Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I believe the 3 gauges and 2 switches as layed out are going to hit the evaporator squirell cage. The stock vertical arrangement of the switches fits between the 2 halves of the blower (barely).

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I believe the 3 gauges and 2 switches as layed out are going to hit the evaporator squirell cage. The stock vertical arrangement of the switches fits between the 2 halves of the blower (barely).

Thanks Steve that makes sense. It has been almost a year since I sold my ebay box. All I remember is that it is tight in there. Trying to do gauges and AC will be tough.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Some great progress since when I last checked in.

Price dependant, i'd be interested in a 3 gauge type.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Some great progress since when I last checked in.

Price dependant, i'd be interested in a 3 gauge type.

All of the face plates come out to be about $225 at the moment. The base cost is slightly variable and I add my fixed margin. I will ship it to the UK for free though.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
As I prep for the four gauge console, I’m evaluating my new custom gauges from Speedhut. They are well packaged with good instructions and clean wiring. The dial faces are slightly pixilated. They are printed and not silk screened like some of the more expensive custom gauges.

They met my expectations and they did well with the custom symbols I provided. The illumination is more that I want but not bad. I will be subtly modifying a bit, but more on that later.

I’m looking forward to mocking up the four gauge console. A three gauge is less boy racer but I liked the four gauge look better.

AFR (lamda), oil pressure (bar), volts, water temp (celsius)
3946757521acb01cf728b6c42e914514.jpg

a24728daff0bbc2e0dd4fea936f03894.jpg

775b3799fbf52d55e40f91d316f3b12a.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd be keen on an ignition key cover if you have any ready.

Wes

Hi Wes,

I'm still working on fitmet for these. I need to get some measurements and send them back to the modeler. Currently the cover doesn't stay in place. Keep you posted!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I’m going to load up the AC console side vents up on thingverse for free public distribution. Some of my print files were released on the facebook e3 forum without my express permission. The guy who helped me with my first print was under the unverified impression that I made the files publicly available. While I intend to do so eventually with many of my files, I’m still a long way away from recovering my modeling and draft printing costs. I was also reinvesting my margins into new parts as this thread highlights. Such is life with the internet I suppose.

I messaged both parties. I’m not sure
if Chris is a member but he had no idea that the files were distributed without permission of the author. I recommended that he keep on printing it as I will be publishing it. I would like to retain ownership of the AC Face Plate file. The face plate file that he had was the first draft, and I am on revision 5.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...gm.579444869064955&source=48&ref=group_header

B82B6DE9-F6E4-4C74-9F37-C553F92E4E76.png

Last edited:

thestein1016

Reaction score
Marcos, fb message received.
Yes, there was a miscommunication with all of this. I would also like to clear up that I have remodeled the a/c vents to be more printer friendly for those that are printing at home. Each piece requires nearly 12-18 hours of print time dependent on layer mm and supports

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Some of my print files were released on the facebook e3 forum without my express permission.
This news does not sit well with me. True, we live in a networkcentric world. But you've spent a lot of time and testing on what is considered intellectual property. Until YOU choose to distribute, the file data is not for anyone else to distribute, print, or gain from. Very sorry to hear about this. Even if it was just a misunderstanding, publishing data that is not your own is wrong, and everyone knows that.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Marcos, fb message received.
Yes, there was a miscommunication with all of this. I would also like to clear up that I have remodeled the a/c vents to be more printer friendly for those that are printing at home. Each piece requires nearly 12-18 hours of print time dependent on layer mm and supports

Thanks Chris! I’m glad that you chimed in as I don’t want anyone to demonize someone who had no idea what happened. Glad you were able to make a file that works!

thestein1016

Reaction score
I would also like to mention that
This news does not sit well with me. True, we live in a networkcentric world. But you've spent a lot of time and testing on what is considered intellectual property. Until YOU choose to distribute, the file data is not for anyone else to distribute, print, or gain from. Very sorry to hear about this. Even if it was just a misunderstanding, publishing data that is not your own is wrong, and everyone knows that.
Just want to make it clear, I did not publish anything that was not mine, nor have I published anything at all.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey Chris - understood. My comments were aimed at whomever published the files prior - that's dirty pool. Thank you for the clarification.