :)

Anyway, she is looking really good on her stock wheels!

Driver Side complete.JPGDriver Side Gaps.JPG

JetDexter

Site Donor
Reaction score
A lot of progress lately. We have a goal to be driving this car in a month. By mid-August. Of course there won’t be any interior, glass, lights. But around my complex here to do some testing.

We got the E46 steering column forward bracket welded in (we were waiting to verify the angle).

We got the E93 drivers seat in. We are still fabricating the structural support and will have more photos of that tomorrow. I am sad to not have the beauty of the stock seats, but very excited to be able to sit lower (as my head scrapes the ceiling) but for a daily driver, the convenience of the integrated seatbelt. Hence the structural work we are doing now.

We are also wrapping up the machining work to the control arms to mate up to the VW steering rods.

So things are coming along at a decent pace!